Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 3/28/2008 7:08:00 PM

Broke me out. Didn't like smell. Greasy. Yucky goop!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

For a person who has used this for the past 10 years then switched to another cleanser this year, i can say this is a very great product that will reduce the pimples you get on your face, the downside being the dryness that will come with it. But you shouldnt use this in the first place if your skin is at all dry. Now for those with oily skins, then i would fully recommend this product for use twice a day along with a benzyl peroxide to clear your face. btw i use acnefree.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this product on and off for years. I have acne prone skin and tend to change my face wash frequently always looking for the next best thing. I really want to be able to use a basic cleanser that isnt intended for acne and have tried many but simply cant because I start to break out. To sum this up I have once again came back to this product after another unsuccessful attempt at finding a basic cleanser to use. It cleared up the breakouts that I had developed pretty quick. Still, I do get the occasional pimple so this is by no means a miracle product, it is just the best I have found so far.

on 3/24/2008 9:01:00 PM

No - I hate this stuff. Too drying and it smells bad. LOL

on 3/23/2008 3:16:00 PM

Overdrying. Too foamy/bubbly. Not crazy about the smell. Will not repurchase.

on 3/19/2008 2:39:00 AM

It's a basic cleanser... doesn't do much. Gets rid of dirt decently. It smells like soap. It didn't do much for my acne. I used this whenever I needed a quick pick me up

on 3/18/2008 5:01:00 PM

sucks on face. irritating..... BUT made a great makeup brush cleaner.

on 3/17/2008 5:33:00 PM

I was excited to start using this product. Neutrogena usually makes great cleansers, but sadly I was disapointed. I started using it once a day and I started breaking out (I NEVER BREAK OUT) so I used it twice a day. My skin was itchy and dry and pimpley for a while, as well as very red. I discontinued this cleanser after about a month (hey, I gave it a chance!) and THAT was a great decision

on 3/11/2008 4:20:00 AM

This is the worst product I have ever used. It is drying, irritating, and has the worst medicinal smell. To think my skin was actually ok when I started using this! I only had some blackheads on my nose and took a bit of it from my friend to try for a few days. In those few days, I actually started sprouting major pus filled pimples on my face. At first I thought my face was going through that purging stage, but it continued even after I stopped using it, and only calmed down after a long time. The scars it left took ages to go too. It deserves zero lippies!

on 3/9/2008 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

i got this when i first started getting acne and i wasnt a fan, it doesnt foam easly and it doesnt get rid of any pimples, and the smell is weird.