July 24, 2014 | 1847 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

This left my face tight, dry, and irritated. Did not help with breakouts. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by lotionbuff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not really enjoy this product. It did nothing for my break outs and did not help me to dry out my skin. I would definately not purchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2007 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Littlel07

Made my face worse! I think I am allergic to this brand!
UPDATE!!! So i continued to use this product instead of every morning and night to just at night while in the shower, but use it every other day. Has done a pretty good job at clearing my minor acne and helped with the left over acne scars. Face feels clean and slightly taut. I think this product is to harsh for both am and pm, and everyday use. After this bottle is done, i wll evalute its effectiveness and decide if i want to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by melckwan

I had only used this product 3 times and right now, my lower jaw and cheeks has come up with a swollen rash, slightly red and it's stingy from putting on sorbolene. I thought maybe this is due to stress...but I'm starting to think not! Will not be using this product again...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Zirra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this a long time ago and I now remember why i didnt continue using it. It made the skin around the mouth and my chin very dry. I didnt notice how dry my skin was until i put foundation on and it just magnified the dryness. I figured this product would help curb my oily skin and get rid of what pimples i have. All it gave me was red, dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by boombangel

I know this product doesnt work for alot of people, but it works for me. Forever I have had really really really oily skin with bad acne. I would wash my face in the morning and within two hours I would have oily skin again. Forever I was using different neutrogeana products and switching around alot. I used the rapid clear cleanser...then the acne stress control....clean pore (which works best to use as a mask) but then I tried this and ive only got about two pimples in about a week. Now, it does dry my skin out, but not to any extreme. Wearing an oil free moisturizer is a fair price to pay for acne free skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by deliazamir

HG all the way. this cleanser does not stop breakouts entirely (i have had 2 new zits since i started using this) but i tell you this is a huge improvement to before. my skin is now soft, smooth and with smaller pores. i have even stopped my nightly application of BP 2.5% after started using this. LOVE IT...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 5:47:00 AM More reviews by lclc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't cleanse at all. There was still a ton of gunk on my cotton ball when I used my toner afterward.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 1:15:00 AM More reviews by JadziaDAx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Terrible. This was one of a few cleansers available in travel sizes, which I desperately needed, so I bought it and used it for a week. My acne was slightly worse afterwards and my skin was DRY!!! And this is coming from a girl with a very oily face in the middle of hot, humid summer. Don't buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Monipalm

I used this product on the recommendation of the book Skintype Solutions, and for a minute my skin was glowing (and that's an unusual ocurrance to say the least!) Then I was tempted by the Oil Free Acne Stress Control products (foam wash, and facial scrub.) They smell delicious - but what a disaster for my skin!! I had terrible breakouts ALL over =(

Well, I finally realized my mistake and went back to this at night, and the Oil Free Acne Daily Scrub in the mornings. Back to almost glowing again, in a matter of days!! I won't make the same mistake again and I will be re-purchasing this product for SURE. I am sure it won't work for everyone, but since it was on the recommended list for my skintype, I know it's right for my skin (oily {combination - oily cheeks and forehead, dry around the eyes and mouth}, resistant, tight and pigmented, if you know the skintype model.)

Make sure you're using the right product for your skin and if you need/can tolerate salicylic acid, maybe this is the perfect product for you too!
ETA - I upgraded to 5 lipsticks. I am still using this, and my skin is still doing great. This stuff is GREAT for the right skintype. =)