April 19, 2014 | 886 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 1:15:00 AM More reviews by JadziaDAx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Terrible. This was one of a few cleansers available in travel sizes, which I desperately needed, so I bought it and used it for a week. My acne was slightly worse afterwards and my skin was DRY!!! And this is coming from a girl with a very oily face in the middle of hot, humid summer. Don't buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Monipalm

I used this product on the recommendation of the book Skintype Solutions, and for a minute my skin was glowing (and that's an unusual ocurrance to say the least!) Then I was tempted by the Oil Free Acne Stress Control products (foam wash, and facial scrub.) They smell delicious - but what a disaster for my skin!! I had terrible breakouts ALL over =(

Well, I finally realized my mistake and went back to this at night, and the Oil Free Acne Daily Scrub in the mornings. Back to almost glowing again, in a matter of days!! I won't make the same mistake again and I will be re-purchasing this product for SURE. I am sure it won't work for everyone, but since it was on the recommended list for my skintype, I know it's right for my skin (oily {combination - oily cheeks and forehead, dry around the eyes and mouth}, resistant, tight and pigmented, if you know the skintype model.)

Make sure you're using the right product for your skin and if you need/can tolerate salicylic acid, maybe this is the perfect product for you too!
ETA - I upgraded to 5 lipsticks. I am still using this, and my skin is still doing great. This stuff is GREAT for the right skintype. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by LiveWireTaiji

Just an okay product. While it didn't aggravate my acne, it certainly didn't do anything amazing. I prefer Cetaphil's Gentle Cleanser for Normal/Oily skin, over this. However, it did help my sister's skin out a lot, but then she started breaking out again a few months later.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by agnesuhhx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It somewhat got rid of my pores, not my acne though. I even got new acne becuase of this. It's not that bad though. It smells ok, and i feel so clean when i sue it. I would probably buy this product again, even though it's not the best. And what's good is because it doesn't dry out my skin, like every acne medication I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by KDM

I have combination skin and this helps keep my skin clear... I like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2007 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Neilp1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

smells good but doesnt nesseserly work if u have acne. i wouldnt buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by chelsea_lynne

I have combination/sensitive/acne-prone skin. This cleanser was okay. It didn't dry out my skin too much, but it also didn't seem to make my skin look better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2007 4:41:00 AM More reviews by theroxywave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another one of my staples during my secondary school days when I had breakouts. The packaging sucks cos it leaks easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie22890

This is a pretty good cleanser. I have combination skin with very oily skin on the T-zone and normal skin on the cheeks. It does dry my skin out a bit, but once I apply moisturizer, my skin is back to normal. It hasn't rid of all my acne, but if I stop using it for a while, my skin breaks out like crazy. I used to faithfully use it both night and morning, but I've found that it works better for me if I just use it at night. I like the gel texture, but I'm not crazy about the smell or the color. It feels good on my skin and makes it smoother, although I wish I didn't have to add water to the gel and then lather, which I find quite tedious. I have and will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by SeaHorsiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, I used to be a huge fan of this, but then I started getting some dry patches on my chin. So I decided to do some research and according to Paula Begoun, "sodium C14-16 olefin sulfate" (which is a key ingredient in the product) is too irritating for all skin types. I think I'm gonna try a much more gentle cleanser.

p.s. Skin type: combination, acne prone skin, dryer cheeks.