September 2, 2014 | 1267 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2007 5:26:00 AM More reviews by kaisolin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friends suggested this product to me a very long time ago; it was my first face wash product. It didn't do much to help my acne problem, but it did leave my face feeling clean, albeit a little dry. It also didn't smell very good. I currently use a similar-looking product that smells and feels better: Origins Never a Dull Moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by whoaitskristenn

I don't know why so many people don't like this product!
I have somewhat oily skin and I use this face wash every morning and it controls my oily t-zone very well! I still have to touch up, but my makeup doesn't control oil very well either.

If you have acne-prone or oily skin, this and St. Ives are the best face washes you can get! If you have sensitive or dry skin, don't even think about purchasing this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by xoxgoodbye

This product got rid of my zits, but it can be really really drying. Also, never bring this product with you if you are travelling, it leaks! It'll even leak if you put it on it's side, not right side up, at home. Bad packaging, can be drying but it gets rid of the zits.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by LilJello

I used this product before I started attending Aestheics classes. Works very well. Only reason not using it is learning about the class products and found some that also work well.

Does not leave a film over your skin like some do. Leaves skin feeling slightly taut (not overly) and clean feeling. I used the product every other to every third shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Sweet_Capri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I deleted my original review because I felt the need to rewrite it and bump it up.
I have been using this cleanser for over 5 years now and it's pretty much my HG. My husband has been hooked on this also, and when my son gets what appear to be "heat rashes" this clears him right up.
I have experimented with so many other cleansers in hopes to finding one that rightfully balances my skin by completely cleaning off makeup, oil and residue from my skin, reducing inflamation, exfoliating dead skin, and keeping my pores tight (a lot to ask, I know) and this does all of the above. The most noticeable thing this does is calm my skin down from terrible reactions to other cleansers and products. It's probably the salycilic acid in it, which has antiflammatory properties.
I no longer feel the need to shell out high amounts of money on cleansers that contain the same active ingredient, some even at a less percentage or hidden behind a list of other crap.
This has been a life saver for my skin and a staple in my household. Will continue to purchase. And by the way, my original review also gave this cleanser a 5.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

did nothing for my skin. of course, buying into the hype, i tried it 3 times before i decided i REALLY hated it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

Overall, very drying very!! at least for me. I'm combination. It left my skin dull and tight. Never again will i buy this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

This left my face tight, dry, and irritated. Did not help with breakouts. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by lotionbuff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not really enjoy this product. It did nothing for my break outs and did not help me to dry out my skin. I would definately not purchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2007 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Littlel07

Made my face worse! I think I am allergic to this brand!
UPDATE!!! So i continued to use this product instead of every morning and night to just at night while in the shower, but use it every other day. Has done a pretty good job at clearing my minor acne and helped with the left over acne scars. Face feels clean and slightly taut. I think this product is to harsh for both am and pm, and everyday use. After this bottle is done, i wll evalute its effectiveness and decide if i want to repurchase.