December 18, 2014 | 1803 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

I've struggled with skin issues from Lupus most of my life so I'd pay almost anything to get a product that helps the cause. I had high hopes for this "Sheer Glow" foundation since I've liked the quality of other Nars products. I found this difficult to blend as it dried very fast, covered poorly, and all it did was create breakouts in areas I never have any before. Very disappointed and won't shell out big bucks for this again. I've since discovered Maybelline "Instant Age Rewind" which is the best foundation I've ever used at any price ( plus- it's inexpensive!) .... and is impressing me more each day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by reidybee

This product doesn't do what it says on the tin for me. It does not go on completely matte, but it really doesn't glow either. It doesn't dry out the skin or cake, which is great, but we all want nars sheer glow to get that translucent glowy skin and it doesn't deliver on that I'm afraid! The good points are that the coverage is great and it glides on pretty easily on the skin. No streaks. However, the colour is a little orange. I have mixed race (white and black) skin and Barcelona was my closest match. But it definitely goes on a little orange which makes it really obvious that you have make up on. Not a natural look!

I will save this product for nighttime where the colour is not so obvious, but for during the day, I won't be going out with this stuff on my face as I prefer a natural make up look.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by oohwow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product - heck, I kept it around for five months in hopes of falling in love with it if I stuck with it for long enough! But it really wasn't working out for me. I bought Nars Sheer Glow during the winter months of last year, because I had relatively dry skin and I needed a foundation that would suit it. This foundation was not it. It ended up accentuating my pores, as well as my dry patches. It also just sat on top of my skin, and felt mask like (even when I used the littlest amount possible). I used SO many methods on applying this foundation: with my hands, with a sponge, with a damp sponge, with a regular foundation brush, with a stippling brush, etc.. Nothing worked, and it was also streaky on me (although that may have been b/c I didn't get the right color, I will never know...). Before buying this foundation, I spent 2 months yearning for it, and researching it. Honestly! To say it was a disappointment is an understatement, and especially since it was not a cheap foundation at all. Luckily I was able to return it, and got my money back. Overall, finding a "holy grail" foundation is going to be trial and error. No matter how many weeks you research about it online, it may still not be suitable for your skin just because. So I'm happy that I tried it, though I'm still on the hunt for the perfect foundation for me! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been on the hunt for my perfect fall/winter foundation for years now. I tried a sample of this almost a year ago and really liked it, but I convinced myself that there was a better foundation out there for me, so I continued my search. I tried pretty much everything from drugstore to high end, but there's nothing I love as much as this--so far. It's almost impossible for me to find a good color match in the winter as I'm a touch darker than NC20 (but not quite NC25) with olive-y/yellow undertones, but Ceylan is absolutely perfect. The formula of Sheer Glow is amazing for the colder months. It doesn't accentuate my drier spots and it can still hold up to the oiliness in my Tzone. And paired with my Smashbox this is my new HG fall/winter face routine. My usually dull skin looks radiant and so soft and natural, I can't get enough. The price is a little crazy at $42US and the packaging is terrible, but one bottle should last me through the winter and then I'll go back to my MUFE Mat Velvet when I start to get darker (and oilier). But love love love this for the winter and I'm so glad that I finally gave in and purchased it. But it does only get 4 lippies because unfortunately this foundation only lasts for about 5 or 6 hours on me. Fine for now since I'm a student and only in class (or going out) for a few hour at a time, but I couldn't wear this at a full-time job or at an all-day event. But other than that, it's lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by rdoshi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After searching for many years for a foundatioin I like, NARS foundation certainly does the job. It doesn't look caked at all and gives my skin a real glow. My only criticism is the packaging. The bottle gets dirty very easily and isn't portable. Other than that its fab!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by organicjunkiee

Love it ! It is best foundation I have used ever apart from pure light from Christian Dior. When I checked the ingredient list on cosmetic database(in build you report section) it had a very good rating(2) ,very happy about it cos I am very particular about not using highly chemicalised stuff on ma skin. And I prefer usin foundation without sun protection cause I anyways use Mac prep and prime SPF 50 during the day , ithis foundation is more suitable for dry skin....stays all day long doesn't contain alcohol and gives ur skin a lovely glow what more cud u ask for in a foundation?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by jeangirdler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have been using this foundation for a few years, and I rarely repurchase! I have medium/olive combination skin, and Barcelona works well for me. In winter I also blend it with Santa Fe.

The coverage is light but has great coverage. Skins look dewy and warm. I like the colour match with Bobbi Brown foundations, but didn't stay nearly as long as NARS or cover blemishes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by underage

I really don't see the obsession with this product. I got this for a discount and I would never purchase it at full price (I believe its $42? for this small bottle). I got the color Santa Fe and I'm usually NW20 or 25. I guess it has pretty good coverage and but it wears off very fast on me even with a primer. I don't see any "glow"..My face looks pretty matte and it feels dry. I was hoping it would be a somewhat moisturizing foundation but I was wrong. If you don't blend it enough it will look streaky and just sit on top of your face which doesn't look very natural. I honestly prefer my Revlon Colorstay over this foundation! I'm disappointed because I had heard many good things but I would not repurchase. I might even return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by pinkxbubbles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wear the shade Barcelona. I stipple it on with MAC's 187 and just love the look I get. It looks fresh natural and like real skin but better. I hate matte heavy foundation and my skin doesn't breakout with sheer glow. Sometimes I mix it with my moisturizer for a tinted moisturizer and it's really nice that way. It lasts all day and the shade just blends right into my golden tanned skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Swonder1

Oh, NARS sheer glow.. I absolutely love this foundation. It is the perfect color for my winter-pale skintone (Deauville-sp?) and the finish is perfect: not too dewy and not too matte. BUT, it breaks out my forehead. I can use it all over my face, but not on my forehead. I have never had oily, acne prone skin, but the last 6 months i have been braking out. I dont blame the foundation, my skin in just changing as I'm getting older (i'm 21..). The packaging is nice, but it doesnt have a pump (you can buy one though) and its quite heavy. So as long as I dont get this on my forehead this is the perfect foundation. If you have acne prone skin, i would skip it, but if your skin is resilient this is prefect! :)