November 27, 2014 | 1680 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by DanniiFaceCake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. I went to my NARS counter to pick up Deep Throat blusher and the lady gave me some samples. She matched me to the shade Fiji Lights.
I never really had an interest in this foundation, because I love medium to full coverage and I assumed this was very light so I just tossed the samples in my makeup bag. It was only when I discovered that one of the packets had burst, that I decided to try it on. I fell in love.
It matched my skin so well, as I had a bit of fake tan on, which I usually wear. It covers all of my redness really well and leaves a really nice finish. It's very buildable and I can wear it light or full.
The bottle is so pretty but I really wish it had a pump. I've been using it for a week and haven't gotten any breakouts so far. I will definitely repurchase if this keeps up.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Missruby17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really dont understand the positive feedbacks, I FINALLY got my NARS sheers glow foundation, & was so excited! after ive been procrastinating FOREVER. The coverage is horrible! it comes off within an hour! the coverage is alright, id give it a 7. I loved the shade, im Santa Fe and it matched my face perfectly with my neck! but as far as lasting its horrible.
Im never buying this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by kole9339

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the Mont Blanc color. The color match it pretty good with my cool, fair skin. It may be just a hair too dark, but nothing too noticeable. However, I think the color match may be the only pro to this foundation.

It has to be the worst foundation for me in terms of wear. It looks great for about an hour before it turns my face into a grease-slick. It also has a way of filling my pores on my cheeks and accentuating them 1000%. I've tried this with every primer I own, including Benefit's Porefessional and Too Faced Primed and Poreless, which both usually work so well for me. I've used every powder I can think of to set it with and still it looks terrible after an hour or so.

If you have larger pores and even a hint of oiliness to your skin, I do not suggest this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the absolute best every-day use foundation ever. Firstly, for an extremely fair-skinned girl like me, the shade Siberia is an absolute perfect match - no foundation I've ever tried has ever been so accurate. I use a mac 109 brush to apply it and it's a complete dream to blend; it's smooth and buffs beautifully into the skin. When examined up close in the mirror it looks so incredibly natural, not at all cakey or heavy, yet still manages to conceal my very minor cystic-acne scarring. Definitely provides a medium coverage - I don't understand how some people can say this is sheer. I'm not so sure whether I'd call this 'glowy' upon final application, but it's certainly not matte either - perhaps satin is a better word to describe it (it's nowhere near as shiny as pro lumiere though). I didn't bother to set it with powder because of this, but due to the natural oils in my skin coming through after a few hours I'll be sure to do so next time. I love the sleek packaging, I bought the pump to go with it so I can keep re-using that for all the many bottles I'll go through in the future. I was in such raptures over this that I actually squealed after I first finished putting it on... finally I've found my holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by evbenavides

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It matched perfect. But my problem was I have oily skin and it caused me to have break outs. Through mid-day I had to use blotting paper. So many people went out there way to tell me they loved my skin when I had it on. I have not been able to find another one like it. I might try it again this winter with a primer on first. To see if that makes a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by misseevie

This is the most fantastic foundation I have ever tried - and I have tried a LOT of foundations!

It just looks flawless on me:
- It's sheer but buildable, and not so pigmented that it looks cakey.
- It finishes velvety smooth but still glowing, not matte finish.
- It blends flawlessly and feels very light on - not greasy.
- My shade (santa fe) is an incredibly natural match, and has quite a lot of yellow in it, which matches my skin perfectly.

I'm tempted not to try any other foundations again after this - it's just so fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by naomi9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this from Sephora and it looked really lovely on my skin. I bought it in Barcelona. It really did make my skin glow. I tried to wear this foundation several times but each time, I almost immediately began breaking out! My skin is not acne prone. The last time I put it on, a zit popped out of my chin within the hour. Crazy. Will not repurchase. Too bad because it's hard to find a foundation that matched my skin that well and enhanced it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I was lemming after this for a long time, and I could not find it in Germany. When I was holidaying in Australia and saw this for 100AUD, I just grabbed it without thinking twice. I have combo skin, very oily T zone. Although the foundation applied very easy and felt comfortable, it is really not suitable for oily skin. My T zone was a shiny mess in no time, no enough 2 hrs, on a good cold winter day, 3 hrs tops. I have tried without primer, and with (I tried Lancome La Pro, ELF studio primer, Clarins Instant smooth perfecting touch, MAC Matte gel) it just last a slight tad longer. The coverage is less than medium, and after it slided off, I looked like I had a cold and been blowing/rubbing my nose for days...... Was sooo gutted becos I had paid so much for it too. Now when I use this foundation, I have to blot and powder my T zone constantly. lippie for the color match, 2nd lippie for not breaking me out, and easy blending. That's it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried both the matte and sheer, this review is for the sheer glow.

I really really wanted to love this, because of the hype and good reviews. I bought this on and off, then just return it after a few days, never finishing a single bottle. I believe I bought 5 times in a year, and returned every single purchase! Because I can't decide if it's a keeper or not. In the end, I chose not to buy it again. What's the point? It took me a while to wake up.

It depends on how this will work on different skin type. But this doesn't work on my skin.

Pros:
+ feels light
+ easy to apply and blend
+ great color match (the only perfect color match for me among other foundations I tried)
+ doesn't sit on top of my skin, it looks natural

Cons:
- for the price, they should include at least a pump
- broke me out every single time
- my face looks dewy then to a grease ball even with powder on top
- transfer on clothes
- can be very sheer sometimes it feels like wearing tinted moisturizer, if put on too much to build it to cover more, I feel it heavy on my skin and caked on.
- So for me, it is not buildable coverage, it is to even skin tone

I have sometimes oily, sometimes dry skin - depending on what season. I got the same results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, I think it has made my skin tone more even than before I used it. Now, I don't even need to wear any concealer. It covers well and you only need to use a little dab for your face. I usually just apply it with my fingers onto the middle area of my face to even out any redness. The only thing that I don't love is the packaging of it. The cap does not close very tightly so sometimes when I shake the product before opening, a lot of it may end up getting onto the mouth of the bottle. However, it is not a big deal and I am very pleased with this purchase. I would buy it again!