Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 3/21/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I wanted to like this more, but I just didn't. I was looking for something to soften my color damaged, frizzy, long hair. I had a color correction done for some bad brown/red I had added that took me back to blonde and I need something to add condition, softness and bounce back. Although this helped me comb through it, it did not eliminate the frizz, which is what I wanted most of all. I didn't hate the Moroccan Oil, I was just hoping for that clean, soft, bounciness that I didn't get. I would not recommend this as a defrizzer.
BTW a big thumbs down on the bottle - the smaller size I got came in a glass bottle with a screw top - just an accident waiting to happen. For the product price, they should have a pump dispenser or some better way to use it more readily.
Redken Smooth Down and/or Outshine seem to do the best at this so far. My stylist said Bed Head's "Spoil Me" is great for frizz, so that's on my list to try. I'm going to try Joico K-pak liquid reconstructor spray to add some protein and keratin to my hair. I'm using Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator conditioner now and I really, really like it.

on 3/20/2010 10:49:00 PM

Great product. I have very curly dry coarse thick hair. I straighten 1-2 times a week and wear it straight for about 4 days in a row before having to wash again. I used some Moroccan oil and mixed it with my Kerastase oleo-relax intense masque when deep conditioning. The Moroccan oil absorbs very easily into hair and I think it helps my deep conditioner absorb as well. After I rinsed the masque/oil combo out I used another dab of moroccan oil into my hair before flat ironing. With the moroccan oil my hair was shinier, softer, and I only had to go over each section once with the flatiron. The ends of my hair, after just one use, are SO much more moisturized. Definitely going to buy this product again and plan to try their intense hydrating mask.

on 3/20/2010 2:40:00 PM

THE BEST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED ON MY HAIR. PERIOD.

and they don't test on animals! a definite plus!

on 3/19/2010 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is my fav hair product of all time!!! I use the oil,conditioner, mask and shine spray. All great products. I didnt mark it very expensive bc I am fortunate enough to shop Industry Source (wholesale price) which is 10$ a bottle. But this product has completely transformed my hair. It makes my hair beautiful shiny and soft and I love the smell. All my friends use it and they all love it with all diff. hair types. This should just be in every girls bathroom no question.

on 3/19/2010 10:16:00 PM

I'm really impressed by this product. I have fine, curly, colour-treated hair which has always been dry and got even drier abd frizzier when i started colouring it regularly (alas,grey is slowly taking over the brown these days).I've tried lots of anti-frizz& dryness products both cheap and expensive ones and by far, only this one is doing what it's supposed to do-moisturize and de-frizz without leaving any greasy residude.
As everyone else mentioned,the packaging could be better and the price is quite high, but Moroccanoil works and i think is worth trying.
Update: I've noticed that it though my hair looks nice when i use it, this oil has dried it out and my scalp became itchy,i will probably stop using it.....

on 3/18/2010 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product. My hairdresser got me onto this stuff after using it to style my hair. The smell is like a jasmine/vanilla musk and it is subtle enough that you won't annoy everyone you walk by from the scent of your hair. I find it's best to use literally almost a dime size of this stuff for my hair after a shower (short around my chin), make sure it's all over my hair, and blowdry it until it's nice and dry. For us fine haired ladies, it will not provide volume, but it will make your hair look sleek and shiny. I also flat-iron my hair after the blowdrying so everything is smooth and I don't have some random fly-aways. The price is quite high, but a little goes a long way. Try a sample if you're unsure, then decide if it's worth the splurge.

on 3/14/2010 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

OK, so I thought it was a major "hair moment" for me when I realized that I liked Chi Silk Infusion better for my hair than I liked Biosilk, but trying Moroccanoil for the first time was truly one of those "aha" hair moments for me. This stuff is just amazingly good. I use it on my wet hair before blow drying, and my hair ends up looking super smooth and shiny. People have commented on my hair more than once after using this.
Just an FYI, my hairdresser mentioned that if you have blonde hair, this may stain it - I can't vouch for it myself since my hair is dark, but just something to consider!

on 3/8/2010 7:42:00 PM

IF you have baby-fine hair, and I'm talking here about hair similar to a toddler (only much more of it)...then this review is for you and this product is NOT. I do not doubt for a minute, that you lucky girls with real, grown-up hair, love this slick and perfume-y potion; however, if you are like me and need something to transform your fluff into real hair, this is n-o-t the magic potion for you. (The packaging is lovely, but difficult to pour out the teensy-bit that is necessary, maybe an eye dropper would be more appropriate to dispense). The search goes on...

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Operative word - LOVE. This product has taken my hair and transformed it. My stylist used to comment that my ends were always dry - I blow dry and occassionally flatiron my shoulder length hair. So by the time 6 weeks rollsed around, my ends were toasty and my hair had no shine. Now nothing will totally correct split or dry ends, except a good haircut. So I went in, got the cut and then started using Moroccanoil.

By the time my trim rolled around, my stylist asked me if I stopped blowdrying and ironing my hair because it was still so soft on the ends. No dryness, no flat color. Yahoo!

I use it every day and a little goes a long way. I pour it into a smaller plastic bottle so if it spills I dont lose my investment, $39 is not cheap hair treatment, but it is WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! Try it, you wont be sorry you did.

on 3/7/2010 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Smell - Amazing! The way it makes my hair feel - Amazing!! I went to get my hair cut at the salon the other day and my stylist commented on how dry my ends were. :( She suggested I try Moroccan Oil and if I didn't like it, I could return it... She said she's sold it to many other clients and none have returned it, so I gave it a try. It's pretty expensive, but it seems like it will last awhile. I have a short a-line cut, so I don't need much at all. My stylist told me to put it on damp hair before I blow dry and use my flat iron... And afterward, I have super soft hair! My ends look so healthy and it makes my hair smell soooo yummy. I haven't had any problems with it weighing down my hair and I have super fine hair that gets weighed down with just about anything... I really cannot stop touching my hair. It feels amazing. I definitely recommend this product.

Popular Hair Products