August 1, 2014 | 1236 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by KatGib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is absolutely fantastic. I've always had problems with dry, frizzy hair, but this stuff tames it flawlessly. I hardly need to do any work to my hair anymore. Remember that a little goes a long way with this product; if you apply too much it'll leave your hair a little heavy. Although it's a little bit pricey, because you don't need to use much it will last for a while. I love the smell, the way it makes my hair feel and look, and the compliments I've gotten thanks to Moroccan Oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by elpee46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm newly transitioning from relaxed to natural hair and needed to find something that would address the dryness issue. This really does the trick. It makes your hair shine without feeling greasy or sticky. It's got a very pleasant exotic smell, almost like a musk oil, that isn't too strong. If it weren't so expensive, I would use it as a body oil, but for my hair, it's perfect. It's in a glass bottle unfortunately so it can get a little slippery. You'll want to be very careful with this so you don't drop it, but other than that, it's all positive from me for Moroccan Oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Awesome stuff!!! I use a pea size amount and work it through damp hair before adding Bumble & Bumble Straight for a blowout, or before a curl cream to let air dry. I even apply it to dry hair to smooth my color-treated frizz-prone ends. It does wonders that way!!! My hair looks more polished since I have been using this. I love the way it feels texture wise, it's not greasy at all. And I love the way it absorbs so fast, & the way it smells. As far as the price, shop around!! And don't feel too bad about it, the bottle will last at least 8 months. Try it!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

No no no. I have tried several versions of Argan oil (the golden ingredient), and this is just too thick. I have thick hair, and it is far too thick of a formula to glide through my hair. I didn't see any change or improvement, but with the Sally Hansen version I saw great results. They both have the same ingredients, only it manages to glide and add amazing shine. Sometimes more $$$ isn't always worth it. The packaging is not good either. It's the same with the SH version, but I can appreciate it so much more because it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by junglette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE ... did I say LOVE?? Yes, this product is the best serum that I think I have ever used.

I put this throughout my hair after I rinse out my conditioner. I use ALOT and I never have greasy hair. I have only air-dried with this (chemically relaxed but 6 months post relaxer) but plan on blow drying with it at some point.

My hair -- new growth and relaxed -- feels sooo soft and silky after it has completely dried. Also, it seems to feel better and better each day thereafter. Usually, my hair feels a bit dry by the time I wash it which is usually 3-7 days (I try to wash every Sunday and Wednesday) but, with this, it still feels good and not dry at all.

The smell is gorgeous and it stays in until I wash my hair which doesn't happen with most hair products. The think I like this much better than the Chi Silk Infusion.

Also, I don't seem to see any breakage which is very uncommon. I have only been using this for the past month and will give another update after I have used it for a few months straight.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff gets an extra star because it smells delicious. Otherwise, it does NOTHING for my hair.

My hair isn't particularly damaged, but IS extremely dry/frizzy if not professionally blown out. It's long, just past my bra strap, and I apply about a quarter's worth to the bottom half. It absorbs very well, but does nothing to combat the dryness and frizz. Looks exactly the same as if I'd applied nothing.

I get that it is probably a symptom of my hair, but it's meant for frizz, right? So, my review reflects that.

Still looking for the best leave-in treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by marzipans

Works great on my thick hair if I apply it to wet hair before putting my mousse in and styling it. If you have thick hair, oily hair, or are unsure how to apply it, try putting a tiny bit in your palm and rubbing it over a fine tooth comb until it's pretty even, and then comb it through your hair avoiding the scalp. Helps reduce the greasyness it can leave, and still makes hair shiny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by maureen2

I got this product for free, thank goodness b/c I hate it. It's greasy and weighs down your hair and it smells awful! I have longer hair that's fine so I used a dime sized amount on my ends and it was too much. So I tried it again using less and it was still too greasy feeling. I recommend Fekkai Technician Top Coat serum.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have been using this about 2 months now, I am not 100% sure how I feel about it because I changed all of my hair products at one time (which in hindsight was likely a mistake since now I have no idea what is working and what is filler but I really had to make a change). My hair was dry, brittle and breaking, it's naturally very course and curly with tons of frizz. I use this product every time I wash my hair (about every 3 days), I separate my damp hair into halves and then apply a very small (dime to nickel sized) amount of product to each side of my long hair (almost reaches the small of my back). I apply a little extra to one particularly damaged area of my hair and it seems to be helping a lot. The bottle will likely last me over a year. My hair is much softer, not breaking as much and it stopped falling out (yeah it was falling out, I had a bald spot). I am not using as many hair products now and I can blow dry my hair without it turning into a giant puff ball. I do think a lot of the good changes in my hair are due to this product, in case anyone is wondering what the other things I am using are: Lush Rehab shampoo, Retread Conditioner, Chi Silk Infusion (back and ends not roots), and sometimes some S Factor smoothing lusterizer or Tigi After party to tame the frizzies and add some shine.
Would repurchase this product, even though it's way to expensive.

Edit - I switched out my shampoo/conditioner but continued using the Moroccan oil and I lost all the softness. So based on that I have to say that it likely was not the Moroccan oil that was improving my hair but the Lush shampoo and conditioner. I also recently tried One and Only brand argan oil from Sally's and I am getting the same results as with this product. I do like Morrocan oil I think it's great for adding shine, controlling frizz and it seem to help with heat protection but I do not think it's any better than other product I have tried such as Chi silk infusion, the argan oil I mentioned or Cherry bomb. I am still leaving it at a 4 because I would rate all the products I listed a 4 as well. And I would repurchase if it was on sale lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by LuckyTiger44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thick, coarse, silver, dry hair here. Moroccanoil works. I use about a dime size tho for my hair, which is down past my bra strap. I use it primarily on the front of my hair and the very back, because if I use it on the ponytail part my hair straightens out which I don't want. I like it fluffy and full, so I leave the ponytail without the Moroccanoil. This is good stuff, tho.