CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 6/2/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This left my skin looking decent enough, but it did clog my pores and cause blackheads. I stopped using it after a week.

on 5/27/2014 7:02:00 PM

I was recommended this product for my dry skin but I did not like it at all. I did oil cleansing to remove my makeup and followed up with the cleanser and it did not remove the traces of makeup. After a few uses, I stopped using it because I was starting to develop several acne spots on my skin. Might work for others but it did not work for me.

on 5/23/2014 11:10:00 AM

This was recommended to me by my dermatologist.. I was using it with my Clarisonic. I noticed that after I used it and went to dry my face that I still saw traces of makeup coming off on the towel... This happened a number of time so I am using it for cleansing in the shower. I did not experience any breakouts from this but switched back to Purity cleanser for better removal of my makeup.

on 5/23/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not very efficient at removing everything and leaves a wierd film on my skin and sink. It doesn't strip my skin like other cleansers, but it won't replace my philosophy purity by any means.

Update: its officially been thrown away at 85% full.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

OH HELL NO> this thing ruined my face after only 3 uses. WTF, I have never broke out like this AND i'm acne prone. I'm pretty pissed considering this is marketed as non-comedogenic. I know you can't always trust labels but I'm getting painful pimples at the sides of my mouth, jaw and forehead! This are not my regular acne prone areas :(
Not cute.

I should have checked with MUA before using this… now I have to go to my bday party with this hot mess happening *facepalm* . pass the coverup and a drink.

on 4/27/2014 5:34:00 PM

This product sucks. I have very dry skin and nothing ever breaks me out but this did, I'm positive. Maybe I'm just allergic to something in it, but either way, it was awful for me.

This face wash did nothing for me! did not hydrate, did not moisturize, did not clean and did not balance! i have no idea why it was made!!!!

EDIT: I initially did not like this cleanser and wrote a really bad review for it. I did not give this amazing product a chance, I stored it all the way behind my cabinet along with all the other useless products. Recently I decided to do a little cleaning and get rid of products I don't use and I ran into this cleanser again. I decided to give it another try and I'm glad I did. This product works!! It should not be your only main product. I first use either my dhc oil cleanser or my merle Norman cream cleanser to remove makeup and dirt and I allow this cleanser to work it's magic on my clean skin. I've been using it for a week and notice a great difference in my skin.

on 4/23/2014 7:21:00 PM

This cleanser is pretty great, except for just a few drawbacks.

But I do like the fact that this cleanser doesn't have a ton of ingredients, and that it's simple and gentle. That way I can incorporate more products into my skin care routine that is designed for a certain purpose (anti-aging).

Also, When I had a time when my rosacea around my cheeks flared up. This product did a good job in not exacerbating that problem.

Pros: doesn't break me out. helps calm down red/sensitive skin. small ingredient list. glides on skin gently. the fragrance didn't bother me since it's pretty neutral, but it may smell faintly like plastic. doesn't dry out my skin or give me that tight feeling after washing.

Cons: doesn't give you that clean feeling. burns slightly on sensitive parts/dry parts of my face. doesn't foam up, is a gel consistency throughout. doesn't seem to be perfect in preventing breakouts, but i don't get many new breakouts from this product.

Lasts: about 1-2 months for everyday morning and night use. Paid around $11.

on 4/20/2014 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product is awesome! :) I just finished accutane, and i use this to wash my face and it is gentle and simply wonderful for ma sensitive skin.

on 4/17/2014 1:04:00 AM

I have been using cetaphil cleanser after my oil cleanser because I wear sun screen and I just don't feel like cetaphil gets rid of sunscreen but who knows since you can't really see left over sun screen. Since cetaphil wasn't doing much for me I decided to give cerave a try... while I was massaging my face with it I had a burning sensation. It wasn't red or anything but it did burn. Very moiaturizing...Have high hopes for this cleanser and will update!

***update!!! I really wanted for this cleanser to work but it gave me a rash on my temples. However I thinl that people with normal skin would really benefit from this cleanser. On the places that did noy get a rash it was hydrated and smooth. It is a great cleanser but unfortunately I have super sensitive skin so... well on another quest to find that perfect cleanser that won't break me out!!