Avon SuperShock Mascara

3.7

on 11/16/2011 4:43:00 PM

Such a disappointing mascara, probably the worst I have ever used. I'm not typically a huge fan of the plastic bristle mascara wands, and this case was no different. The wand seems like it has hardly any product on it, and it takes forever to get any build up of color on my lashes. I could accept this from a mascara claiming to give a more "natural" look, but for one claiming to make your lashes big and bold, it's a huge failure for me.

on 11/4/2011 5:01:00 PM

This mascara bored me. It was almost as if I had not applied a thing! Did not keep a curl & make my lashes look, well like I had done nothing to them! Brush is fat which I normally do not dig at all, but could have if the actual formula had been worthwhile. It appears I prefer waterproof scaras as they tend to keep curl better so maybe I will try the WP formula with better results.

on 10/11/2011 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This mascara it's my all time favorite! I just keep buying it. I think I've bought more than 5 tubes in the past two years. It makes your lashes look longer and also gives volum. I really recommend it!!

on 10/1/2011 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used, and I've used many different ones. I generally don't have a problem with mascara, either, except for Maybelline's Great Lash and now this. It's the brush that does absolutely nothing for me, it's too big as another reviewer has noted. I'm currently applying it with a Cover Girl Professional applicator right now because the one it comes with doesn't seem to pick up very much. It doesn't lengthen at all and barely thickens. Applied with CG's applicator, it's fantastic. Definitely won't be re-purchasing, it was about $8 CDN.

on 10/1/2011 4:12:00 AM

i have gone through tubes of this mascara. and currently another 2 is coming my way. this mascara makes my lashes fuller and longer, often mistaken as false lashes.

for the price u really cant beat it. has a rather wet formula which is generally better for people with thicker lashes, that way the mascara will just glide through the lashes while coating them, whilst not clumping them. one thing to note though if you wear mascara daily, it does dry out fast - around 1.5 to 2 months - with that said it doesnt really matter since its cheap and its a mascara anyway which means you have to replace it often.

where i live we only have the waterproof one and i have to say, unlike my other favorite, the covergirl lashblast - avon supershock mascara is very easy to remove. and my lashes do not feel brittle as soon as the mascara dries. they still have movement to them.

overall i will really recommend this mascara to people with already good lashes to begin with. i think people with sparse lashes will find this mascara not doing anything spectacular to their lashes.

on 9/21/2011 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I was given this as a present so not sure how expensive/inexpensive it is but I found it was okay, nothing too special but not bad either. It gave me good lengthening not a great deal of thickening, and it does last all day. For an all round mascara though it isn't bad, and if its cheap I would probably recommend it to others.

on 9/14/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

love this mascara. I got small eyes and very little eye lashes so I look like I have no lashes at times. This makes my eyes brighter and more intense and it makes my eye lashes look beon fuller then what they are

on 8/30/2011 9:53:00 AM

This is my favourite mascara, its just so perfect and it lasts all day :)

on 7/30/2011 3:08:00 PM

I was given this mascara to try, so can't comment on the price. Firstly, I normally only wear waterproof mascara and so the first issue I had was the smudging. I live in a humid climate and so any mascara except waterproof smudges within a short time. This was no exception and left my undereye area looking dark just a couple of hours after application. The brush is awful, way too large, and I managed to get the product all over my eyelids while applying. I will continue to use it but won't buy it again.

on 7/29/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

ETA - so I've been using this product for about a week and my opinion has changed...I've noticed that it takes HOURS for the formula to dry completely, if it dries at all. God forbid my lashes stick together because it's almost impossible to get separate them. What a bummer. Oh well, back to One by One!