September 2, 2014 | 1246 users online

Powders - Smashbox - Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by michelleannmarie

Ok I really wanted this to work but it failed. I bought this to set my foundation and when putting it on at first it looked awesome but after wearing it not even 2 hours my skin looked so oily. I have combo skin and this did not work for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

"Hydrating Powder", uh, ok Smashbox, whatever you say.
I was suckered into buying this at a makeover event at Ulta. I actually quite liked the packaging and the little "shaving" gizmo inside. I was told it is a mineral powder and that appealed to me to. It does not offer mineral like coverage at all. At the time of purchase my skin was quite dry but I never felt like this was hydrating. My skin is much more oily now than dry nowadays and recently tried this again and it's still fairly useless.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Stephmua93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I hate this powder! Hate it hate it!
It says its hydrating but I feel tight when wearing it. It covers nothing for me, doesn't last long and I hate the packaging.. Too big and it's hard to tell when you're out of product! The color range is awful, and although my customer would always ask about it, I would suggest something else. It's way too expensive for what you get! 72$ CDN where guerlain meteorites compact is only 65$ ... This powder is a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nothing special. This powder provides zero coverage and does not impart a subtle luminosity as stated on the packaging. I like Estee Lauder Doublewear Mineral Rich loose powder to this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had received a sample of this product, and didn't think much of it at first until my sister asked me what I was using on my skin because it looked amazing. I prefer this over all of my other powders because it sets my foundation without making me look like a corpse.

Mineral products tend to make me break out (I can't use BE or MAC MSFs) so I'm glad I didn't realize this was a mineral product until I looked it up to buy it - I wouldn't have tried it if I had known.

This product does take a light hand and blending, but I find the finish to be amazing, and it gives a subtle glow. I haven't quite finished my first one, but I'm going to restock now because I have coupons for both Sephora and Ulta.

Edit: I am now on my 3rd Halo Powder. The formula is amazing, the packaging is terrible. This is the 3rd one in a row where the clasp mechanism has broken and I have to poke my tweezers into it to get it to shut again. I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this issue but it's pretty annoying.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by preslejen

Lately I have been trying to replace all of my skincare products (two months ago I started getting cystic acne, and I can't figure out what is to blame). I bought this powder on a whim on ebay, I got the to go size, which was 7 grams and only fifteen dollars. Per gram this is actually much cheaper than bare minerals. Also the shaver is ingenious!

But the good qualities pretty much stop here. Every time I use this I feel like there is something wrong with the finish. It is chalky, and settles into all of my lines and pores. Also, I wore this on a humid day and after a few short hours it looked horrible and blotchy. I sat in my car for 15 minutes trying to make my face slightly presentable. For me there is almost nothing worse than being hours from home, about to see people and realize that your face looks ridiculous.

I HATE wasting money, so I'm probably going to use this on days when I'm only going to be out for a couple of hours.

If you are on the fence I would suggest saving your money. However, if you do really want to try this you should buy the to go size. I would have been much more upset if I had wasted more than just the 15 dollars.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like a lot of people I am sitting on the fence with this one. While the powder is just average and nothing special, I do like the packaging and how you shave off fresh powder every time you use itÖ Prevents wastage and by golly at $96 NZD you do not want this wasted.
I am NC20-25 and I use light, it is a perfect colour match. I use it over my Dior skin sculpt liquid foundation and this gets rid of oiliness for about 3hours before you need to re powder. When you re powder I find it can look quite cakey, however. In photos it looks amazing on, but I canít justify spending almost $100 on a powder when I know I could find a cheaper, if not better substitute. I tried using it on its own but it does not provide even medium coverage for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Vibrant77

I bought a Smashbox kit which included the trial size powder. I didnt love the HD foundation nor the concealer, but I LOVE the powder. My skin is combination, oily tzone, visible pores at times. For this skin type, this powder does wonders to give you an even matte finish that diminishes pores and gets rid of shine. It feels light on the skin and it does last for hours without having to touch up.

Granted, every person is different, but those on the fence about buying should base your buying decision on the overall majority who love this product. I bought mine on Amazon for $28 which is about 55% off of Sephora's price. You'll get a large shaver compact that will last a very long time. The investment is worth it, so Go for it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't even know where to begin. NO. JUST NO. I have fairly sensitive skin, but I have never had a bad reaction to a foundation, and I've tried plenty. OMFG this stuff broke me out in huge cysts all over my face. I looked like a monster. I had to get professional help for my skin to ensure that they would not leave scarring. I understand that this doesn't happen to everyone, but I advise that if you have even a slight reaction to this product to stop using it. I made the mistake of continue using this product because I wanted to like it SO badly. Anyways this is just my story. Everyone reacts differently to makeup. Returned it and got my money back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Count me amongst those who aren't overly impressed with this powder. I bought a "to-go" size of it on ebay for a very good deal. I'm glad I did that, rather than shell out the massive amount of money to get a full-size. I bought this to use over foundation, not on its own. Turns out I prefer my Hard Candy Welcome Matte and e.l.f. HD powder over this. It doesn't really give me the soft, glowy look I was hoping for. The aforementioned powders do a much better job of that. It also just seems to make my face look a little dry (which is weird) and not smooth. And it doesn't last very long. I have to touch-up a lot more with this. I'm going to give it a try on it's own as a foundation, but I doubt I'd use it for that very often because I really prefer liquid foundations. On the plus side, the shade Fair actually matches my ultra pale skin. And I do really love the packaging and the whole shaving-to-dispense concept. Unless you use lots of product and go through it really fast, I would highly recommend buying the to-go sizes. I paid $14.99 for mine, and it has enough product (.25oz) in it to last a while, plus it's a smaller container and saves space. Even if I had ended up loving this product, I would still only buy the smaller size. I would feel way too guilty spending $60 on a powder unless I was using it as a foundation and it worked amazingly well for me.