August 27, 2014 | 1957 users online

Conditioner - Nioxin - Scalp Therapy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 11:34:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

DH loves this. Some time ago, when he was sure stress was causing his hair to fall out, we began to notice more and more hair on the pillow by morning. A woman at my salon happened to be a representative for Nioxin, and I took a bottle of the shampoo and scalp therapy home. My husband has not used another shampoo and conditioner since. He loves the minty scent (not too girly, he says) and the combination of the products actually works. Recently his hairdresser commented on how thick his hair felt. Good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2006 11:22:00 PM More reviews by crescent_moon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in an introductory kit at Ulta.The hair at both my temples is
gradually falling out and the hairline is receding a bit.This conditioner says it is for fine,thinning hair.I did not like it.It coats my hair shaft and weighs it down.I need something to help fluff up what I have, not flatten it
even more!Before noon my hair would be coating down at the roots!I was hoping to find something to at least improve the appearance of my hairline w/o having to consider Rogaine or something similiar.This isn't it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2006 8:09:00 AM More reviews by hazel1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells very fresh and minty and makes ones scalp tingle. Apart from this, does not provide enough moisture for my lightened blonde hair. Does smell good though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 10:48:00 AM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Although I have color and highlights, I find the conditioner for colored hair to be too heavy for me so I use the conditioner for normal hair but love this product! I have used it for years and am sorry any time that I switch. My only complaint is that sometimes the bottle opening gets jammed and I have to take something like a toothpick and get out the clog.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just started using this which is why I did not give it 5 lippies just yet. I have an incredible amount of thinning at my hairline and I was recommended this by like 5 people in the salon where I work. It reminds me of Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Line, only not as strong. I can feel it tingling when my hair hits my back after I rinse it out and the condtioner and shampoo both clean and moisterize my hair well. But it is too soon to tell if this will make my hair thicke up again, so only time will tell. (UPDATE...3 WEEKS LATER); It works! My hair is growing back! It feels like this cushion of thickness at the base of my hair and the girl who noticed my thinness even commented that my hair is a LOT thicker. I have mainly just been using the follicle booster and the scalp therapy foam and not even the shampoo but I assume together they all do a great job.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A good Conditioner.
Update:had to stop using the nioxin line, its too harsh in the extreme cold dry winter.
Maybe i will restart in the summer
Bought it online

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2005 10:57:00 AM More reviews by an9979

I used this with the Nioxin Hair Cleanser because my hair stylist recommended it for my dry, flaky scalp. This immediately soothes the scalp, it tingles and feels refreshing. I even noticed hair growing in along my hairline--a bonus I wasn't even seeking! No more flakiness, and it does not weigh down my fine hair like other conditioners. I can even use it directly on my scalp!
Also, these Nioxin products DO NOT build up in your hair like other products I've tried such as TIGI, Biolage, Wella etc. The best!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by poprocks86

I really liked the shampoo and conditioner for the Actives line. I've tried many different shampoos and conditioners: Rusk, Tigi, Dove, Got2be, Pantene, and my least favorite, Herbal Essences. The shampoo lathered nicely and it thoroughly cleansed my hair with no heaviness nor leaving any residue. My hair is fairly healthy, so I can't really say if it helped with damage, oiliness, or dyness, but I do have really thin hair. When I tie my hair up, many of my hairs fall out when I let it down later. When I use conditioner, my hair falls out even more regardless if it was up or down that day. I didn't see that happen as much after using Actives Cleanser and Scalp Therapy. There was actually significantly less hair falling out. My brother, who has very rough, not shiny hair, used this duo, and just after one washing, his hair, to my surprise, actually looked healthier. It was softer and shinier. The white tea antioxidant (I believe it is the most potent antioxidant out of the teas) is an added bonus. I thought it was reasonably priced. I got both the shampoo and conditioner for $45 including shipping and handling on eBay for the HUGE 33.8 oz bottles. I thought it was a very good bargain, though I wish that it had come with a pump instead. I would recommend this to anyone with fine hair, especially for those who lose hair often. I would totally repurchase this in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2005 4:47:00 PM More reviews by llanochka

I like most of the Nioxin products (I use Protective Cleanser, Structure & Strength, Moisture & Strength, Smoothly defined, Bliss) but I am not so happy about Scalp therapy. I can tolerate the smell (even though it's not the best smell ever), and the tigling sensation is nice but my hair gets sooo greasy at the end of the day (I usually wash my hair every other day, but when I use Scalp therapy I have to wash it twice a day). I still bought the second bottle of it, because it was on sale with cleanser but I don't think I will buy it one more time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2005 2:08:00 PM More reviews by stickman

This is an excellent conditioner but does nothing for hair growth as it claims. How could it possibly? That's all hormone related. This was a life saver for me during a time when a hairdresser botched a dye/highlight job and my already thinning hair was breaking off at the root. This really prevented alot of fallout. I would buy again for sure.