Revlon Custom Creations Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

I bought this because i thougth it was fool proof, how can you go wrong with all of these colors in one? surely one had to match my skin tone. However after trying each color individually and mix & matching i wasnt satisfied with the end result. Left my skin looking dull and foundation felt like i was wearing a mask, even though i was applying very little and made my skin feel dry.

on 8/13/2009 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

So I just got this today in light-medium. I'm mixed, black and white, and I have a tan, and it's my color, so I'd beware of the coloring of this if I was white; it's pretty dark. Anyhoo, I like it a lot. I used shades 4 and 5, and it matched my super yellow skin pretty well. I buffed it on using my ecotools brush (not sure what it's called. It's not a foundation brush or a super fluffy brush, but kind an in between mix?). I didn't use any concealer or powder so I could see how it'd hold up after seven hours (a school day), and it's held up pretty well. My acne scars (and there are loads of them) are covered, with only a couple major ones peeking out, and those would be normally covered with concealer anyone. It's comparable to colorstay, which I also have, except it's not as thick and doesn't smell bad. Overall, I'd say it has medium coverage, more heavy than light, and it's a good color match for the naturally tan/mixed girls with yellow/neutral undertones. I'll update if there are any changes.

on 8/2/2009 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this foundation almost everyday (for special occasions/longer days, I use my Smashbox foundation). I've been using it for the past 1.5 years and it's been pretty great. True, it's not as "great" as advertised, with the whole "custom creations" thing, but the concept is good. The shade also matches my skin pretty well.

One of my only complaints is that the shades between 1 and 5 are too drastic.. I end up only using the 4 & 5 shades, so the 1-3 shades go to waste (I've tried using them, but they make me look super pale). Also, it tends to come off.. or at least, the coverage fades after a while. It's also a bit pricey for what it is and the bottle doesn't last too long, but i stashed a couple since I don't think they sell these anymore...

However, overall, It's definitely one of the better drugstore foundations I've used.

on 7/29/2009 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this when Rite Aid finally put Revlon products on BOGO. I was really excited that maybe I finally found a foundation that would be light enough for my skin, and I did. Revlon really had an excellent idea going with this, especially for summer time. Since you can adjust the shade, you never have to worry about buying a new foundation when you get a tan, or lose a tan. Plus, it's easier to find the right shade. However, for someone like me (palest skin EVER.) I used fair/light on notch 1. It soon occored to me that I would end up using up all the fair color, and the dark shade would still be full. Therefore I've just paid $14.00 for .5oz of mediocore foundation. There is nothing special about this, except for the fact that you can adjust the shade.

on 7/16/2009 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

After reading the reviews here, I was curious about this product. I purchased the Fair/Light option. I had no problems getting the pump top to work. The foundation is actually housed in a plastic bottle containing 2 separate chambers with a light and a medium shade in each. There is a dial on the top that you select, numbered from 1 to 5 to select the color intensity that you want. I have fair, sensitive skin with slight yellow undertones and No. 3 on the Dial worked just fine. The foundation is is a creamy liquid texture and went on smoothly with my Ecotools Foundation Brush (purchased at Walgreen's). It blends smoothly and easily and the foundation evened out my skin tone and even covered a few minor red discolorations. The finish is a satin matte finish which I set with a light dusting of Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect Loose Powder. After about 6 hours, I could touch up with powder if I wanted to but the foundation is still intact and I can afford to wait to touch up. It hasn't changed color or oxidized on my face, nor does my face feel dry, tight or oily. My face feels smooth and just right. Since I was concerned that this foundation would feel dry later in the day, I used Good Skin Perfect Balance Lotion SPF 15 underneath the foundation and I think that it went on better because of this. I like this foundation and will continue to use it.

on 7/8/2009 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

this product is very good! It has a pretty matte middle coverage. Last all day and you can pick form 5 different shade. all match well...matters on if i tanned that day or not. My favorite foundation all around!

on 6/23/2009 2:48:00 AM

I bought this in summer because I was using fake tan and wanted my face to be able to darken/lighten in accordance with my neck colour. It was pricey (Australian $37) but I like the innovative design, creamy consistency and SPF factor.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i love this product its great when you tann afew days and take some off and loose some color or wanna be different shades on different days !! i did think 12 dollars was way too much for this though

on 5/23/2009 9:52:00 PM

I bought this foundation about 5 months ago. I use it 2-3 times a week. It has sunscreen to protect my skin from the sun but most important it doesn't break me out. This is a great product for someone who has sensitive skin with acne scars to hide.

on 5/8/2009 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i bought this foundation after my revlon colorstay foundation fell and cracked...(the reason why i hated the glass packaging)

it wasnt hard to find a shade since you can just click and get your custom foundation. I loved this product, but after a while it was hard to get the product out of the pump.

after a few uses, my face felt dry after applying this. it looked cakey. i really did like this in the beginning, but i wouldnt repurchase this.