July 26, 2014 | 1460 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by RunningWithThePugs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using the Elixer for several years but discovered that I like the Eau Premiere even more, if that's possible! This is more suitable for daily wear, as it is a bit lighter. It's also easier to apply -- a spray vs. a dab on. The smells are similar, but Premiere has a fizzyness to the top notes that just draws me in and a warm vanilla note that pops up later in the day. I think they've added the same sort of candyfloss ethyl maltol (sp?) that I loved in L'Artisan Mimosa Pour Moi.
I also love the original EDT but it's a much more traditional scent and a bit heavy for daytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely Perfume, makes me feel very sophisticated and lady like when I wear it, I don't wear a lot of perfume and most of my perfumes last me a long time, working in the medical field on a day to day basis I don't wear perfume but outside of work or studying I do. This makes me feel very special and lady like and I supposed that's one of the charms of being a women. :) I probably wouldn't need to rebuy in a long time because it last a little spritz is all you need.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Veritas709

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I get bored with perfumes very quickly. For a long time I was constantly looking for my signature scent without luck. I tend to drawn to light and and fresh smell so I never thought I would like Chanel fragrances...until Eau Premiere. I absolutely love this one. I've already used half of the bottle and that's very rare. I love how it's very subtle. I don't think people can smell me until I'm very close to them. Often at work, I would get a whiff of it and it's so lovely. I love the scent so much that I bought No. 5 lotion, powder, elixir body gel and soap, pretty much everything except the original No. 5 itself because I still can't wear it but I love its essence. Eau Premiere version to me lighter, fresher but still very elegant. I just wish that it lasts longer. On me, it lasts only for a couple of hours. Good thing I have the Travalo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by jenifa305

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When i origanally purchased this product i felt the scent reminded me of my grandmother ,but this is not a bad thing considering the fact that my grandmother is a very elegant classy lady.This fragrance makes you remience on coco chanel herself very classy lady and ,let us not forget MM one of the worlds fashion icon .After,my first purchase of this perfume i have been hooked ,it may be a tad bit strong but it is long lasting and has notes of jasmine mixe with talcm powder (on me) ;i say this because when i went to purchase it the lady in the counter told me all humans have different smells and the mix of your natural smell with any fragrance will never be the same as with someone else.With that taken into consideration i find this perfume to be ''amaze'' .I do think that with any perfume you should test it before purchase and find one suitable to your personality whether, it be funky, classy,girly or anything else for that matter . :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this scent! its more of a daytime scent whereas the classic no 5 i would wear to a more special occassion or maybe night-time scent. This is a lovely soft, pretty version of the classic no 5 that you can wear to work if you're a no5 fan and dont want to smell too overpowering. iT works well with any outfit, whether you're in pretty summer dress, an lbd or jeans and t-shirt. Its soft, pretty and feminine and it uplifts my spirit everytime I use it. The staying power isn't as good as the no5 edp though, but this I would definately repurchase - anytime, anyday. love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by bettyboop11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Dissapointed, not great fragrance to be a Chanel #5, smells as lemon with vanilla, i cannot feel any glamour here, i prefer the original in EDP or EDT.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No. 5 edt was one of my first 'proper' perfumes, and I liked it, but it was always a little soapy and...not quite enough on me. I've tried 2 samples of Eau Premiere and it is gorgeous - quite different but retaining a small element of No. 5 in its DNA, like a smaller, prettier cousin. However, to me there is a lot of crossover with Guerlain's Chamade, which is HG and has the additional green 'edge' that makes the sweet powderiness more unique. I can't warrant owning both, so I'll stick with Chamade - but Eau Premiere is beautifully done.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by bookwyrmsmith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS!!!! Eau Premiere is a lovely scent -a delicate fresh lemon over a creamy floral/aldyhyde blend of Rose de Mai,Jasmine ,and Ylang-Ylang .
Eau Premiere isn't a loud ,screetchy scent that assaults your nose ,it knows that a lady doesn't need to yell to be heard.It lasts for around six hours on me ,blending with the skin .Earning comments of "You smell nice/good " rather than "Nice perfume".
This is a scent for any age (in my opinion ) , a young girl could recieve this as her "good perfume " .My co-worker in her 20's likes it .I love it.My mother in her 50's wants some too.(Mother's Day is coming)
I believe this will always have a place in my collection-which is quite sizable .

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Violets4Me

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere for nearly 3 years now and find it to be as fresh and sparkling as the first time I smelled it. I apply it every morning with the Chanel No. 5 Velvet body cream (seems to sweeten the scent a bit) and it seems to go with just about anything - business attire for work, jeans and a tee shirt for weekends, or a night out for drinks and dinner - always fresh, always gets compliments, and always makes me feel good. I save Chanel No. 5 for special occasions only, and it layers beautifully over the Eau Premiere in a pinch. Love it. It will forever be my signature fragrance!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Pekica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like the smell of this parfume, but on me it has no staying power at all. I feel that it is gone 1 hour after I spray it and needs to be reapplied over and over again. Therefore, I will not purchase this again.