September 15, 2014 | 1847 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I have been using baby oil as a makeup remover since attending a slumber party as a teen. My friend pulled this out to remove all the eye makeup we'd been experimenting with. Every trace of mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow disappeared without a speck left over and my skin felt soft and smooth. What a revelation! I have been using it ever since. A 14oz bottle is about $3 and lasts me a year. I wear waterproof mascara, and have never found any remover that works as well or as quickly as baby oil. At night it has the added benefit of moisturizing around my eyes now that I am in my 40's. I don't use it as remover if I am planning on re-applying makeup within a couple of hours though as the residue can mess up my re-application. I keep oil free remover handy for those occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

when i put this oil on, it makes me feel so warm. and you dont need to take too much to spread it evenly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*) Shaving: scrub my legs, wash it out, pour baby oil and shave. So smooth. Better than using shaving foam. Scrubbing beforehand is a must.
*) Make up remover: wet your face / cotton pad with water, add the baby oil, wipe your eyes. I don't recommend using pure baby oil for this purpose coz it's not as good as mixing it with water.
*) Body oil: after shower but before towelling, rub the baby oil lightly.
*) Extreme body conditioning: use your normal body moisturizer, top it with baby oil to seal in the moisture.
*) Cuticle remover: use cotton pad to wipe it around your fingers. Start picking up the cuticle. I think the result isn't as good as using a proper cuticle remover, but it will do for emergency.
*) Body massage: goes without saying it feels better when you have someone to massage you. D'oh.
*) Brush cleanser: pour some baby oil into a piece of cloth, wipe your brushes around, follow up with your normal cleanser. I only do this after heavy duty use to deep cleanse my brushes.

I'm not fond of using baby oil to pre-cleanse my face, but in general oils and my face just don't mix. However, some people have reported wonderful results, so I thought I'd type it into my review.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said about baby oil. I don't use this on my face, but that's because I oil cleanse with EVOO with great results, so I'm not going to rock the boat. I use baby oil while I'm still in the shower before drying off. It's incredibly fast and easy to apply to wet skin. It takes me 30 seconds (literally) to apply. After I have applied this all over, I towel off. There is a slightly oily residue left on my skin, but that is quickly absorbed. After 15 minutes or so, my skin is not at all oily, just really soft and wonderfully, but subtly, scented. The scent isn't overpowering and doesn't interfere with any other fragrance that I sometimes wear. I don't have a need to use any other moisturizer on my body, except for maybe elbows and knees in the drier months. This is a very affordable, convenient, and gentle moisturizer. It's a staple in my skincare routine and out performs every expensive cream/lotion that I've ever tried. I wouldn't be without this. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

this is amazing as an all over body moisturizer after the shower. its also a great and affordable eye makeup remover! it removes any kind of eye makeup, waterproof or not, instantly. just make sure you rinse off properly. i squeeze a bit of baby oil onto a cotton bad and gently rub off any makeup is left on my eyes after cleansing, and its gone! definitley recommend! i wouldnt use this all over my face because its pure oil and i already have oily skin with acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by TreeHug10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

From makeup remover to soothing balm for a spanked ass, who would have thought it was such a versatile liquid....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

Oils in general have been a staple in my daily functioning life! That's not to say I would die without them, but it doesn't mean I can never go to bed without it!
I have being using Bio Oil for the last 2 years, every night before bed and every morning and night during winter. I hardly (except for baby lotion as hand cream) every use body lotion.
Bio Oil was getting a bit expensive considering I'm going through a large bottle every 10 weeks, baby oil on the upside was only $3.50AUD and I go though a bottle once every 4-5 weeks, it was huge relief for my wallet.
This oil not only hydrates, but it smells soo beautiful and subtle. it reminds me of my favourite discontinue baby cologne in 'Fresh Blossom' but just more subtle, a scent I'll never forget.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used countless body lotions, both cheaper and expensive, yet who would have thought that the stuff mom used on me would moisturize better than any of them? I have very dry skin. Most moisterizers just don't last for me. Sure baby oil goes on a bit greasy, but once it is absorbed ( I apply right after a bath), nothing keeps me so soft, and the smell is subtle and attractive! And it lasts! Often easily an entire 24 hrs! It's cheap, works , and smells lovely! I also recently tried it as a makeup remover. Works as good as the best, though I actually found it a little too greasy for my face. Great eye moisturizer at night though. kills those fine lines with softness and moisture and I wake up smooth in the morning!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of those must keep on hand products for me. It has a multitude of uses head to toe from removing makeup to moisturizing ashy feet. I only by Johnson and Johnson. The newer bottle is great at preventing spills/leaking. I love te smell of this. I will continue to purchase this. A litte goes a longgg way so this is very cost effective. I even carry a small bottle whenever I travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I've tried many many types of oils to remove my makeup, especially waterproof eye makeup, but none can beat baby oil. Coconut oils cause stye to grow around my eyes. Olive oil sting my eyes and it doesn't even remove all the makeup like baby oil. I find olive oil too thick to spread and it end up stretching tearing my skin. grape seeds oil is actually very drying in the long run. Almond oils sting my eyes also. I really believe in using natural cold pressed, unprocessed, organic, pure stuff but they haven't been working for me, especially in the facial cleaning department. I also break out from extra virgin, cold pressed, organic oil. Same goes with the coconut. Jojoba makes me break out too. Then I realize that most nuts and seeds are high in allergen. Most will clog the pores even if they are all pure and natural. I end up going back to the cheapest and most effective item to clean my eyes, baby oil. It can be any baby oil, not just johnson's. I usually get the unscented ones. The generic target or walmart brands are usually only half price compared to johnson's and they work just the same. Baby oil is so cheap you can buy a heap for only a few dollars. They last forever and don't get contaminated too easily. My eyes stay soft moist without any issue with break out, clogged pores , eye infection like I get from the natural oils.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No