April 16, 2014 | 923 users online

Shampoo - Shiseido - Tsubaki Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by clearady

So I love my work office because everybody shares the latest and greatest of all beauty products. Just recently, I turned my assistant manager/manager onto Aveda's clove conditioner for its properties of prolonging hair color and darkening brunettes without damaging. They loved it!

So when my manager offered me two big sample bottles of this shampoo/conditioner that she raves about making her hair soft, I was inclined to try it out. I didn't know what to expect, as nowadays I nearly always read a review about a product first (if not here, then on viewpoints, totalbeauty, buzzillion etc).

Firstly, this product is better than most all drugstore brands (Aussie and Garnier being excluded from that list) as I expected it would since it's manufactured from Shiseido. My hair didn't feel too dry.

It smelt divine, and that is perhaps the single strongest thing it has going for it.

Price-wise it's alright.

The true test was what my hair would look like on the following day. Long story short, the next morning my fly-aways were back and my hair didn't have nearly as much shine and body as when I used my normal hair products (The Healing Seed Shampoo/Conditioner, Redken All Soft, Kerastese, Nexxus, Aussie, It's a ten, Biolage conditioner).

So would I buy this? No. But if you're used to drugstore brands, this is a big step up.

However, volume (hair that doesn't fall flat) and control (no fly-aways) are the two biggest aspects to me.
Moisture (usually weighing hair down but essential for damaged hair) and smoothness (being able to brush through without tangles) come secondary as I take very good care of my hair in the first place, so I need not products to rescue it, but enhance it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sonikuri

I've been using the shampoo and the conditioner (red one) for two weeks now and I love that my hairs ready ready to style right out of the shower, no extra products necessary. My hair is medium thick and the ends always get a little dry, but tsubaki always leaves my hair hydrated. I don't recommend this product if you have thin hair, oily hair, or if your hair tends to get flat fast. Also the smell is nice, too bad it doesn't last. I took a star of since it's a little pricey. I bought mine at pacific mall for $35 for the shampoo/conditioner/and treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by remieann87

I really like this product. I usually shampoo my hair every other day but condition it everyday. I did notice my hair very oily and greasy looking when i didnt shampoo it. So i shampoo and condition my hair everyday and it feels soft and looks shiny. I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by NatOna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

To start, I love the fragrance of this shampoo!! I'm not a real fragrance fan, but this is wonderful. It also moisturizes my hair while I shampoo without a lot of buildup (I use baking soda with this shampoo once a week to get product out of my hair anyway, so I haven't noticed buildup from this shampoo). My hair does feel somewhat moisturized after using it, but I always use the conditioner too. (Both the damage care versions in the white bottle.)

I really have to use this shampoo during the winter, otherwise my fine, wavy hair gets the frizzies.

It is a bit expensive, but I already have the bottle, so I buy the refill pack (a couple of bucks cheaper for the same amount). Buy it on sale, and it's definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this line and especially this shampoo. it lathers easily, balances my oily scalp and thoroughly cleanses it, but it doesnt dry my hair out. i love the sweet floral scent which lasts all day and so does my SO.it is a bit pricey if you buy it in the us (about 16$ where i purchase it...) but if you can get a cp from japan, its actually really cheap (about 3-4 dollars). it leaves my hair light, moisturized, and soft. the pump bottle is also great, its clear so you can see how much you have left, and 1 pump is all i need for my midlength hair. hair for reference, i have fine, curly, damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

Initially I bought the white version after reading rave reviews. However the white version was a bit drying. Tried the red version, and it's very good. It feels very gentle on the hair, sometimes to the extent I sometimes doubt it really cleanses the hair well, and I shampoo twice. It leaves my hair tangle free, soft and not dry at all.

Edit: After using this for few months on a row, I felt my hair was never cleansed well as I experienced great itch on the scalp. Now I alternate my Tsubaki with a stronger shampoo. I also feel that my hair feels dry, when the hair is dried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo makes my hair very greasy after 1 day. It leaves a lot of residue on my scalp. But aside from that it has a great smell and I really like the bottle and pump, which makes it very convenient in the shower.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by ard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this shampoo for the packaging alone, I admit. Red metallic plastic with a gold sheen and sleek, ergonomic bottle! Beautiful.

The shampoo itself is nice as well. I have healthy hair, but a very dry scalp (dermatitis) and was told to use a moisturizing shampoo on the days I don't use medicated shampoo. I find that this does give my hair a different texture than regular shampoo, almost waxy, as a previous reviewer stated. I don't mind this, because I have short hair and the texture change makes it easier to style. I purify once or twice a week with a vinegar to avoid product accumulation and dull hair.

I'll use this up, but won't buy again. It's just not suited to my hair type. Found it at a Japanese grocery store for around six bucks, very reasonable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a lot of US products for my breakage. (I straight-permed my hair, I love to pull my hair). But only tsubaki's damage care can cure the problem! Best shampoo and conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by olyaspb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's great for weak and dry hair. Actually, I have oily hair, but after a few experiments with hair colour my hair started falling out:( So I decided to give it a try (I buy shiseido's skincare, so I decided to try their haircare), and it worked! It doesn't make my hair oily (as I thought it would, because it's not meant for oily), you need a very small amount for one application and has a pump, which I simply adore! Also refills are available, so it saves your money:) Now my hair is ok, but I still use this shampoo, also I think I will buy a conditioner too.