Shiseido Tsubaki Shampoo

3.8

water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium taurine cocoyl, methyltaurate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol distearate, dipropylene glycol, cocamide mea, sorbitol, sodium chloride, hydroexyethyl urea, polyquaternium-7, camellia japonica seed oil, polyquaternium-61, dimethicone, citric acid, ceratonia siliqua hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, bis-isobutyl PEG-14/amodimethicone copolymer, disodium edta, sodium methyl lauroyl taurate, potassium cocoyl glutamate, glycerin, butylene glycol, PCA ethyl cocoyl, arginate, phenoxethanol, sodium benzoate, fragrance, yellow 5, CI 15985.

on 8/25/2010 9:39:00 PM

When I lived in Japan for half a year, I used this shampoo and conditioner combo. I LOVED the smell and the silkiness of my hair! The only thing was that I had to wash my hair both morning and night, as it gets oily as I sleep but also got oily (and smelled like pollution as much of my day was spent outdoors for my 2 hour commute on foot) by the end of the day. Washing twice a day didn't seem to damage it at all, though, but I had it trimmed regularly.

on 8/21/2010 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i bought tsubaki in white packaging,its lil bit expensive just for shampoo. i more prefer shiseido aqua air, its more cheaper than tsubaki, also works better than tsubaki. and i found that tsubaki made my hair so easily fall down. never buy again..

on 7/13/2010 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

My mom bought this for me as she is a Shiseido nut. I love the smell of this shampoo and the effect is has on my hair. It rids my hair of oil and makes it smooth, not frizzy. I'll be sure to update later on about Tsubaki.

I love the smell and the effect this shampoo has on my hair. I recently stopped using Bumble and Bumble volumizing shampoo and conditioner because I felt like it was making my hair too dry. Switching to Shiseido Tsubaki was a great alternative because now my hair is soft, shiny, and smells great. I love how it comes in a bottle with a pump that is refillable. The price isn't that bad compared with the Bumble and Bumble and the Redken products I used to use. Definitely a good buy, especially for Asian hair.

on 5/7/2010 7:32:00 AM

I have been on a Shampoo hunt recently trying to find one that isn't as expensive as Kerastase and that basically cleans my hair well, doesn't strip color, adds a tiny bit of moisture and balance for my frizz, has somewhat healthy ingredients, and lathers decently. I relaly thought this was the answer considering sooo many people love it and the whole rave about it having that natural flower oil. I alos thought you got quite a great amount of product and loved the sleek pump packaging plus the lovely floral smell. Let's just say when I used it I no longer remembered any good points. To begin with I don't have super thick shiny beautiful asian strands (I wish), but more medium thickness naturally wavy somewhat frizzy hair. Seriously after I lathered with this (felt great at that point) and then washed out even soaking wet under water my hair automatically felt soooo strawlike, tangled, dry, and stripped. I though maybe this would get better after a good conditioner but no even after my hair was dry just felt so stripped and even more frizzier than before. Plus I can't return this bottle as I got it from a Shiseido store in China Town w/ no returns ofcourse so definitely not fun. I am lost as to why it worked so badily as I was hoping this would be it for me with the great natural oils, however with how it felt I don't feel like there was natural anything in here, and to think I was worried this might leave my hair greasy or weighed down lol. The way my hair felt I'm surprised this shampoo isn't pure Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Rubbing Alcohol, no joke. Glad I tried it but major fail!

on 5/7/2010 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I love my work office because everybody shares the latest and greatest of all beauty products. Just recently, I turned my assistant manager/manager onto Aveda's clove conditioner for its properties of prolonging hair color and darkening brunettes without damaging. They loved it!

So when my manager offered me two big sample bottles of this shampoo/conditioner that she raves about making her hair soft, I was inclined to try it out. I didn't know what to expect, as nowadays I nearly always read a review about a product first (if not here, then on viewpoints, totalbeauty, buzzillion etc).

Firstly, this product is better than most all drugstore brands (Aussie and Garnier being excluded from that list) as I expected it would since it's manufactured from Shiseido. My hair didn't feel too dry.

It smelt divine, and that is perhaps the single strongest thing it has going for it.

Price-wise it's alright.

The true test was what my hair would look like on the following day. Long story short, the next morning my fly-aways were back and my hair didn't have nearly as much shine and body as when I used my normal hair products (The Healing Seed Shampoo/Conditioner, Redken All Soft, Kerastese, Nexxus, Aussie, It's a ten, Biolage conditioner).

So would I buy this? No. But if you're used to drugstore brands, this is a big step up.

However, volume (hair that doesn't fall flat) and control (no fly-aways) are the two biggest aspects to me.
Moisture (usually weighing hair down but essential for damaged hair) and smoothness (being able to brush through without tangles) come secondary as I take very good care of my hair in the first place, so I need not products to rescue it, but enhance it.

on 4/24/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using the shampoo and the conditioner (red one) for two weeks now and I love that my hairs ready ready to style right out of the shower, no extra products necessary. My hair is medium thick and the ends always get a little dry, but tsubaki always leaves my hair hydrated. I don't recommend this product if you have thin hair, oily hair, or if your hair tends to get flat fast. Also the smell is nice, too bad it doesn't last. I took a star of since it's a little pricey. I bought mine at pacific mall for $35 for the shampoo/conditioner/and treatment.

on 4/5/2010 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. I usually shampoo my hair every other day but condition it everyday. I did notice my hair very oily and greasy looking when i didnt shampoo it. So i shampoo and condition my hair everyday and it feels soft and looks shiny. I would buy this again.

on 3/23/2010 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

To start, I love the fragrance of this shampoo!! I'm not a real fragrance fan, but this is wonderful. It also moisturizes my hair while I shampoo without a lot of buildup (I use baking soda with this shampoo once a week to get product out of my hair anyway, so I haven't noticed buildup from this shampoo). My hair does feel somewhat moisturized after using it, but I always use the conditioner too. (Both the damage care versions in the white bottle.)

I really have to use this shampoo during the winter, otherwise my fine, wavy hair gets the frizzies.

It is a bit expensive, but I already have the bottle, so I buy the refill pack (a couple of bucks cheaper for the same amount). Buy it on sale, and it's definitely worth it!

on 3/16/2010 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

i love this line and especially this shampoo. it lathers easily, balances my oily scalp and thoroughly cleanses it, but it doesnt dry my hair out. i love the sweet floral scent which lasts all day and so does my SO.it is a bit pricey if you buy it in the us (about 16$ where i purchase it...) but if you can get a cp from japan, its actually really cheap (about 3-4 dollars). it leaves my hair light, moisturized, and soft. the pump bottle is also great, its clear so you can see how much you have left, and 1 pump is all i need for my midlength hair. hair for reference, i have fine, curly, damaged hair.

Top Rated Shiseido Products