October 26, 2014 | 1233 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't understand all of the negative reviews on this product. I found it to be highly effective at cleaning and providing a very light exfoliation. It's fun to use, and not too expensive (I went to Neutrogena's website for a coupon, and purchased at Harmon). I foams up nicely and smells great, without being too perfumey. I use this in the mornings, followed by Eucerine's Everyday Protection SPF 30 lotion, and my skin has never looked better! (note: This product can be a little drying,so I limit use to once per day during the harsh winter months.)
Highly recommend! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This was completely useless to me. To me, all it did was vibrate a cleanser pad on my face.
It was relative inexpensive, therefore I didnt do any research prior to buying.
I've used up all my cleansing pads that came with the Wave, instead of buying more pads, what I do now, it just stick plain pad and with some of my my favourite cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by rachellovesmakeup2

I love all neutrogena facial products and when this one came out I bought it immediately. I used it for a few weeks and honestly, it did absolutely nothing for my face. I think that it is a little to over-rated for what it actually does. I'm not sure if I'm wrong but the foaming pads made my face red and itchy:( Yes, they do smell good but seriously? I think that you could purchase better facial cleansers for less money. Sorry Neutrogena.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by rzirkle410

I purchased the Wave Sonic and I love it. I found that using it every day was unnecessary, so I started using it every other night in the shower. It takes care of my blackheads and exfoliates, leaving my skin feeling clean and soft. I have found that it is important to use a rich cream lotion after on tight or dry patches to moisturize, but overall, I like this product and am disappointed that it is being discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I've always loved Neutrogena products, but this was terrible. I used it for a few days, and my skin was so red and raw it felt like I rubbed it with sandpaper. My eyeshadow brush felt like it was made of needles. I had to give it to my roommate, and she said she had no problem with it, but for me, it made my skin raw, flaky, and sore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by JESS84s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have struggled with bad skin (inflamed cystic and hormonal acne, blackheads) for all of my teenage and adult years, and have tried what feels like a million different cleansers scrubs masks and treatments, so I was pretty sceptical about this product being any different. I actually wanted to try the Clarisonic but was not willing to spend so much money right away so thought I would give this a go instead before I make the leap.

I got the Wave at a local supermarket for $15, compared to the tens of thousands of dollars I have spent over the last 14 years I thought what the hell. I tend to give every product I try about 3-4 months to see if they really are effective of not, I by no means expect a miracle over night.

After my first use I really didn’t have an opinion. I wasn’t fussed on the vibration, but to be fair I was most likely pushing too hard. My skin did feel very clean though and I was surprised at the amount of make up on the pad, considering I pre-cleansed. After a few days use (morning and night) my skin started coming up in tiny little pimples under my skin, and for the next 4 days I had a further break out.

Abound the week and a half mark I started to notice that my skin was calming down, felt smoother, make up was going on better and redness reducing. I have also cut little circles out of a washcloth and have started using my own cleanser on it, so I can personalise it depending on how my skin is feeling for the day (oily, dry etc).

I’m now about 2 months into using the wave and although I would not go as far as to call it a HG item, it has so far been well worth the $15. I have only purchased one refill of the pads because I am still using my own version. My skin is cleaner and clearer - I still have pimples but I have significantly less, and they are small, not red and usual clear in a day or two making them easy to manage and conceal. My moisturiser is absorbing better and in turn I need less of it and I’ve noticed that my skin is starting to feel tighter and the small frown lines on my forehead are fading away – defiantly a bonus.

For 15 dollars I’m super pleased at the results. I know everyone’s skin is different so I think by getting some washcloth and putting your own cleanser on it would be helpful for others. Also, seriously, you can NOT expect overnight success. If you break out to begin with, it is to be expected!! It’s just bringing the build-up under your skin to the surface, and although it might look horrible its what you need!

I am still interested to try the Clarisonic, but I’m in no hurry at the moment because with a little luck and a few more months use the wave might help totally clear my skin up – fingers crossed

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Summary: w/ washcloth, HG if you have sebaceous filaments and enlarged pores w/ sebum plugs, but no major blackhead or pimple issues.

HG!!!!! But you have to tweak it a little...
I threw away the foaming pads after a few days-- it's ludicrous to think that every person who buys the Wave would want to use the same cleanser anyways. Get a soft washcloth, and run it under hot water. Then wrap it around the Wave and squeeze out the excess water on the cloth that isn't on the vibrating head. Add your cleanser of choice and voila. You can continue to re-wet the Wave with hot water if you like, no need to unwrap the washcloth. Use it for about a minute, being careful to get all the angles on your nose.
I don't think this would help anyone with blackheads or pimples. But if you have those maddening sebaceous filaments (long white stringy stuff that comes out of a pore when you squeeze it) or enlarged pores with sebum plugs (large light brown pores that emit a hard 'grain of rice' of sebum) then this works SO WELL. I'm addicted to picking at my face and typically I squeeze out a mountain of sebum, but since adding the wave to my regimen I just get a few bits here and there.
My skin is taut, oh-so-smooth and practically poreless now.

My next project involves chopping a skin brush and attaching it to the wave. Must.. resist... Clarisonic!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by jane1304

When I first used these I fell in love because it leaves my skin smooth without drying my face too much, but then it doesn't give me that clean feeling that i wanted especially that I have a combination skin. These product is not good in removing whiteheads and blackheads, and it did not improve my skin. After a while of using these I can say that it is a good facial cleanser but these has not improve or done anything to my skin. Overall it is an okay product but i would not repurchase it again, especially the refills were quite expensive for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sk8ergirl412

I bought this as it came out because i was desperate for something that would help my skin. I have acne and my skin is sensitive to some products. I noticed a MAJOR change in my skin, i have combination skin, so i'm glad it doesnt make it too oily or dry. It removes a lot of my makeup on my face, which is what usually clogs my pores. The only downfall is that the pads need to be bought every month and theyre kinda expensive, however, clean and clear has a similar one so i use their pads in place of the neutrogena ones, theyre cheaper and smell really good!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by FoxyConnie

I like this product. It made my face feel fresh and clean. I have very oily face with acne. Ugh. However, it says you can use it in shower also. I used it in the shower and it stopped working. I replace new batteries and it worked forwhile and my batteries popped. I bought a new one and the batteries popped again. So i used it without the massager, still works great.