October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Foundations - Max Factor - Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in shade 45 Warm almond. It suits my skintone perfectly and it looks natural. It tends to get a bit oily after a few hours, but if I set it with some powder it stays perfect until i remove it. I really like this foundation but I have one problem, the glitter! Mine has glitter in it so if I wear this daytime in the sunlight I will look like a discoball D:
But I recommend this for nighttime. I always wear it when Im going out ^^
This foundation works great for me but not perfect (the oilyness around my nose and chin bothers me, and the glitter is wierd) so I will continue my search for a better one :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by yimz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I used this product I didn't feel any wow factor, just something I expect from a high street brand. I rebought it again after lots of failed missions for a good foundation, and coming back with different ways of applying it I discovered it's quite effective. I love the texture, it's very handy to use - when I was young I didn't have the time to use liquid, but hated the matte/hard look of a powder alone). I use creamy ivory 40, which blends in my eye area and cheeks perfectly both through texture and tone (in fact I use this in those areas and then blend with Armani's Lasting Silk in 4, this is my favourite combo!). Depending on skin type you could probably get away with just dabbing it in certain areas if you want to balance out but not have full coverage. It's very light. Would suit daytime wear and appropriate for fuss free users who just want something quick.

Pros: texture and consistency, time efficiency

Cons: I hate the flat sponge it comes with - terribles (no wonder it comes with it), I use a dampened round one, the packaging in general - would be better if clicked open and you didnt have to unscrew into 2 seperate pieces, if you're using this foundation alone and all over the face regularly it doesn't last too long, my Armani lasts longer and that's a liquid.

This is one of those foundations that don't do much but because it's good at making you look natural (as long as you've got a good moisturised base) customers might feel it doesn't do enough for them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by laurajones

I LOVE this stuff. I've never really loved any drugstore foundations...and i've always been so tempted by the marketing of designer foundations like Chanel and Giorgio Armani and therefore have only ever loved them. This product is fantastic and creamy, but you do have to blend it into your skin quickly, as otherwise it will adhere to the skin too quickly, will set, and you wont be able to blend.

The only negative (for me, as someone with dry skin round my nose and between my eyebrows) is that is "cakes" in those areas. Therefore i have to be carefull about blending down the centre of the face.

Overall though, highly reccomended. The sponge applicator it comes with is AWFULL. I just use my mac 190 foundation brush instead and it works like a charm...but i cant really critisize max factor for that because all of the high end foundations dont even come with brushes sponges or aplicators, and you are expected to provide your own brush any way. The pricing of this foundation is good....however you would only have to chip in a few more pounds to get a MAC foundation...which is something to concider if you are a MAC freak like mee :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by riamaynes

It's now my 2nd pot but I I will no longer repurchase after I use all the product up. I use this everyday for the last 7 months. This product looked so good on my skin. Makes you glow. However, it melts. I top it off with powder but still, it doesn't last long. I just stay inside an air conditioned office for 8 hours but at the end of the day, it's gone. It's also sticky specially in a humid environment.
I love this product but I'm letting go of it in favor of Graftobian.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by sammie2rouge

I have been using chanel's vita lumiere aqua recently and the teint innocence before that! I can safely say that this foundation is just as good if not better (and less oily) than chanel's teint innocence ( which i love but it's being discontinued). It has the sme flawless finish for a FAR cheaper price! overall im very happy with the miracle touch i might even go as far as to say it's my new HG foundation?? :) well worth a try!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by TishyBee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the best foundation for me (combination , very oily t-zone, large pores) until I discovered EL doublewear.

It has great coverage and a lovely dewy finish. I found it is best applied using finger tips as the heat helps the consistency of the product glide over the face. The little sponge applicator you get in the case is pretty useless!!

I needed to use a primer and powder to set this make up but found it lasted a lot longer than other foundations of a similar price and had MUCH better coverage.

A pot wouldn't last me for long(not much more than a month)so it's a little pricey for what you get in the pot. But it always seems to be on 3 for 2 offers so I used to stock up!

Overall a great mid-priced foundation, but I would rather spend double the price for EL doublewear which lasts 5 times as long.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by perfumed8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really, really wanted to like this foundation. I love the idea of it, I know it's not the first foundation in a compact but it was one of the first in the drugstore market that I know of.

Anyway, what's good about it? The aforementioned packaging is,in my opinion, fantastic. I love that I can chuck this in my purse if I need a touch up (I don't generally touch up my foundation, but you know, on a sweaty night out or something it is handy to have.) I don't even mind the sponge, as this is how I started out applying foundation. Product wasteage is a flaw though. Especially in the case of this product, which is laughably tiny in the amount you get. For real, you could buy a more expensive, department store foundation and probably get better value for money. I hit pan after two months of using it maybe twice a week.

As for the foundation itself, I am still slightly on the fence. If my skin is in top notch condition it looks good. I have combination skin with the occassional spot/dryness (due to treating any spots!). If I have any blemishes or dry patches it looks penny dreadful, just sitting there and drawing attention to the worst areas. I know many foundations would do this slightly but this really doesn't blend well enough on me to handle it. If you have very dry skin I can't imagine this would do you any favors. If you have young or very oily skin this stuff would probably work much better than it did on me. My 18 year old self would probably love it, sigh.

At 36 it doesn't have any great line blurring effect, it doesn't make me look any older though either, bonus! It is light, a step up from a tinted moisturiser in coverage. It has a nice, if not spectacularly dewy, finish. The shade I have, Blushing Beige, is a really great shade for my fair, cool complexion, it evens out my redness without making me look pasty. It is so nearly a good choice, but for me the cost per use and occasional bad day with this make it not really worth a re-purchase. Ok thanks for reading, hope this helps in the neverending foundation search!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Snow841

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Out of all the cheaper foundation this is definetly one of the best ones. I can see where the people who criticise this product are coming from, but for I think for such price MiracleTouch is probably as good as it gets.

I like the texture, its very smooth and easily applicable. I'm not a big fan of the provided sponge but you can easily apply it with something else, or even your fingers. The coverage is quite good. You can apply as many layers as you need to cover all the imperfections.

The foundation stays on for quite a while but you may need to re-apply it during the day, especially on the nose!

The only thing I don't like about it is that I have dry skin around my nose and sometimes the foundation makes it stand out.

It gives a healthy, shiny finish, I don't apply powder afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Justinna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What can I write about this make-up is, that for this price is very good. For me is even better then Lancome Maquimat and the others more expensive.
The package can be bigger, but I had this one for two months.
So, now I´m going to buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Retailjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not too bad for a cream foundation that is marketed in various drugstores located in Hong Kong. Goes on velvety smooth, coverage is average but is buildable so that it can naturally cover light freckles. Application with a make-up sponge is preferrable, but you can still blend it in using your fingers (although not particularly sanitary). Staying power is okay, but definitely set it with a finishing powder. I find it a cheap alternative to use in a pinch (as opposed to Armani foundations which has moisturizers in them) when the weather is comparatively dry in Hong Kong.

Packaging is so-so...