April 21, 2014 | 1894 users online

Foundations - Max Factor - Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by riamaynes

It's now my 2nd pot but I I will no longer repurchase after I use all the product up. I use this everyday for the last 7 months. This product looked so good on my skin. Makes you glow. However, it melts. I top it off with powder but still, it doesn't last long. I just stay inside an air conditioned office for 8 hours but at the end of the day, it's gone. It's also sticky specially in a humid environment.
I love this product but I'm letting go of it in favor of Graftobian.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by sammie2rouge

I have been using chanel's vita lumiere aqua recently and the teint innocence before that! I can safely say that this foundation is just as good if not better (and less oily) than chanel's teint innocence ( which i love but it's being discontinued). It has the sme flawless finish for a FAR cheaper price! overall im very happy with the miracle touch i might even go as far as to say it's my new HG foundation?? :) well worth a try!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by TishyBee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the best foundation for me (combination , very oily t-zone, large pores) until I discovered EL doublewear.

It has great coverage and a lovely dewy finish. I found it is best applied using finger tips as the heat helps the consistency of the product glide over the face. The little sponge applicator you get in the case is pretty useless!!

I needed to use a primer and powder to set this make up but found it lasted a lot longer than other foundations of a similar price and had MUCH better coverage.

A pot wouldn't last me for long(not much more than a month)so it's a little pricey for what you get in the pot. But it always seems to be on 3 for 2 offers so I used to stock up!

Overall a great mid-priced foundation, but I would rather spend double the price for EL doublewear which lasts 5 times as long.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by perfumed8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really, really wanted to like this foundation. I love the idea of it, I know it's not the first foundation in a compact but it was one of the first in the drugstore market that I know of.

Anyway, what's good about it? The aforementioned packaging is,in my opinion, fantastic. I love that I can chuck this in my purse if I need a touch up (I don't generally touch up my foundation, but you know, on a sweaty night out or something it is handy to have.) I don't even mind the sponge, as this is how I started out applying foundation. Product wasteage is a flaw though. Especially in the case of this product, which is laughably tiny in the amount you get. For real, you could buy a more expensive, department store foundation and probably get better value for money. I hit pan after two months of using it maybe twice a week.

As for the foundation itself, I am still slightly on the fence. If my skin is in top notch condition it looks good. I have combination skin with the occassional spot/dryness (due to treating any spots!). If I have any blemishes or dry patches it looks penny dreadful, just sitting there and drawing attention to the worst areas. I know many foundations would do this slightly but this really doesn't blend well enough on me to handle it. If you have very dry skin I can't imagine this would do you any favors. If you have young or very oily skin this stuff would probably work much better than it did on me. My 18 year old self would probably love it, sigh.

At 36 it doesn't have any great line blurring effect, it doesn't make me look any older though either, bonus! It is light, a step up from a tinted moisturiser in coverage. It has a nice, if not spectacularly dewy, finish. The shade I have, Blushing Beige, is a really great shade for my fair, cool complexion, it evens out my redness without making me look pasty. It is so nearly a good choice, but for me the cost per use and occasional bad day with this make it not really worth a re-purchase. Ok thanks for reading, hope this helps in the neverending foundation search!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Snow841

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Out of all the cheaper foundation this is definetly one of the best ones. I can see where the people who criticise this product are coming from, but for I think for such price MiracleTouch is probably as good as it gets.

I like the texture, its very smooth and easily applicable. I'm not a big fan of the provided sponge but you can easily apply it with something else, or even your fingers. The coverage is quite good. You can apply as many layers as you need to cover all the imperfections.

The foundation stays on for quite a while but you may need to re-apply it during the day, especially on the nose!

The only thing I don't like about it is that I have dry skin around my nose and sometimes the foundation makes it stand out.

It gives a healthy, shiny finish, I don't apply powder afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Justinna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What can I write about this make-up is, that for this price is very good. For me is even better then Lancome Maquimat and the others more expensive.
The package can be bigger, but I had this one for two months.
So, now Im going to buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Retailjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not too bad for a cream foundation that is marketed in various drugstores located in Hong Kong. Goes on velvety smooth, coverage is average but is buildable so that it can naturally cover light freckles. Application with a make-up sponge is preferrable, but you can still blend it in using your fingers (although not particularly sanitary). Staying power is okay, but definitely set it with a finishing powder. I find it a cheap alternative to use in a pinch (as opposed to Armani foundations which has moisturizers in them) when the weather is comparatively dry in Hong Kong.

Packaging is so-so...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by marlenkaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best foundation ever! Been using for at least a year now and will repurchase until MF changes formula or discontinues the product (like they like to do). got oily/Combo skin, and this applies very well, staying power is quite good, looks natural. Covers an occasional spot or scar after mole removal. The best bit is that you can layer this foundation and still looks natural! If you need to top up your coverage on your nose for example, this foundation will do a good job - people think I wear no foundation and got perfect skin naturally! Minuses are that there is not such a great choice of shades available and it is quite expensive for a drugstore brand.
P.s. I do not work for Max Factor, been a member of MUA for many years but never reviewed products. Doing this as I need to stock up some more (boots and Superdrug in the UK do this 'buy two get third free' offer now). Please give it a try as it is great and I do not want Max Factor to ever discontinue my HG foundation:)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by obviously

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

NO. I don't like this at all. REALLY bad colour, made my little dry skin look VERY DRY, it is expensive and it is very little in it so it didn't last for long. The packaging is really bad, it's small and not practical at all. But my best friend loves this so i guess it works for some people...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahfirby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this for the third time - i have problem skin so when i find a product that works i tend to stick with it!

goes on really well, good coverage (could be better, but covers my acne quite well if i use concealer as well) and doesn't look cakey on the skin.

i'd definitely recommend applying with a foundation brush rather than using the sponge included with it.
x x x