Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 2/3/2014 7:16:00 PM

Found this at my local Walmart for around $6. It is a very good and affordable product. I haven't found anything miraculous about it but it makes my skin pretty smooth and my foundation stays on all day long. I will definitely be repurchasing!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Works well as an affordable primer. The key is- you only need a small amount. I find applying too much will make my foundation slide off.

on 1/24/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Made my foundation look lighter & wiped right off my face when I touched it.

on 1/20/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently ran out of my Smashbox Photo finish primer, but since money is tight at the moment, I can't afford to drop $40 on it, I went for this Monistat primer trick I've been hearing so much about. First of all, I was surprised by how small the tube was...could be just the size that was available at my store, but that's not a huge concern. After I told my husband about this stuff, he was so grossed out that I was putting feminine product of my face, but I told him he had to trust this idea LOL The texture is that of any other kind of primer, but thicker than my Smashbox, which I liked. I was worried that it would give me a funky rash reaction or make my face break out, but has yet to in the 4 days thus far that I've been using it. I am so happy with how great my foundation holds thru the day; usually by 2 or 3, my redness is starting to show or my pores or the little imperfections, but with the Monistat, the coverage is even all day. I would question the first person who thought Monistat could work on the face, but I'm glad they did!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I know what you're thinking when it comes to the brand Monistat, but throw away that notion because in this case their anti-chafing gel makes a GREAT makeup primer. About a year ago when I started out wearing makeup, I read you needed primer. Being on budget, I came here and read that this stuff helps keep your makeup on, ok, I'll buy it. It was funny as I was really disappointed that CVS didnt have it (more like the clerk didn't even know where it was) until saw it was in the feminine aisle. Anyway, came in blue and pink tube and the consistency was smooth, powdery and maybe a little greasy but left on your skin it had a nice matte finish. My foundation(Revlon colorstay) didn't budge or melt off my face; very helpful in humid, hot weather with oily skin. At CVS it was almost $9(!?) for a 1.5 oz/42. gram tube; a little bit goes a long way though because too much will make it 'pill' which isn't nice. Despite the price and the brand name, this is my HG product. I heard about others which are more pricier, but in the end, they contain the same ingredient: Dimethicone, a type of silicone. Yep, so why waste $ when you can get something way cheaper and just as effective? Save your money and get this, you won't be sorry.

on 1/19/2014 9:09:00 PM

This stuff is cheap & it makes a great primer. It is also great for wearing with extra strength shapewear. I get a heat rash from Spanx & the like, but not if I use this on my stomach 1st.

on 1/5/2014 12:14:00 AM

This is one of the most amazing products you could own and I always have a tube at home. I initially bought this because I had read that it is a great primer when compared to smash box and other high end primers and also crazy cheap. I found it to be everything I was hoping for and more. Not only is it my new favorite primer but so great for it's intended chaffing purpose and rashes and other skin ailments. I have normal skin and does not make me break out but I do know it does for some so be careful :)

on 1/4/2014 4:51:00 PM

There are always coupons on monistat dot com. $2 off an already unbelievably good buy. I've heard so many women say , "ew", or "that's gross". This is NOT the yeast infection suppositories for your vagina people! Good grief! It's also very handy for heat rash or any kind of skin chafing. My makeup stays on all day-I use BM or Tarte Amazonian Clay liquid. My Mom has extremely sensitive skin and this works fine for her. And I've never had a reaction or a break out from it.

on 12/27/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

It's a good price (if compared with MUFF, $38). Monistat chafing gel is just only $5 at Walgreens where I bought last year. It makes my face feel smooth and also cover fine lines. But it might not perfect for shiny face. After putting it on my face at morning, my skin gets more oily about 3-4 hrs. later. Then, I use it in this season, winter only. :(

on 12/22/2013 7:50:00 PM

My makeup went on smoothly BUT it broke me out terribly ;(