September 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by taoat

After hearing all the raves of how good this chafing gel works as a primer I did not hesitate to go purchase it at my local Walmart, especially for that price.
I wasn't particularly too amazed by it like most people claim on here though I did notice a slight difference. The gel comes on very smoothly and makes my skin feel silky. However for me the product does not seem to prolong the wear of my makeup. Throughout the day it's very noticeably that my makeup has worn off (evidently with my blush) and I start getting oily around my T-Zone. I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm just saying I need another face primer that's right for me.

Here's a tip though! I'm not exactly sure if it's safe to apply on your lips (lol) but one day I decided to to put it on before applying my lipstick to see if it would prolong my lip color as well and lemme tell you, I have cracked, dry, chappy lips and this chafing gel made my lipstick glide on so smoothly and maintained the color so well! Try it out!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

Holy crapface. I was extremely skeptical when I read people were using this as a primer, but at $6 I figured I'd give it a shot. I already own Smashbox's HD Redness Reducing primer, and couldn't imagine it outperforming that. But I'm glad I did -- it's a stinking miracle worker. I found that it blends into my face well, and really distributes makeup well. Additionally, and probably most important, it hides my pores beneath my foundation and creates an even level for it to sit on.

Now get this -- I've found that this mattifies better than Smashbox's, by a large margin (trust my oily nose on this one). Monistat has become my number one go-to primer because in addition to hiding shine better, it also lasts longer on my oily spots than Smashbox does.

Bottom line: blends well, provides moderate-long staying power, cheap, mattifying. Now I wonder if I can convince them to make it in green...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

This did absolutely nothing to mattify my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Personally, I don't understand why people love this so much as a primer. I purchased this for under $6 at Walmart. My skin is both super sensitive and super oily. I read so many positive reviews both on here and on YouTube, that I decided it as worth a try.

Some people have mentioned a funky smell, but I didn't really notice that. This cream is super easy to apply, dries quickly to a nice, powdery finish. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy at all. You also get a decent amount in the tube. A little goes a really long way. A pea-sized amount is more than enough for my entire face.

But as far as oil control goes, it didn't do much of anything for me. My makeup still disappeared into oblivion around the 4 hour mark. I also feel it didn't really do much in terms of mattifying. Also, I think I'm allergic to something in it. Since I've started using it, I've noticed my face has been itching. I wasn't sure if it was this or a oil control moisturizer I recently started using. I didn't use the moisturizer today, and am itching again, so I know now it's this. I'm glad I gave this a try, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by hebs76

I read about this product while researching primers. I did have to buy it off eBay as its not sold here in Australia but its wonderful! My makeup stays on all day with no t-zone shine and my face looks so airbrushed. No going back to the over priced actual primers now! I prefer it to Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer which is around $55-60 here, can't beat paying $10 (including postage) for this little wonder

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by zurbaby

I cant really tell if this product does anything to my face, other than that, it does make my face really INCREDIBLY soft and smooth! Overall rating is 2. It doesnt get rid of my oil, it doesnt fill in pores, and it smells and feels really funky.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by MissImpala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product ever since it came out for it's primary use of chafing/galding. Being a large woman, I use this product for chafing in the groin, under breasts and so on. It goes on like a cream, but feels like a powder and lasts all day! No more powder messes in the bedroom or bathroom!

Later I heard about the primers and how they were talking about using MY product as a primer. So I tried it! And it works great! Gives my skin an airbrushed look and keeps my makeup from "collecting in the canyons".

I actually purchase this by the case from drugstore.com as I got tired of going to Wal-Mart and my product not being there.

Lanacane makes a similar product, but it does not seem to go onto the skin as smoothly. And it feels more tacky than Monistat.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good for intended purpose (I'm a runner and use it to prevent thigh chafing) and as primer under and over makeup for oil control. I used this under my wedding makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by katie979

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for 9 months and I have to say I loooove this stuff!!! I have oily skin and nothing seemed to keep my makeup lasting for so long. I used to moisturize my face before putting this on --mistake-- since my skin is oily I don't need to do so.

I just put a little amount on my face and then my bb cream or foundation or whatever it is that I'll be using.

The packaging is good, for 7 dollars I don't really care how it looks like.

Definitely going to repurchase and highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Amberlee0211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never bought primers because of the price. $35? No thank you. I don't wear a full face regularly enough to go around trying different brands, either. Any time I used something, it was from a friend's vanity.
But then, I was researching primers. I know so little about makeup, and I heard about using this. I could pay $5 for something.
And God said "It is good"
If I do put on make up, I put this on first. Always. I like the liquid to powder feel. I don't think it feels rubber at all. It has zero smell. It's practically perfect in every way.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No