L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

on 11/22/2013 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this mascara. After running out of my Maybelline Falsies masccara (which is amazing btw) i decided to grab the Loreal telescopic. as i said i really really wanted to like this but this mascara didnt hold a curl for me. It has amazing lenghthening power but after few seconds my lashes just fall and go straight :/ I guess ill just be going back to my falsies.

on 11/20/2013 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love this mascara, it's HG for me especially layered over Benefit They're Real (thanks Makeupalley!) Washes off easily too.

BUT

The packaging sucks. The mascara wand is really hard to get back in the tube. You have to push it to get in and the end of the wand bends back and forth unless you pinch it with your fingers (getting mascara on them) and push it in. Today the end on mine ripped and I guess I'll have to glue it back together or something.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I tend to shy away from L'oreal mascaras because they don't work for me. Formulas tend to be too wet, clumpy and goopy. I don't know what possessed me to get this but I'm so glad I did. I was searching a long time for a fabulous lengthening mascara. But, I was striking out. The search ends here. The brush is very thin with small plastic bristles. I have short lashes to begin with but very tiny little specks of lashes at the inner corners. This brush works absolutely incredible with my lashes. It grabs every one and stretches them out to these long lush jet black lashes! Plus, no clumps! However, as with most L'oreal mascaras, you can't do tons of coats to build with this one. I was only able to do two generous coats before it started to get goopy.

on 10/18/2013 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The formula is decent, there isn't much of a fuss when taking it off at night & it holds a curl pretty well. The mascara is for length, but I didn't really find that it have my lashes much length, I've had mascara that are for volumizing that have given me more length! Overall it's an average mascara

on 10/2/2013 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

It's been awhile since i've written a review but i had to write one about this mascara. Before you buy, ask yourself: 1) do i have decent lash volume (# of lashes) but want more length, and 2) do i like thick, long, dramatic false lashes without the hassle of applying several coats or wearing falsies?

If you answered yes to the above, this is the mascara for you. I noticed that the people who did NOT like this mascara tend to go for mascaras that say "volume"...if you are a "volume" mascara user, your lashes will most likely clump together with this carbon black mascara and look spidery. This is better for short full lashes because it adds mainly LENGTH.

Bonus: it holds a curl, washes off easily with regular cleanser, doesn't flake, and a tube lasts forever! It kind of amazes me how much it coats onto my lashes but the tube never ends.

Oh one last tip: hold the wand tightly at the base of your lashes and blink into the wand. I find this is the easiest way to get length quickly without clumping your lashes together.

I LOVE this mascara. It's the best I've ever used. It makes my lashes so long and thick (with 3 coats), and separated. I have people ask me regularly if I'm wearing falsies. The brush is perfect for separating. I've tried mascaras of all kinds - $5-$50, and this is by far the best I've ever found, and I go back to it every time.

on 9/18/2013 4:52:00 PM

Bought this based on the reviews here, and I gotta say, I'm pretty dang impressed! Makes my lashes look SUPER long and full and the curl stays all day! They look just as long and luxe at 5pm as they did at 8am when I applied! My only slight complaint is that it's a bit hard to build with the formula - if you're not careful, you could easily end up with spider lashes. Also, make no mistake, this is for people who like DRAMA lashes! If you want natural, feather-y, "these are my natural lashes" lashes, this is not the mascara for you. I prefer the drama though, so for me, for this price, L'Oreal's got a winner here.

on 9/13/2013 3:45:00 AM

Hands down best mascara, I've gone through at least 6 tubes of this stuff. Been using it for the past 5 years, got it first in Europe then finally got it in Canada a year later and have been using it ever since! Makes my lashes look 14x longer than the already are, just make sure to curl your lashes :)

on 9/10/2013 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have naturally long lashes but they are also real "fine" this mascara makes my lashes VERY black and visible..like a set of natural looking falsies..HG for me!

on 9/7/2013 6:20:00 PM

So I notice that this has 400 some reviews and a 4.0 rating. I know I have tried this mascara before, but not the carbon black. But I buy it again, because, how could 400 people lead me astray? Well apparently we have different ideas on how we like a mascara to perform. I prefer CG Lash Blast Volume (orange tube) for crazy thick, long lashes. Telescopic Carbon Black gave me nothing but straggly, thin barely noticeable lashes. I don't understand. And the brush was so, so hard. I am glad this has worked for so many, but I am not one of them.