October 24, 2014 | 1943 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Volume Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by claudiita305

This my favorite cheap mascara actually I put many coats at once and it feels more creamy and less watery like many mascaras do.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by 34lenorexena

Love this product - just as good as the green tube - if not slightly better - it gives a really natural look although not overly thickening - if you have long lashes this is a fantastic daytime mascara for you... try it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not bad, but I have naturally long lashes that are not totally lacking in volume. The package said to not let dry between coats, but I think if you keep the coats thin, you can do at least two.

I don't love it because I don't think it adds that much to volume, but it definitely separated and gave my lashes some good definition. Probably a great mascara for someone who has good lashes to begin with. Wears well too, all day with no smudging or flaking...but if you really want volume from a DS mascara, go with Lash Blast or Loreal Volumous. I probably won't purchase again, unless it was on sale.

Edited to add:
I've been using for a few weeks now, and this mascara has grown on me...I now love it. Nice long long lashes that look just as great at the end of the day as they did right after you applied. As I said above, not so much a volume mascara, but if you don't need or want extra volume, this is great. I am changing my rating to Yes, I would buy again. This and LashBlast are my favorites.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by beautifullydifferentface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hi! I would first like to say that I bought this mascara in very black...and it is true to its color name. I do think it gave a bit of volume...and defined my lashes...but it made them spidery not matter how I applied it. I think that this is great if you curl your lashes...but I'm not too sure if I'd wear it w/out curling them. I like the hot pink packaging. This is a good mascara to have if you'd like a more dramatic look...especially w/ the color very black. I like to go for more natural looks...so because of the spidery effect I would not repurchase this because I can always apply an extra layer or two of my other mascaras to get a more dramatic look. This has not flaked at all one me...but has smudged the most tiny amount...but barely noticeable. If you have anymore questions or comments feel free to ask. Let me just add that I'd never buy this again....or recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by diana225

This mascara promises volume and definition, I'm gonna have to say that it did give me great definition, all of my lashes were separated and it also gave me a descent amount of volume, not dramatic volume, but it was pretty good. And the brush was also great. I think the package is really cute, it's a dark pink. It is one of my favorite mascaras and I would most definitely repurchase.

pros
great definition
descent amount of volume
nice pigmentation
great packaging

cons
smudges a bit
could give you spider lashes if applied to quickly

other than that it's amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by cloudzz

This mascara claimed to give definition, which I found it fail to do. It clumps a little bit, which is quite disappointing.
It gives some volume but it does stick my lashes together. It also makes my lashes stiff and crunchy. I have both the green and the red one, and I really can't tell the difference between the two beside the fact that the volume one is a bit darker in colour. Does not give me much length. The wand is too flimsy. Basically it is very mediocre, nothing exceptional. I will not buy this again for sure. There are just soo many better drugstore mascaras and I don't see why I will spend my money on this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by waimingsiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw the not-as-positive reviews about this...but then it was 40% off at my local pharmacy so I decided to give it a try. I personally really like it. It adds some volume in a natural looking way. I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for a mascara to give you dramatic results. But it's definitely good for a day-to-day basis. It doesn't smudge at all on me though, which is a plus!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Nessachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so disappointed in this mascara. It was on clearance for about $4 and I usually like maybelline products so I decided to buy it. This is not a volumizing mascara at all. I guess it does seperate lashes a little and adds some darkness but that's about it, which disappointed me considering the cool brush/wand. I do not recommend this product at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by zuzad

I like it, but it doesn´t give you any volume...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by riceball406

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all I liked the original mascara and guess I bought it. I honestly don't remeber how I get half of the makeup I do. The mascara itself is not that bad, I don't feel like it adds that much volume, but for a natural look its fine, but I like the dramatic look. I never had a problem with flaking, maybe here and there and no smudging or clumping. However what killed this product for me was the brush. Both of the brushes of the define a lash are very flexible and easy to apply, but on this one it was really hard to put back and would bend all over the place and take forever to put in. I also felt like I was going to break it all the time, so thats mainly why I hate this mascara.