September 21, 2014 | 1514 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by tayodea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here's my quick recommendation ladies & gents: If you plan on taking Biotin, please be prepared to drink water by the second!!! Biotin is very potent and can cause terrible cystic acne if you don't take them properly. If you want luscious hair, glowing skin and healthy nails, just take multi-vitamins.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by aavram

I started using biotin after getting sick of my shoulder length haircut. I have seen growth in my hair but it has been falling out like crazy, but this could be because of stress. I have also gained 7 pounds, I haven't changed my diet or how much/how often I workout, so it could be do to biotin. I've decided to just let nature take its course and let my hair grow that way.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by DurrtyLadle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gave me wicked cystic break outs. After a few months I didn't notice any difference in my hair or nails

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I don't take this junk! It did nothing for me. A friend of mine told me to go to GNC and buy plain old MSM supplements and I've been taking them for months. My hair is growing at an alarming rate and feels like spun silk. My nails are long and strong and my skin has never looked better. MSM is truly my miracle! Plus it's healthy for other things as well. Love it!

EDIT: I only get the MSM...Not the stuff with glucosamine in it. Just plain MSM.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by blancopanda920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

it helps my nails and hair grow like crazy and super healthy.

The downside is that it also make me break out like crazy. UGH I wanna have good hair but then I don't want to be pimple face either:(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this daily for about a month and realized it was the reason why my face was BREAKING OUT like crazy. I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. I didn't see an improvement in my skin or hair. I will not be using biotin again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I started using Biotin just about a few months ago. I have noticed a difference in my hair length. After getting my hair clipped, I took biotin everyday, and it's almost back to it's original length since before I cut it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

It is hard to gauge if a supplement makes a big difference but there are so many things that biotin supposively does and it is cheap enough that you should stick to it to see how it works for you.

It does enhance hair and skin so give it a try for two months, it isn't expensive. If you are happy as I am, put it in your daily regimen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a HUGE proponent in vitamin use. I take a multi every day, vitamin c, vitamin b complex, COQ10, fish oil, and biotin.

I think biotin gives your skin that extra healthy shine that we are all looking for. I feel like it has even improved my blemished slightly as well. Try it out and see if it works for you. I have a few girlfriends that swear it doesn't work for them but to each her own, I believe it is healthy and promotes healthy skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After 2 months of using biotin NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN MY DIET AND MY SKINCARE ROUTINE BUT STARTING USING BIOTIN AND my face broke out badly , i put on extra weight extra 5 kg to be specific ...NEVER AGAIN