October 26, 2014 | 1244 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Fashionista97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is EXPENSIVE, and I really had to think about it before splurging on it... but trust me, it's the best concealer I have ever used (for under eye circles at least). I use this as an all purpose concealer for both under eyes and any spots or discoloration I might have.

*Note: I have had Cystic and just the regular type of acne, I could feel confident that whenever a pimple pooped up no matter what kind I would feel confident that I had a product to concealer and I do, now!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been looking for a good concealer for my blemishes, or uneven skin tones and I have tried quite a few (Estée double wear, ysl, body shop, LM SC, etc) but they all slipped away by 2-4 hrs or goes on really cakey. I had hoped that I would not love the cdp cos it is CRAZZY EXPENSIVE! But I keep going back to the small sample of Beige that I have and eventually I cracked. I had to get the cdp because its lasting power is amazing! Does not work for undereyes (I use ysl for that), but love it for spot concealing. My color is ivory , the SA matched me to beige but it is ridiculously
Orange/darkish so I'm glad I took a chance with ivory. I warm it up with my finger before applying and a little goes a longgg way.. It is 5 for product, 5 for price and 5 for packaging! Lol. Guess we get what we pay for! I'm n-nc20, I say this is defi more neutral undertones than beige, which is more orange/pink/salmonish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

This concealer works great, but be sure to moisturize well in areas you'll be using it because it has a somewhat dry consistency. I chose the color 'Ocre' and it's a pretty good match for my NC40 skin. I bought this concealer about 2 years ago and still have tons left! (granted, I don't use it every single day). I won't be repurchasing though, just because it's $70 AND I'm always wanting to try new products. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ny1916

Love this concealer! Beautiful coverage, creamy consistency, good color match to my olive-y tan-ish skin. Splurged a few years ago, then trying to save money tried other brands, but alas, everything else paled in comparison. Finally bit the bullet and went back. They need a customer loyalty program as I'm there!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Believe the Hype - It's ALL True

Yes you can still cover spots and cirlces without it using something else and what you use may do a pretty good job, BUT if you can, try this. Like everyone else I've been hearing about this concelaer both wanting to believe there is a concealer that's as good as it's supposed to be, because maybe one day I'd get it and then also not believing it, because that's like believing that there is a mascara that's going to make your lashes look like they do in print ads or on TV (where they always have on false eyelashes hidden expertly with the right application of eyeliner, doubtful the strip kind very often, but you can bet on some individual ones.
So I've been holding out forever and finally went on Ebay and got it for $55. I got it yesterday tried out when I got home from work and loved it immediately, as much as I wanted to go and write a review right then and confirm, yes it is indeed as great as you've heard, I decided I'd better give it a full day's wear before posting so I wouldn't have to take it back.
{On an aside, I have to also say that this is combined with finding the best foundation I've ever used-Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream together with this concealer (only started using the BB cream within the last couple weeks.) I've never found a foundation that is so comfortable at the end of the day and looks as good at the end of it as it does at the beginning.}
This concealer does evertyhing I love about the Smashbox BB Cream as well in a concealer. To me it's more of a cream to powder type formula. It is as richly pigmented as people say and a little bit does go a long way. Sometimes you can put your concealer on and by the end of the day it has slid off and you don't look morning fresh anymore, I've got a trick I do that helps with that, I use a lip brush and brush it on some dual finish powder foundation and tap it on top of any blemishes over the concealer to seal it and it does last very well. Even so at the end of the day, while better with this trick, it's still not as good as it is first thing in the morning when my makeup is first done. Today I came home after working all day, running some errands, meeting a friend and taking our dinner to a park to eat outside. I got home a little after 8 pm and it looked as good as it did when I put it on this morning. I think that's all you can ask from a concealer. Will I buy it again? Definitely.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by retrolady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have been using it for 5 years,i actually do not use concealer all the time,unless i want a perfect look for special ocassion.im 24, been trying different foundation and concealer,different price ranges,including mineral foundation,i still believe this one is the 'must have' item in my emergency list.Mostly i just want a concealer to cover my acnescar (the red marks) this works so well,especially the color ocher match my skintone.With a heavier applied,then have the foundation put on,it's just perfect.

since i read the good reviews on the internet so i gave it a try,i wanted a good concealer that does not clog pore or break me out when i was 18,it turns it's more than what i want.

i think the quality deserve the price,at least it takes me years to use one little stick.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by MotherPanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm Chinese from Hong Kong, medium skin color with yellow under tone. I got quite serious dark circle around my eyes. I tried so many brands of concealers. I concern the texture and the shade of the concealers. I have read so many articles about Cle de Peau concealer and sounds it's really good. In fact, I got one with Ocher. For the texture, it's really good. It still smooth after setting with loose powder. But it's not my shade. It's too yellow and made my under eyes became grey so that I put it aside for while. Until a make-up artist recommended me to mix ocher and beige, I got another one in beige color.

Mixing beige to ocher to tone the shade into little peach/peach pink. But, you need to take a right proportion to mix a right shade to hide your dark circle (you need to try it for few times). I also found that, mix a little of YSL Touche Eclat #3 with beige you can get quite nice shade to hide the dark circle. In opposition to mix YSL Touche Eclat #pink (forget the no.) with ocher to get the other peachy pink color.

I can say that, I still cannot find a right shade of concealer (without mix 2 colors/brands of concealer) but Cle de Peau is the best texture of concealer I ever tried. Hope that CdP can produce some more shades to satisfy all the users.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by dawly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I spent $96 on this product at Holts in Toronto. Its not worth it - its cakey and dry and has no spf. Its powder on a stick and its colors are limited. It might be better suited to younger skin.

I have been using it as a base to my eyeshadow and that's been working out alright

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by fabtwinsmom

I've read so many rave reviews and just got to try it. I normally use Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Sand with occasional BB Corrector in Light Bisque underneath. I'm fair with yellow undertone and when I wear foundation I use Armani Luminous Silk Foundation #5. I tested the CdP concealer at the counter and thought I could use either Ivory or Beige. The BA suggested Ivory for my yellow undertone (Beige is light but has pink undertone) and she said it would illuminate. I normally use concealer for some undereye circle (not severe but I have hollow eyes so my undereye areas sometimes look darkish) and for sun spots on my cheekbone. One sun spot in particular under my right eye is quite large, about a pencil eraser size. It has been annoying me to no end for over 5 years. It's medium in color but gets darker in the summer or when I go south despite my wearing daily SPF 50+. I noticed that lately my Bobbi Brown concealer doesn't seem to cover it at all. I can see through it despite applying layers of concealer (and spending way too much time). And then when I put on my powder blush after the loose face powder, the area darkens again. The CdP concealer is great for my dark circle. I don't have to apply several layers like BB. However, it doesn't cover the dark sun spot but it's okay for the light ones (not completely but cover enough that they're not noticeable). My dark sun spot still shows through despite layering (same effectiveness as BB).

The texture is dryer with powdery finish. Make sure you're well moisturized before applying or it doesn't glide on as well as it should. I use MAC Touch Up brush to apply the concealer then very lightly pat it down with my finger tip. I think the Beige color may work better for my sun spots. I noticed that the BB corrector in Light Bisque has pinkish tone but it cuts down the browness of the sun spots and helps the yellow tone concealer to work better. But then again, I'm back to using 2 products--CdP Ivory for undereye circles and Beige or BB Bisque + Ivory for sun spots. I was hoping to cut down to one HG concealer but I guess that's not going to work. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase again.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ShyGSTGurl

Worth the price? In my opinion for $70 USD...no =( I am NC20 and have have this in the shade Beige. I use this to conceal under eye circles and blemishes.I apply with both a brush and pat in with fingers. The amount of product you get is decent and can probably last 1-1.5 years.

This concealer doesn't last throughout the day and begins looking cakey about 1-2 hours in. Setting with a powder foundation is a no-no with this product because it will look patchy/cakey.It conceals okay but the patchiness/cake-iness isn't worth it. Can look drying. Furthermore mascara tends to transfer onto the concealed area under the eye a bit.

Advice: Does not work with liquid/powder foundations. Best used with cream foundations.

1 Lippie Off - Cake Central