July 29, 2014 | 1970 users online

Eye Primer - Bare Escentuals - bareVitamins Prime Time Eyelid Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by rxqueen011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first eyelid primer, so I don't have anything else to compare it to. I've had it for a year and have not run out yet, with occasional use.
Less is more with this, too. Blending is a bit more difficult, but I love how this does not crease, EVER. The color of the primer does not go on opaque like MAC's Painterly/Bare Canvas paint pots. It's very sheer. Also keeps my lids from getting too oily. Wish this would come in a tube because the applicator is useless for me. I click the primer out and blend it in with my fingers. There seems to be some war between UDPP and TFSI. I don't think I'll bother with either since the BE really fits the bill. Took one lippie off for price/packaging.

EDIT 10/2010: I'm still on the first tube, which is quite possibly going on two years. The consistency has dried out a little, but the product still works just as good. I like it better than UDPP and am still interested in giving TFSI and the LORAC primer a try. BE should totally repackage this in a tube. I think it will cost them less (like they would reduce the cost for us, though)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by carolinagirl480

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this primer! I have been using UDPP for a long time but never really felt like my eye makeup stayed on for more than about 5 hours,so I gave this stuff a try. I have really oily eyelids, and my makeup now stays on for 10+ hours with no signs of budging. I even went to bed one night without removing it and it still looked pretty good the next morning. Love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by crabbymeemee

I decided to give this a primer a try. I wanted to see if eyelid primers do what they say. I purchased this one because I liked that it was preservative free. I don't know if I got an "old" one but mine didn't blend evenly. It was very creamy either. I will probably continue my search for a better product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kelseymilena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this when I first learned about eyelid primers. You might be a little turned off by the $16 you have to pay for the itty bitty tube but I kid you not this thing lasted me 9 months (with everyday use)!! It is easily comparable to UDPP or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. When I used this I LOVED it, I couldn't go a day without it. I did a little research to figure out which primer was the best all around I choose Too Faced because you get a bigger amount than BE and UD and I didn't want to deal with cutting up the primer potion bottle. Though the prime time is a little bit harder to blend than Too Faced, it doesn't really matter because this works SO good!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by starstealing

I got this product as a gift in a Bare Escentuals gift set (I'm a BE devotee of two years, and I make sure everyone knows it). Boy, am I glad I did! I don't think I ever would have tried it before because my previous use of UDPP had me so jaded. This product works a million times better for me.

The BE shadow/liner primer is definitely thicker - more like a paste than the thin, barely-there consistency of UDPP. With that being said, it gives me the assurance that it's going to hold my eye makeup and force it to stay put. I was honestly quite surprised to find how it didn't cake up at all since it was so thick! The entire day, my shadow and liner looked fresh - and my eye makeup looked as if I had just applied it!

I love that the BE Primetime product simply functions so much better, but on another level, I feel comfortable knowing that it's all-natural. Definitely better for my skin, and these days, I'm all about taking care of my skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by cofarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought the primer looked chalky on my lids, even though my skin is fair. It was easy to put on too much, which looked dreadful.

I don't understand the applicator tip because I can't imagine applying it directly from the container to the lids, so there's no reason for it to be anything other than an opening in a squeeze tube.

I'll stick with my hoarded supply of Clinique matte Touch Tint. It makes the perfect base for other shadows and it can also be used solo. (I don't think Clinique makes this product in matte finish anymore.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I liked this primer quite a bit, especially with the Bare Escentuals mineral shadows. They adhere and stay well with their own brand's primer. I normally us UDPP and TFSI, but this one works as well as the others. The reason why I won't buy this anymore...the amount of product you get. The tube is teeny. It is only 1.5 mL/0.05 oz, whereas my two are both 10 mL/0.34 oz and mL/ 0.35 oz respectively (and I actually have the XL UDPP, which has even more) for about the same price. I like the packaging better than UDPP, but I notice that sometimes a bit of concealer "leaks" out from the sponge tip, and I get afraid that it will dry out. It will get 4 lippies for effectiveness, but, unless they come out with a better deal, I will not buy this anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by pixiedust2

LOVE this stuff. Works better than any other primer out there and it's natural. Best of both worlds. UDPP not only didn't work for me, it broke me out. Must be all the silicone in it. I tried the Tarte natural primer because it worked out to be slightly cheaper than the BE but it didn't work very well and kind of burned my eyelids. I don't use the applicator to apply. I squeeze out a little bit onto my finger, taps two fingers together and apply on both eyelids. I let it dry for a minute and then use a nude shadow or setting powder to set it. My eyeshadow and liner stays on all day and I have super-oily eyelids. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by usherlover695

i absolutely looove this product! im a young makeup artist and i use this on all of my clients. it lasts all day and night, with no creasing. definately would recommend for eyeshadow/eyeliner lovers.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by korean

this is a nice primer and it works well.
comes in a slick white metal tube the size of a nars lipgloss. it contains 1.5 ml/.05 fl oz of product.
has a felt tip, you twist/click the bottom and up comes the primer.

packaging is way better than urban decay primer potion. as far as formula goes, i'm torn between the two.

they both help shadows stay put. but udpp is thinner and goes on easier which i like, while primetime is more of a paste and you have to make sure you use your your ring finger to blend it even .but with primetime the shadows are more vibrant, it really brings out the color and pigments of your shadows better than udpp.
i like them both .