MAC Matte2 - Handwritten

4.7

on 7/20/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved this in the outer v with Cork in the crease and Orb as a wash for work, but found a better combo of ATG, Mulch, and Brun. I feel like this shows up more red or purple toned on me than it's supposed to. Won't repurchase because I much prefer Mulch and Brun on my NC25 skin.

Wow...this one is REALLY pigmented! This my first dark brown MAC shadow, and it's a chocolate brown with just the slightest hint of red. Very universal, goes with just about anything in your eye shadow collection! But I will warn you: If you're using this as a crease color, in the outer v, or as a liner, a little goes a LONG way! All I have to do is lightly tap my crease brush on the shadow and it's all I need!

on 7/4/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Handwritten is a very pigmented and blendable dark brown color. I use it in the outer corner and lightly in the crease together with Wedge in the crease, Goldmine and Ricepaper on the lid and Phloof or Nylon as highlighters. This is my favorite neutral look for my pale yellow-toned skin and hazel eyes.

on 6/25/2010 2:40:00 AM

Glad to find a dark brown matte shade that's blendable. Handwritten works really well as an outer lid/crease/liner color. It does show up slightly red, so it doesn't work as well as a brow shade for me. Overall, a good alternative to black.

on 5/19/2010 2:30:00 PM

I guess I'll add another positive review for this shadow! It's a matte dark brown that is on the warm side, and is heavily pigmented. Most of the matte browns I have tried are too cool-toned for me but this one is very flattering. I tend to have fairly oily lids and it doesn't crease on me. This works well as a liner/crease/outer v color...

on 5/12/2010 2:17:00 AM

Probably the best dark brown shade for me because it's warm. I love that it's very pigmented and blendable because I often rely on a shadow's blendability to fix my application mistakes.

on 4/22/2010 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

When I bought this, I was at the MAC counter, looking for the right dark brown shade... So, I swatched ... ehrr... Embark I think? Just a dark brown. Then I swatched Handwritten... It was sooo much smoother and nicer!
It blended way better, had a better colour pay-off.

I love it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite dark matte brown eyeshadow. I use it all the time to deepen my outer corners and smudge on my lower lash line for a smoky effect. It's my favorite brown b/c it is neither too warm nor cool but neutral. My go-to look is MAC Amber Lights all over the lid, Tete-A-Tint in the crease, and Handwritten in the outer corners and smudged on my lower lash line. I just love this look sooo much on my light brown eyes. I have hit pan on this one and I will definitely be repurchasing!!!

on 4/18/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Handwritten looks like brown with a hint of reddish tones in the pan. On my eyes Handwritten looks like it does in the pan but with a tinge of purple in addition to the reddish brown.

The texture of this shadow is super fine like other reviewers have mentioned, blends easily and lasts all day. For reference, I use UDPP and Soft Ochre under just about everything. The pigmentation is great so you won't need to pick a lot up on the brush. My favorite way to wear this is as a crease color and to line under my lashes.

Would re-purchase again, I think this is a staple color.

on 4/8/2010 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

On the fence with this. It is a chocolate brown but I feel there are hints of red undertones in it just b/c my eyes look kind of tired or weird if I use it smudged underneath or as an eyeliner. I used this on the brows of one of my red/burgundy-haired friends and she looked AMAZING so that makes me think there must be some red in this brown. I stick to using it in the crease ...too close to the eye and it might leave you just a tad zombie. I'm nc37 fyi and olive toned (my undertones might make a difference on how this reads too).

Top Rated MAC Products