July 28, 2014 | 1042 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Handwritten

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by hesperus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Handwritten is a very pigmented and blendable dark brown color. I use it in the outer corner and lightly in the crease together with Wedge in the crease, Goldmine and Ricepaper on the lid and Phloof or Nylon as highlighters. This is my favorite neutral look for my pale yellow-toned skin and hazel eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by jbojangles

Glad to find a dark brown matte shade that's blendable. Handwritten works really well as an outer lid/crease/liner color. It does show up slightly red, so it doesn't work as well as a brow shade for me. Overall, a good alternative to black.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by GinaM98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess I'll add another positive review for this shadow! It's a matte dark brown that is on the warm side, and is heavily pigmented. Most of the matte browns I have tried are too cool-toned for me but this one is very flattering. I tend to have fairly oily lids and it doesn't crease on me. This works well as a liner/crease/outer v color...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by bloodyroses

Probably the best dark brown shade for me because it's warm. I love that it's very pigmented and blendable because I often rely on a shadow's blendability to fix my application mistakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by kell479

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I bought this, I was at the MAC counter, looking for the right dark brown shade... So, I swatched ... ehrr... Embark I think? Just a dark brown. Then I swatched Handwritten... It was sooo much smoother and nicer!
It blended way better, had a better colour pay-off.

I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by sunkissedgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite dark matte brown eyeshadow. I use it all the time to deepen my outer corners and smudge on my lower lash line for a smoky effect. It's my favorite brown b/c it is neither too warm nor cool but neutral. My go-to look is MAC Amber Lights all over the lid, Tete-A-Tint in the crease, and Handwritten in the outer corners and smudged on my lower lash line. I just love this look sooo much on my light brown eyes. I have hit pan on this one and I will definitely be repurchasing!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Handwritten looks like brown with a hint of reddish tones in the pan. On my eyes Handwritten looks like it does in the pan but with a tinge of purple in addition to the reddish brown.

The texture of this shadow is super fine like other reviewers have mentioned, blends easily and lasts all day. For reference, I use UDPP and Soft Ochre under just about everything. The pigmentation is great so you won't need to pick a lot up on the brush. My favorite way to wear this is as a crease color and to line under my lashes.

Would re-purchase again, I think this is a staple color.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

On the fence with this. It is a chocolate brown but I feel there are hints of red undertones in it just b/c my eyes look kind of tired or weird if I use it smudged underneath or as an eyeliner. I used this on the brows of one of my red/burgundy-haired friends and she looked AMAZING so that makes me think there must be some red in this brown. I stick to using it in the crease ...too close to the eye and it might leave you just a tad zombie. I'm nc37 fyi and olive toned (my undertones might make a difference on how this reads too).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by iheartwarpaint

This is my favorite MAC e/s. I use it to smoke out my outer v or as an eyeliner. It's extremely pigmented so be sure to use a light hand and build up from there. It's not chalky at all and very easy to blend. My favorite combo for easy, smokey eyes when I don't have loads of time to do my m/u is bronze on the lid, handwritten on the outer v and brule as a highlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A beautiful dark brown eyeshadow. Texture amazing, easy to blend. Great for crease.