Nivea Refreshing Gel Cleanser

3.8

on 2/26/2007 11:36:00 PM

I'm kinda stuck on this one. I love the gel texture, and it doesn't foam too much that your skin feels really tight after. But I'm not entirely sure if my skin was even cleansed after I used it. I really wanted to like this product and this cleanser seemed to have good reviews. But I frankly am not sure this is my HG cleanser. I'm still trying to look for it, and would welcome any suggestions. I just want something that cleans well, has a gel/foam consistency and smells fresh and nice. This fulfils some of the criteria, but not all. It's just an okay cleanser.

on 2/15/2007 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i bought this to try based on the reviews here, because my current Fancl washing powder was finishing and i didn't feel like splurging another $25 for a cleanser that i'll use up in 3 months or less. (yes, you read right - i continued with the Fancl cleanser way past its 'expiry' date). Anyway, back to this Nivea Refreshing Water Gel Cleanser. Last evening i tried this, it left my face absolutely smooth and soft the first ten minutes after i rinsed it off, but ten minutes after washing, my skin was screaming for moisturizer. it felt so tight and taut. so i had to slather on a thick layer of cetaphil moisturizing cream to counteract the dryness. I tried the cleanser again this morning in the shower, and while it cleaned my cheek area well, the t-zone remained greasy to the feel. i had to use the gel 3 times before my forehead, nose and chin felt clean. I do have combination skin, but though this cleanser is meant specifically for 'normal to combination skin', it definitely isn't working too well on me. i may finish using up the tube, but i won't bother to repurchase again. I can't stand the smell either - probably because i've been using fragrance-free products on my face for quite some time. on with the search for another drugstore cleanser..

on 2/7/2007 4:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Update: Unfortunately this cleanser has been reformulated and made me break out, it was almost my HG product though :(

I love this cleanser, it doesn't leave a film on my face and it doesn't dry out my skin, cleanses very well.Though it is cheap, I have to use a large amount but this is the only downside for me.

amazing cleanser and also so cheap!!I have quite sensitive skin, combo- dry areas as well as oily t-zone and redness. Most wash off cleansers are so harsh on my skin and leave it dry and tight, I cant think of any specific ones now of the top of my head but i have tried a lot of HE stuff like EL and shiseido. I have been using Johnson & johnson's face wash (the makeup removing one with the blue beads!) and this was great but then i got a Boots 2.50 off Nivea voucher and this was the cheapest nivea product so i bought this! I just wanted to use up the voucher really and didnt have high hopes. BUT WOW. Firstly the scent is the original nivea scent which i really like! It removes all my make up, and the best bit....it leaves my skin SUPER SOFT.Gorgeously soft and smooth like no other cleanser has...ever!!!!and for 2.60!!! Love this

I LOVE THIS STUFF!! I'd been searching and searching for ages for a cleanser that wouldn't leave my sensitive skin tight or dry, and I finally found it in this little baby. I was skeptical that it would really do any "deep cleaning," but I'm happy to say that I was completely wrong. I love the soft, clean feel that this gives me, as well as the fact that I don't have to feel or smell traces of it later on. A great product!!

on 1/20/2007 3:31:00 PM

I really like this cleanser. It is not *as good* as the English equivalent, Nivea Visage Young Wash Off Cleansing Gel, but I still like it a lot. The scent is a little strong, but that washes off with the cleanser. It removes makeup - even heavy-duty creme makeup - easily and leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. Oh, and it's rather inexpensive. So, try it! If you don't like it, you've wasted only a few dollars! Oh, one thing: it comes out of the tube very quickly. To combat this, I lay the tube on its side (opposed to standing upright) on my bathroom counter. It's all a matter of gravity and physics, but it doesn't come rushing out of the tube *as quickly* as it would have if I had stood it upright.

on 12/28/2006 5:33:00 PM

Ok based on all the positive comments on this cleanser you talked me into it. Yes, it is a very good cleanser, low fragrance, & cheap price. Though no cleanser can compare to the Christian Dior one that I have but for those who don't want to spend $28 USD for a cleanser this is a good choice. And for those of you who said it dried your skin out well that's what a moisturizer is for, for heavens sake. I'm 53 & do not view this cleanser as overly drying & my skin type is normal. Afterall who washes their face & doesn't follow up with a moisturizer?

on 12/19/2006 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pretty good cleanser for normal/combination skin. This is the second bottle I've purchased, and it's good for removing make-up b/c of the soft gel texture, and it leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh. My only gripe, I wish this had some kind of BHA in it for exfoliation, then I wouldn't use anything else.

on 12/10/2006 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is not the best cleanser i've used. It's ok, but there are a few things i don't like about it. I'd have to agree with the reviewer below, in that it does feel kinda slimey when you use too much of it. Also, to remove eye makeup, you have to cleanse 2 or 3 times before it comes off. My face is dry these days so it can make my face feel a little tight afterwards. I can't really blame the product for that though, as i didn't realise it was for combination skin when i bought it. The scent is not bad. I find that i tend to reach for my other cleansers more than this one when it's time to wash my face, and i guess that indicates that this product is just not for me.

on 11/15/2006 9:52:00 PM

Not sure why anyone would put this crap on their face considering it contains sodium laureth sulfate (which is a detergent) as the third ingredient. Not only is it highly irritating and good at blocking pores, you may as well just wash your face with shampoo.

The only good thing about this product is it contains lots of glycerin for moisture.