BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 4/3/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great highlighter! When I apply it above me cheekbones, above my eyebrows and in my cupids bow, it definitely makes my face glow in a very nice way. When I stand under a light or in the sunlight, it really compliments my face. The best thing about it, is that it doesn't have loads of sparkle in it, much like the other highlighters I've tried. It doesn't make my face look like a unicorn threw up on it, which is great. It's also very easy to blend out, and just overall amazing. I got the sample along with posie tint (which I don't really use much) at ulta for $10, and it's lasted me a while so far. When I do run out, I'm not sure if I'll purchase the full size since it's so expensive, but I probably will since it's such a nice product. I would highly recommend.

on 3/28/2014 11:29:00 AM

A pearly-pink liquid-ish illuminator/ highlighter that comes in a bottle with a nail polish sort of applicator. A little goes a long way; a small amount of it is enough to give your entire face a subtle glow. I find the product to be a little overpriced but considering the amount of product you get versus the amount of product you use everyday, you will find yourself using it for years I'd dare say, so I believe it's worthied! The only downside for me is the packaging. I believe that they surely can come up with something better than a nail polish sort of brush for their bestseller, especially when it costs 30+ euro and customers have high expectations!

on 3/23/2014 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

MY STORY: I had a hard time deciding which highlighter should I buy (I know, stupid). There were rave reviews about Soft & Gentle, about Mary Lou Manizer, about High Beam, about Albatross, ... But, a blogger on youtube, who was comparing all her highlighters, made me buy Mary Lou Manizer. And I am happy I did. It's such a great yellowish champagne highlighter - really light reflecting, and not so day appropriate for some. Annnnd, eight months later, I started wanting a pink highlighter. Since non online-stores want to deliver Benefit to my country, and there's no MAC nor Sephora, when a friend of mine told me he's going to the States, I told him: buy High Beam.
I'm glad I've listened to all those rave reviews, though when I was testing it this summer in store, I wasn't convinced I had to have it.

COLOR: pink, similar to Naked Flushed
HIGHLIGHTING EFFECTS: metallic, no sparkle, medium to high notice-ability
LONGEVITY: survives whole day
YELLOW UNDERTONED GALS: goes nicely on my skintone*
APPLICATION: few dots, then buffing with a synthetic, very flexible brush
AMOUNT YOU GET: I thought it'll be smaller, it's quite big, will last me 3 lifetimes
PACKAGING: cheap and luxurious at the same time, practical, wish it was more like Touche Eclat - like a nail polish bottle, the brush doesn't go all the way down to bottom, not is it flexible enough to touch the inner sides of the container
FOUNDATION: doesn't 'eats-up' the foundation on the places where you blend it in (eg. Inglot's liquid highlighters and blushes remove my underneath foundations); haven't mixed my foundation w/ it (I have oily-combinations skin)
DAY APPROPRIATE: yes
EYE-FRIENDLY: n/a

I like it more than NARS' Copacabana. Copacabana is sheerer, has silver sparkle and is less metallic. High beam is more pigmented, saturated. I would go for high beam, if I had to chose which one to buy.

* atm: Bourjois 51, MAC NC15, MUFE 117, Chanel B10

on 3/19/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Super-model in a bottle - oh yes! High-beam I love you.....Try it and fall in love with a perfect highlighter!

on 3/10/2014 3:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I don't see why everyone is raving about this highlighter? I think it is too subtle to even notice. I much prefer Benefit's Watts Up cream stick highlighter which gives you a gorgeous golden glow and blends beautifully. I won't be wasting my money on High Beam again.

on 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of my favorite highlighters now after receiving it in a sample kit with Posetint. It's a milky pink color that is not shimmery or glittery. It's more of a satin highlighter that i find perfect because I am closing in on 40 and do not like that overdone highlight look.

It's very natural and subtle. It looks awesome layered with Posetint. BTW, I own the dupe for this ELF Facial Whip in Lilac and it is spot on. So if you don't wanna spend the money on Benefit, check out the ELF one for $1.

on 3/4/2014 11:34:00 AM

Easy to apply and give makeup highlight a new name!

Definetely a must-have. Brightens up the whole face drastically. Application is also easy and blends well. I love using high beam as my brow bone highlighter too.

on 2/28/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff. Works well on my light skin. I use a tiny bit under my eyes and blend it down into my blush. That really helps give me that air brush look. I also use it on my brow bone. I don't find it to be sparkly or too shimmery. Doesn't give me a frosted look either. It just gives me a little light right where I need it. Good stuff and lasts through the day.

on 2/15/2014 9:45:00 AM

for some reason I kept buying these benefit liquid tints and complexion highlighters until I now have them all. I thought there must be something great that they cost so much. ...unless u don't use any foundations this doesn't really do anything because putting powder over covers it up and putting it over powder or liquid foundation ruins your finish.

on 2/9/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product will give you a light pinkish-white sheen and isn't glittery at all! I like to use this at the corners of my eyes and on the top of my lips (cupidsbow) but on my cheeks this can be to white and frosty for my NC30 skin. I also don't like the packaging you cannot get the last bit of product out, because the brush does not reach the bottom or the sides so a lot of product goes to waste. It's not a bad product just bad packaging and not suitable for my skintone I prefer to use Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl which is a better match for me!

Video Reviews & Tutorials