Paula's Choice All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

3.8

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (Light Cream: 12.67%; Nude: 12.4%; Sand: 12.18%; Wheat: 11.83%; Fawn: 11.14%). Other Ingredients: Water, Isohexadecane (thickener/texture enhancer), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Silica (absorbent silicone), Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate (skin conditioning agent), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol (silicone emollient), Hexyl Laurate (emulsifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidant), Polysorbate 80 (thickener), Polyethylene (film-former/slip agent), Alumina (opacifying agent), Magnesium Sulfate (thickener), Aluminum Stearate (thickeners), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickener), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben (all preservatives). May Contain: Iron Oxides (mineral pigments).

on 1/19/2006 1:36:00 PM

This is one of the better medium coverage foundations I've tried. I have to be careful not to apply very much of this or I feel like I'm wearing a mask, which is the case for me with all foundations except for sheer TMs (which I prefer). It is rather thick looking right out of the tube, but it blends easily with a makeup sponge. It would be the perfect color for me if they made a shade between 'Sand' and 'Wheat", but either of these colors still look good on their own.

on 1/13/2006 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Let me start out by saying I have tried them ALL..foundations that is!!
Chanel, Lancome, Prescriptives, CD, BB, MAC, Stila, Clarins, EL, Clinique.
None looks any beter than PC...in Sand. The coverage is light, but covers, is a flattering neutral shade, no pinks or yellow undertones in it, and it has an SPF.
I'll continue to use this until I find a better one!!!

on 11/21/2005 3:36:00 PM

I returned this product after ordering it in nude. I liked the color and found it to be very natural but, I did not like the coverage. Coverage was very thin/sheer even after applying twice. If you like sheer makeup this is a great choice because it contains 12% titanium dioxide! But, I want more coverage and the representative at Paula's Choice did not make it clear that this makeup is light/sheer. I wont buy it again, but, I would recommend it to my friends who want light coverage. The packaging is great-very hygenic. The price is reasonable considering the great sunscreen.

on 11/13/2005 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this foundation in a sample in the color Nude. I was very impressed by the color as it was so neutral toned. So many foundations have a pink or orange cast to them, and this one had a nice even neutral color. Althogh Nude was slightly too light (I think Sand would have been better), I loved the way it looked on me, it totally just melted into my skin without any mark of demarcation on my jaw and no streaks. It had a very creamy consistency, which blended right in. It did not sit on my skin like some foundations do, so I didn't even feel like I was wearing makeup. However, Paula is not telling the truth when she says this is a light to medium coverage foundation. I'd say it's more of a light coverage, don't expect any blemishes to be even faitnly covered. All this will do is even out your skintone to a wonderful neutral shade, but thats it and you wont feel makeupy.

on 10/22/2005 4:06:00 PM

Thank god I got this as a free sample instead of wasting my money on a full size tube! This was so thick and difficult to spread when I put it on... very sticky and not blendable at all... I used my foundation brush to apply it and it still turned out bad. God knows what it would have looked like if I tried to use my fingers or a sponge... my guess is a streaky horrible mess. After the difficult application I was left with a thick, heavy, masklike layer of goop all over my face. I waited to see if it would sink into my skin and look more natural.. but it never did and I eventually had to wash it off before I went out of the house. Normally i'm impressed with products from Paula's line... I enjoy using her skincare and brushes but unfortunatley her makeup just isn't for me.

on 10/20/2005 9:12:00 PM

I received a sample of this in Wheat along with an order and I have to say that the shade is PERFECT on me! Best match I've ever gotten and I've tried Armani, Becca, Chanel, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, MAC...you name it! I also found the formula to be quite nice! It's working fantastically now that the warmer weather has passed (it was a bit too moisturizing for Summer wear). That being said, I can certainly see where many would have an issue with the shade selection! I normally wear MAC NC25/30, Laura Mercier Warm Ivory (a hair too light), Bobbi Brown Sand (again, just a teeny hair too light), Becca Tahini, and Armani LSF 4.5. I would consider myself a light skinned person, yet I'm wearing a shade that Paula's website states is for medium to tan skintones! The shade selection is tiny. With only 5 shades to choose from, many will be left out. However, If you are a person with a pale to medium complexion that is truly neutral (not warm or cool), you might find something you like here. I know I did:) continued >>

on 10/20/2005 2:27:00 AM

Very good for dry skin!!
Highly recommended

on 10/4/2005 1:15:00 AM

I need a very light-colored foundation, and Cream is the perfect color for me. I also prefer a non-chemical sunscreen, so the titanium dioxide sunscreen is great, too. The coverage isn't as great as advertised, however, unless you really cake the stuff on, in which case it'll slip and slide and settle into pores and lines. Also, the packaging is just awful. It's incredibly hard to dispense exactly the right amount, so you end up wasting about a quarter of the tube (it's a short, squarish, very flat tube, with a very small nozzle opening at the top). It's not horrible, but it's not worth going out of your way for.

on 9/11/2005 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation, l use the Sand colour and it's a perfect match for my skin.
My only problem with this product is the packing, if you squeeze out too much product, it goes to waste as you can't put it back.

I have normal/combo skin my t-zone oily and my cheeks dry in the winter months, and l find it a fantastic foundation for my skin.

Have gone and tried other foundations but l keep coming back to this one.

Have found a solution to the packaging. Had an empty pump moisturiser bottle, l now put the foundation in this bottle, can control the pump for exact product required and can also see exactely how much l have left.

on 8/4/2005 12:01:00 AM

The quality of this foundation is superb--creamy and blends in easily. It also has a good broad-spectrum, titanium-oxide based sunscreen, another plus. HOWEVER, I think Paula might have made some tweaks to her colors, for the worse. In the samples I tried 6 months ago, wheat was a perfect match and very NEUTRAL. However, the wheat I received was obviousl pink, and goes on with a pink undertone! Why oh why?? This is not preferred to my favorite, Stila illuminating foundation in 30 wats, which IS trule neutral.