July 24, 2014 | 2245 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Deluxe Shadow Box

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Deluxe Palette is an excellent way to have the majority of the Deluxe eyeshadows all in one small case. This palette definitely is not for those shy of bright colors; though there are a couple neutrals in Shag, a coppery bronze, Underground, a light taupe/bronzey shade and Zero, a creamy black. I am a big fan of purple so I am glad to see two completely different shades in Fishnet, a pinkish purple with a blue sheen and Ransom, a bluish purple. Scratch is a light pinkish nearly champagne color that I find pairs well with all the other shadows in this palette. The bright grass green Graffiti pairs well with Honey, a yellowed gold, and Peace, a light sky blue. All the shadows go on smoothly and are easily buildable and blendable, and of course very pigmented. All the shades have a sheen rather than any shimmer or glitter. I really like the velvet covering on this, and if I start to find a bit of cat hair stuck to it I take a lint brush and wam bam its all clean!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by KingBooII

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Deluxe Shadow Box is a very good palette. All the colors are pigmented, smooth, and very frosty, but seem to need UDPP for truly excellent coverage and wear. The colors are Zero (black), Graffiti (brightened grass green), Peace (vivid, deepened sky blue), Ransom (deep bluish purple), Fishnet (purplish hot pink with violet sheen, probably with sheerest of the bunch), Honey (bright, slightly yellow gold), Shag (really beautiful rosy gold; reminds me a bit of a slightly lighter version of MAC Woodwinked), Scratch (pale, coppery pinkish), and Underground (bronzey taupe). All of the neutrals are gorgeous on and make sense in the context of the palette, but I think a the brights could have been tied in better. That said, each eyeshadow is very pretty and usable, and I have gotten use out of each of the colors. I'd highly recommend the Deluxe Shadow Box to someone who has a small to moderate makeup collection, and is looking for variety both in neutrals and bright colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by tifferifficxo

i had been eyeing this palette for awhile before i finally got it. the bright, shimmery colors were absolute eye candy to me. i love everything about this palette except for one thing--the fallout, especially when it comes to Fishnet & Ransom. i was really looking forward to those two because i didn't have anything like those colors in my collection. it is possible to work with them though, just by foiling. besides that, the rest of the colors are amazing & a dream to blend. Peace & Graffiti are great for that pop of color on your eyes. the three neutrals--Shag, Scratch & Underground--are perfect for those subdued days. Honey is a lovely gold. even though i wish it were matte & more pigmented, Zero is a nice, satin-y black. while i love the packaging, i think it the price is a bit much for what you get. regardless, i'm really happy with the palette & would recommend it to the bright-eyed gals :]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by omgitstephy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this was my first makeup pallet ever and i loved it! great start for me a few years ago when i just started in makeup. i absolutely adored this pallet! the colors are extremely pigmented and the shadows are just so soft and smooth its just amazing. you gotta be careful with fall out though but thats about it. the packaging is gorgeous being a bright purple color with the metal detail on the front. only complaing about the packaging is that the velvet tends to get pretty dirty. i wish there was a way to clean it :[

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by kbeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love love this particular palette. This is where i discovered Ransom, which is my favorite urban decay shadow. but the other 8 shades are so pretty and texture of them are almost kinda creamy. awesome day time looks and night!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by UrbanBabe

I love this palette!
Fishnet- Purple with pink iridescence in it
Honey- Yellow/gold. Im cool/neutral and this works well (NW20) since it isnt that warm toned
Ransom- a pretty cornflower color, although it tends to look more purple once on
Graffiti- Amazing green! its bright, but not neon.
Zero- Really unique since its a black w iridescence. No glitter, no shimmer, just sheen. I love pure black && this tends to look "off black" in some lighting
Peace- Super bright blue! My fav shade. Goes awesome with Graffiti

there are also 3 neutrals in this palette. I dont remember the names but im not a fan of neutrals, but they are pigmented and smooth, like all these shade in the deluxe box. TBH, i dont think id buy this again since some colors dont get enough love. I know ill buy a full size of peace & graffiti for sure, but everything else i could live without (altho i still love and use them)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by 88porsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this palette, beautiful colors and they look great on! Very vibrant and long lasting when worn with the primer potion :D The palette is really cute too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by EmilyKaulitz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I adore this palette! If you like bright colors, you have to give this palette a try. Instead of buying all the invidual eyeshadows for $17 a piece I recieved the palette, which I prefer because it is way cheaper for all the colors you get.

The colors are so bright and intense. Thankfully, there are some neutrals in there so you don't have to worry if you don't like intense colors. The eyeshadows last forever, and never crease on me when I wear TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mei696

<3 this pallett; i adore the colour Underground. I could just wear it alone and it still make it extremely pretty! i just been wearing that recently,maybe because its a pretty summery colour! that i cud put off;; the colour for UD is amazing..they have shimmer which i do love in eye shadow. I do think that these r the best eye shadow there is out there, that brings u colour. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by anodien1983

This is one of the best shadow boxes I have ever used! Bought it about a week ago and already used it lots of times! The colors are intense and they stay on perfect and silky!

The packaging is really nice with a velvety purple surface enlaced with metal.

Kind of pricey in general (I got it on sale) but well worth the money!

The only downside is that they do not ship to Greece (where I live, was in London on holiday when I bought it) so I'll have to have a friend buy it there and send it to me which is a real bummer...