November 24, 2014 | 2104 users online

Powder - Sephora - Matifying Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Rkhan715

I love this. It can be applied wet or dry depending on coverage (wet gives more coverage). I am a NC25 with yellow undertones and i was correctly matched with D25. I have a lot of post acne marks on my light skin which are visible. I usually always have to put on concealer to hid them, however, with this powder i dont. I always put it on wet and use the sponge that came with it or one of those wedges and just tap on the areas that i need more coverage. I dont use a brush because even though you can wet the brush...the coverage is good but enough for me. The sephora girl told me not to wet the sponge because it will make the powder wet which is bad...i do it anyway cuz thats the way i put it on and it works beautifully. All the other wet dry foundations let you do that so i dunno why sephora's is different. I then use a powder brush (ecotools) to blend it. Your face doesnt look cakey or overdone. i love it. i wish it was a little bit less money though.

coverage is medium to full.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ladydino

This product has cornstarch which will feed the bacteria on acne prone skin! I didn't notice that until after I bought it, so I will not be using it. Other than that -I tried it on in the store and it looked ok, but when I tried it again at home with fresh makeup it looked cakey and terrible it is cheap on the level of covergirl..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used to use MUFE Duo Mat but it was a bit expensive and it didn't stay on all day. So when I saw this compact, I thought it would make a nice replacement since it's cheaper and Sephora.com's description on it said it gave full coverage. I gave it a try and I thought it was only ok. I use Duo Mat 202 and I was matched with D25, which is a yellow-undertone color. The color match was pretty good. The finish is matte but can be a bit cakey if you put on too much. It can also accentuate dry patches so users with dry skin should defintely avoid this. The coverage was decent, medium to almost-full which would have been perfect except it didn't stay on very well. It only lasted a few hours, maybe less than 5 but defintely less than Duo Mat so that was a bit disappointing. I might repurchase this if I can't find something better. Thinking of trying MAC's studio fix next!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

after awhile holy-grailing revlon's mineral powder foundation (040) ....i just wanted a swift switch to something more compact to carry. saw sephora's pressed mineral powder foundation...got excited, bought it and realised at home that i had instead bought Mattifying Powder Foundation due to the rushing!! so i wasn't thrilled about this product :(
in D25, a yellow-tinged hue (im usually a mac NC25 : broke me out) suprisingly, it blended so well into my own skincolour...something which is new to me, as I normally buy pink-tinged powders. it covers well, and by mid-day...my usual oily & blotchy-coloured paches is not even there. it had only been 2 days wearing this, and i just had to review in appreciation of this product! also, i need not touch up till end of the day : 6pm. how long-wearing is that? it scores well on price, basic performance, altho the compact sucks...it will make up well for being a true basic.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by itstihu

I was eager to buy this because it was only $7 and it seemed to have good ratings. When I did try it, the coverage was not that great. The lady at Sephora did warn me that this is only sheer coverage. That it is meant to apply after the makeup is put on (foundation etc.) and used to keep the makeup in place. And I thought that sounded like a good idea, so I bought it. I don't know about how it covers up blemishes and such....because I really think my foundation took care of that. I suppose it does cover whatever my foundation missed when I applied it on. Anyway, it was not a bad buy, since it was $7. And I can understand everyone's concern about the packaging, but since it's so sheer, is it that important to have a mirror? Plus, when I put on makeup, there is usually a huge mirror nearby. Buy again? Yes, only if it's $7...if not, maybe no...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by TiffeeezyxPinay

So, I have bought this product twice but, never again. My first one broke and my second one broke. Sephora's packaging is the most unreliable packaging i've tried. I had their concealer palette and blush and foundation powder. Each one had the top lid pop off. I can't be the way i handle them because all my other products in a compact are fine.

This product is not meant for dry skin ! It will show it very clearly unless useing and fabulous moisturizer. I actually wanted to call this my holy grail till everything started coming clear. I usually use the pad that comes with and never noticed but, it makes yur face super caking looking. It also should be used to set any foundaion unless looking for a think coverage that makes your face look cakey and just ugly. Using a brush to it makes it very powdery. The color selection is great. Since it's at sephora they let you try it on and find your shade. But, overall, This product is alright. I dont plan on buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Bnr09

I agree on alot of these posts.. It is a wonderful powder but NOT a setting powder!!! I use Revlon colorstay/Photo ready & if i set it with this powder it gets so cakey especially on my forehead.. other than that.. it is wonderful! I have re purchased this like 5x

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by runpuri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very nice powder foundation. It covered very well and mattifyes ok. DO NOT use as a setting powder though! well, not over med-heavy coverage liquid foundations like revlon colorstay. it makes it look cakey and just too heavy. I like this just over concealer or touchups. It has silica so it's suppose to control oil very well but I assume it has very little silica since it doesnt mattify for more than 2-3 hours. Maybe it's just me.

This does emphasize fine lines and flakiness,so stay away if you have dry skin!

Overall, I do like it. If I dont find another powder, I will purshase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by gaucho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this product for its supposedly "mattifying" effect. It didn't live up to its name at all, and left my skin shiny after a few hours. It actually has a finish more like a liquid make-up; I felt like even after I had just applied it, I needed to set it with a little bit of powder. It also made my pores look huge, and got a little cakey after a couple of touch-ups. It just doesn't have a natural finish, and looks really "makeup-y," for lack of a better word. Wearing it made me feel self-conscious about my face, which is never a good sign. It's going back!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by iLoveU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my first powder foundation... still love it.