August 21, 2014 | 1012 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by HNA

I purchased a sample on eBay and oh my goodness I've finally found the PERFECT foundation for me. It really does look like skin!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous love it. Although it didn't cover up one or two red blemishes I had on my chin that doesn't matter at all nothing a little bit of concealer couldn't fix. It's a sheer foundation anyway. I will definitely be purchasing the full bottle. Just melts into the skin I apply it with a sponge or fingers. Haven't tried it with a brush yet. Love the colour too. If you like lightweight foundations and you don't require a lot of coverage just skin evened out then this is the one for you!! Like the finish too it's not too dewy and it's not matte. Inbetween the two I would say

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by BlondeInTheCity

Natural looking foundation which gives a gorgeous glow. Face and Body gives sheer coverage but is also surprisingly buildable to a medium finish. The formula took a little time to get used to as the liquid is thin, although I have found that working the foundation in my hands before application thickens it a little and saves too much buffing when on the skin. I find F&B to be good value when bought in 120ml as a little really goes a long way. The shade range isn't quite as extensive as in other MAC products (I'm N1) although you could always blend with white if very fair. Also great for photography as it doesn't contain SPF. My favourite for light and natural makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by ashaleyyy101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for a base foundation after primer. Then set with another heavily foundation or powder.
Although I find mac very heavy on the skin, if you are acne prone then i would suggest only using MAC when going out/special occasions etc. I used it everyday and it made me break out.. bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by starstruck82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this foundation! Before deciding to buy this foundation i got several samples of different foundations and I ended up forgetting about them and used up all of the F&B sample and then bought it! yep thats how much I loved it. I really hate the look+feel of full coverage cakey foundations and was looking for a light, dewy, looks like skin type of foundation and this meets that standard. Al ot of people say this only works for people with almost perfect skin but seeing as I have a lot of acne scars, discoloration, I simply use a full coverage concealer and then follow with 1-2 layers of F&B and it is the perfect amount of coverage for me. It photographs amazingly, looks very natural, and feels so light on the skin. It does have a shiny finish to it, so you might have to powder afterwards!

The shade I use is C4 (I'm a NC42) but its a tad light and would say C5 is definitely a better match for me. I know people either hate it or love it, but that depends on what your looking for and what you like... if you don't like light coverage foundations that you obviously won't like this. If you'd like to see before/after pics of me wearing this check: http://missrubyroo.blogspot.ca/2014/04/mac-face-and-body-foundation-in-c4.html

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Alisonswindells

This is the first foundation I bought. I wanted something light on my skin which gave me a little coverage but made my skin look glowy. I went to the mac counter and they advised me to try this, I've never stopped using it! It's very liquidy, but gives a very natural look and it's impossible to tell that you're actually wearing something. I don't have problematic skin so this is perfect for me, but if you have spots I would recommend maybe trying a higher coverage foundation or investing in a good concealor.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a strange foundation... I bought it a few years ago, couldn't make it work and gave it to my sister. After years, I got it again and am still in the process of discovering how to use it properly... First, you get a coverage with probably a third layer. Not with the first one, and not with the second one, although the second layer will make your skin look better (and it photographs nice). I put one layer of C3 and it serve as a tool to make my face look like part of my body colorwise (as my face is much lighter due to exfoliation). It replaces a self tanner, and stays put all day. It is invisible in day light - even if you put many layers, even on your neck - this is the beauty of it. It takes, however, lots of time, to work with it - if you want to cover blemishes or scars. You can put another foundation, with more coverage, on top though. I think, every one needs some time to discover how to make this stuff work... Patience is the key.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by bowlspice

Been using this foundaton for about 6 months now. Even though its low coverage the 120ml gives you 4 times the ammount of normal foundations. As i like to have quite natural skin i put one layer of this on and then another layer just in areas of redness. Its dewy finish but i love because i put on powder and still leaves me with a natural glow. Lasts long, smells really nice but nothing harsh. My only con is the shade range isnt the best. I use c1 which is at the lightest. I am quite pale but not really pale and its a tiny bit too dark. Its ok once i apply a light powder though. You can always buy face and body in white aswell to lighten it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by laurahx0

PROS:
-Texture isn't to thick
-A large amount of product for your money
-Good for everyday as it isn't heavy at all
-Large amount of colour range
-Great if you have normalish skin!

CONS:
-Not great on oily or problem skin as it is extremely sheen and can be extremely dewy
-Has broken me out a few times
-I sometimes find it a little too runny

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Enchantingirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great Foundation. Sheer but, very buildable. I am C3 in this Foundation and it goes perfect with my skin. The awesome thing about this foundation is even if i go tanner i can still wear this foundation without it looking harsh on me! It is so perfect! and for the price you get an amazing quantity. It gives a nice glow which I love!! and It does not need a powder to set! after application give it 5-10 minutes to sink in and it sets! The place i belong to is extremely hot and humid almost throughout the year and this so far hasn't budged! stays on perfect, doesn't oxidise or melts! and it is not at all heavy! Just perfect, In love with this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with rosacea. My skin has cleared up significantly of late and I was hoping to try some lighter coverage foundations instead of sticking to the usual Estee Lauder Double Wear or Dior Forever Flawless. I soon found out that this foundation was not for me...

[ PROS ]
- Very natural looking finish that can be built up to medium coverage
- Good range of shades to choose from
- Easy to apply (fingers, beauty blender, flat-top kabuki all worked great)
- Did not highlight dry patches like NARS Sheer Glow
- Only needed to blot around the nose area ~4 hours in if set with a powder beforehand
- Convenient packaging

[ CONS ]
- Broke me out after 6 hours of wear the first day (it never got better after testing it out for a few more days): rosacea worsened and I got pimples where I hadn't in a long time
- Oxidized so so so much! C1 matched amazingly well when applied, but within 30 minutes to 1 hour, it became about 2 shades darker ... it almost looked like a fake orange tan

While there are many great qualities, the two major cons are definitely deal breakers. I would definitely not recommend this to people with highly sensitive skin or very light skin tones! :(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No