January 29, 2015 | 1937 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Very pigmented, good for brow bone, as a base, and for inner eye highlight. I like it as a matte highlight option, when I do not want too much schimmer or glitter, this works very well, comes across very natural. Wakes up the sleepy eye instantly. However, this color is not unique, and you can find good cheaper alternatives with WNW or NYX.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by irrelevantindian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Blanc Type has been my go-to, Holy Grail eyeshadow ever since I got it as my first MAC product in seventh grade. It's the perfect neutral matte lid colour for my pale NC15 skin. It's a dash too light for me almost, but that makes my eyes look absolutely huge. You can pair it with any crease or outer corner colour and it looks fantastic; it works wonders as a powder base over primer to help blend. I even use it as a highlight once in a blue moon just to put a skintone colour in the inner corner when the makeup doesn't call for a traditional highlight.
I've been using this for two years, have gone through three pans of it, and I have a love affair with this eyeshadow.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by pkcatalina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had so many shimmer shades and lacking matte neutrals. I initially had Orb, but it just didn't provide enough contrast on my NW20 skin tone. This makes a really good base for other shades. I also picked up Wedge for in the crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Cyerie

From the permanent line.

This will be the MAC eyeshadow I finish first. Matte^2 is some of the best eyeshadow ever made--it's smooth, soft, easy to apply, and a dream to blend. You seriously cannot make a mistake applying this eyeshadow. The color is very light and around NW 15. I used to use this as a lid color with bamboo in the crease and black or brown eyeliner, but I've been using it more as a highlight lately. No shimmer in this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by lwsege

Inspire by its smoothness when applying. Matte2 is awesome! However, this appear to be not so standout from my NC10-15 skintone. I will said a dupe for this will be Inglot M351, they are about the same. I like the texture and everything, i.e. lasting power, no chalkiness, natural-look. However, it just didn't show up enough for my fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite week-day brow highlight. It's matte so it's office appropriate and it's just light enough to highlight without being too bright. I bought Blanc Type and Brule at the same time because I really couldn't decide which one to get. Most people seemed to favor Brule but I've tended to use Blanc type far more often. I'm NW20 - NW25 for reference.

This shadow has good texture and good pigmentation. I can get a wash of color with a fluff brush or heavier coverage with a flat brush - it just depends on what I'm trying to do. It's also pigmented enough to help blend out mistakes or harsh lines.

I've already repurchased and expect that I will again as needed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ceruleanblue95

This is an amazing highlight and blending out color because it is so pigmented, and only half a shade lighter than my actual skin tone. This eyeshadow is extremely creamy and crazy pigmented. Huge Yay from me. It's so much better than Brule, and it's a staple for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC Blanc Type (0.05 oz and $14.50 usd) is a matte soft vanilla beige color. It applies very smooth and buttery compare to other MAC eyeshadow. This is a good lid highlight powder or all over the lid for a subtle look. On my nc 40 skin, it looks harsh with the creamy beige color that does not look natural like MAC shroom does. Overall, this is a great color because the application is smooth and easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Blanc Type is my favorite matte highlighting shade. It blends right into my skin thus making it very versatile as a highlighter, to blend out any harsh lines and to soften any eye shadow that's to intense. Best decision I've ever made when it comes to eye shadows! Will repurchase for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Because my skin is so fair, most light beige-y eyeshadows don't show up on my skin (i.e. Brule).
Blanc Type is a perfect pale eye shadow that shows up but isn't white. I will never be without it.