November 27, 2014 | 967 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Constructivist

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm so excited to have this on hand - I can't believe it took me so long to get it. I'm a deep brown smoky eyes kind of gal, day or night, and having Constructivist - a medium to deep chocolate brown with hints of taupe and purple - as the base just gives my eyes that much more ooomph and added sultriness. Currently, I love wearing it with Wet n Wild's Nutty shadow. Instant sexy eye!

The only drawback, if there is one, is that this particular Paint Pot is slightly dryer than others and just a tad bit tougher to blend. But since it's simply my base, I don't care about perfection in application, because it's blended in with powder shadows. If you don't have this yet, run and get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by teach2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't buy this for a while because I already had Indianwood and didn't think it would make a big enough difference. Boy, was I wrong. This looks so beautiful beneath MAC bronzy brown eyeshadows like Mulch, Sable, and Bronze. It makes the eyeshadows that I use on top look much more vibrant without changing the color. Don't sleep on this beautiful color!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by erinoxnam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this paint pot! Probably my favourite out of the 4 I own. It's such a deep, warm brown and it provides a great base for any smoky eye. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Edit: I've collected a few cream shadows now and I notice that constructivist doesnt have a great staying power esp in this summer weather (but I always UDPP first). and it also balls up a little while blending. I still love the color, just wish the formula was longer lasting. Taking away 1 lippy!

Probably my favourite paintpot. Other paintpots are very light and used more as a base/primer but this is a very nice medium/dark brown that makes brown smoky eyes super easy. It's a shimmery medium/deep drown with hints of purple, red and ash in it. It basically shows on ur skin the way it looks in the pot.
Just spread a little on the lid, blend it out with fingertips and you got your brown smoky in seconds! and of course being a paintpot, the color stays on forever.
I LOVE this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is awesome when you use it all over your crease and take it up a bit, with Groundwork on the browbone to highlight. I use Almost Noir on the crease and allow it dry (Over Constructivist PP), then use my finger to rub (very lightly...not smudge) over my crease...POP!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Agent_Fang

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a deep colour that goes on the eye with the same depth you see in the pot. It's a cream, but not a particularly fluid one, it feels quite firm in the pot and I find I'm blotting it onto my eyelid as opposed to sliding it - it means it stays where you put it though.

The colour is great and I'm definitely going to buy more of these - I have contact lenses and find a lot of powders get in my eyes and cause irritation - cream shadows are more forgiving.

I'd previously used Dior's cream eyeshadows (Eye Show) but think these are slightly better quality. The pot is quite big - and heavy, because it's glass not plastic - so you do get a lot for the price, which makes me feel better about spending 13.00. It's worth it if you're going to have it for everyday use. My only criticism of this range is that is MAC don't have more colour variation - I'd love them to do a plum colour similar to Sketch in their power eyeshadow range.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lovepotion18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this color! It's a rich brown. Great for neutral looks and even brown smokey eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:59:00 AM More reviews by swallydbrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG! If you have not yet purchased a Paintpot by MAC - DO IT! They are amazing products. You can use them as an eyeshadow base, or by themselves. Constructivist is a gorgeous brown, plum, taupe colour.
-The staying power is AMAZING. - Lasts all day. Great stuff

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice shimmery neutral brown that doesn't budge once applied. I use these as eyeliners and apply them with an eyeliner brush. I even put it on my lower lashline, where almost any waterproof formula ends up not being able to hold up but I have to say, paint pots have the best budge-proof formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by shocker99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG Eyeshadow for me. If I'm in a rush in the morning I just dab a little on my eye with my finger, line with black liner and throw on some mascara. and my make up doesn't budge all day. You can put it on heavy or light and it will look good. Im a professional office worker so I dont get to have too much fun with make up, however this is a great color and I always get compliments even when it's all I have on. the best part is it doesn't budge!!! I love the fact that because of this stuff I can have a nice eye in 30 seconds. I pray to god they never discontinue. I will probably lock myself in a room and morn for a few days if they do.