MAC Paint Pot - Constructivist

4.5

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

a gorgeous, gorgeous deep rich brown that wears well. i love with my mac satin taupe eyeshadow. it's makes a nice even, neutral base on my lids when i want brown all over. it's super creamy and it stays all day (seriously!)

on 6/15/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

this is love <3 hah, i wear it everyday, it matches my skintone so so well. when i run out, i'm getting it again, even if i barely have the money for it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This eyeshadow is the best brown shadow i ever had. it does not crease at all. it stays on all day. You can apply it with a special brush or with your fingers. And the color is amazing!

on 5/18/2010 3:27:00 PM

I'm so excited to have this on hand - I can't believe it took me so long to get it. I'm a deep brown smoky eyes kind of gal, day or night, and having Constructivist - a medium to deep chocolate brown with hints of taupe and purple - as the base just gives my eyes that much more ooomph and added sultriness. Currently, I love wearing it with Wet n Wild's Nutty shadow. Instant sexy eye!

The only drawback, if there is one, is that this particular Paint Pot is slightly dryer than others and just a tad bit tougher to blend. But since it's simply my base, I don't care about perfection in application, because it's blended in with powder shadows. If you don't have this yet, run and get it!

on 5/1/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I didn't buy this for a while because I already had Indianwood and didn't think it would make a big enough difference. Boy, was I wrong. This looks so beautiful beneath MAC bronzy brown eyeshadows like Mulch, Sable, and Bronze. It makes the eyeshadows that I use on top look much more vibrant without changing the color. Don't sleep on this beautiful color!

on 4/26/2010 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love this paint pot! Probably my favourite out of the 4 I own. It's such a deep, warm brown and it provides a great base for any smoky eye. Would definitely repurchase.

on 4/24/2010 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: I've collected a few cream shadows now and I notice that constructivist doesnt have a great staying power esp in this summer weather (but I always UDPP first). and it also balls up a little while blending. I still love the color, just wish the formula was longer lasting. Taking away 1 lippy!

Probably my favourite paintpot. Other paintpots are very light and used more as a base/primer but this is a very nice medium/dark brown that makes brown smoky eyes super easy. It's a shimmery medium/deep drown with hints of purple, red and ash in it. It basically shows on ur skin the way it looks in the pot.
Just spread a little on the lid, blend it out with fingertips and you got your brown smoky in seconds! and of course being a paintpot, the color stays on forever.
I LOVE this!

on 4/19/2010 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is awesome when you use it all over your crease and take it up a bit, with Groundwork on the browbone to highlight. I use Almost Noir on the crease and allow it dry (Over Constructivist PP), then use my finger to rub (very lightly...not smudge) over my crease...POP!!

on 2/12/2010 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a deep colour that goes on the eye with the same depth you see in the pot. It's a cream, but not a particularly fluid one, it feels quite firm in the pot and I find I'm blotting it onto my eyelid as opposed to sliding it - it means it stays where you put it though.

The colour is great and I'm definitely going to buy more of these - I have contact lenses and find a lot of powders get in my eyes and cause irritation - cream shadows are more forgiving.

I'd previously used Dior's cream eyeshadows (Eye Show) but think these are slightly better quality. The pot is quite big - and heavy, because it's glass not plastic - so you do get a lot for the price, which makes me feel better about spending 13.00. It's worth it if you're going to have it for everyday use. My only criticism of this range is that is MAC don't have more colour variation - I'd love them to do a plum colour similar to Sketch in their power eyeshadow range.

on 1/28/2010 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this color! It's a rich brown. Great for neutral looks and even brown smokey eyes.

Top Rated MAC Products