April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Garnier - Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it's a great undereye moisturizer, however, it does not do very much, if anything for my wrinkles and dark circles.
the only reason i wont purchase it again, not even as a great moisturizer, is because under the eye is fine but when i put it on my lid it become red, swollen, and itchy. i'm sure it is this product that did that as i changed nothing else in my skincare/make up regime. i even stopped applying it to the top lid, waited like a month, then tried it again, still red, swollen and itchy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by blessed11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product was disappointing to me. It's okay for just moisture, but it did nothing for darkness, puffiness, wrinkles, etc. even after 2 months of usage! :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually hate anything or product that comes in a jar for hygienic purposes. I really needed to find a new eye cream at a decent price. After reading many rave reviews I thought why not and so far I haven't been disappointed. I use a q-tip to prevent my fingers from contaminating the cream. The cream is quite a thin consistency, but a little amount is required to get great coverage. The cream smells nice, absorbs quickly, a noticeable decrease in puffiness within 10 minutes of application, and makes concealer application a dream. I will update my review as I continue to use this gem.

update: After using this cream for 2+ weeks I have found that my under eye area is not getting enough moisture I have found from other creams. I've noticed I wake up and my under eyes are dry (despite applying the cream before bed) and I have more fine lines now!!! I'm tossing the rest and finding a new cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Chordia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for a month and I haven't noticed any difference. It did make my eye area feel softer but I think I could use almost any cream to do that. It didn't get rid of any fine lines. I don't think this cream was what I really needed. My eyes didn't really need a "lift". And I think that the fine lines I had are more noticeable now which apparently could be from the tightening action of the cream. It did make my eyes burn and water the first few days I used it but that went away. Still, that can't be a good thing. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Muuttaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical to be sure, but I have to say that this eye cream actually works. I've developed some fine lines under my eyes, and they have very noticeably lessened after using this, and the skin under my eyes is also much firmer. It blends very well with my concealer, and doesn't irritate my super-sensitive eyes. It comes in a cute little glass jar too; I love it :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by APaleBlondeSpeaks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My undereyes tend to be puffy with bags, but this cream firms and lifts beautifully: I noticed a difference after only one day. I'm over 30 but don't have wrinkles so I can't evaluate the "anti-wrinkle" claim; however, this product moisturizes and absorbs just as well as other eye creams I've tried. For its firming results, I would rate this product far above Oil of Olay, Neutrogena, and L'Oreal as well as Clinique, Avon, and Mary Kay. I have tried many eye creams and samples, and this does the best job firming. Next I will try the Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG eye cream since it's gotten good reviews here, but I'm positive I'll return to Garnier in the future if only to rotate with a more expensive cream that also works well for firming under my eyes (Boscia's is $38; Garnier's on sale is $15). Almost every eye cream I've ever used comes in a package twice as big as the actual product amount, so while I was disappointed not to have more cream in the jar, I wasn't surprised.

***

Many eye products moisturize with ingredients that "plump" your wrinkles to make them disappear--that's fine if you're older and/or don't have undereye bags or have puffiness, but gals like poor me look like we haven't slept in a week or we've been crying all night when we use those creams--they turn us into blowfish. On the other hand, eye creams that "firm" instead of "plump" will most certainly tighten up the undereye area, which yes, could creat itty-bitty wrinkles since the skin is tightening (pulling tighter). So you have to figure out what makes you look younger and healthier: fewer wrinkles or a tighter eye area. I suppose you could try using one cream to tighten underneath the eyes and then another cream to plump your crow's feet, but I found that Garnier's cream doesn't pull too tight on me, that it still moisturizes very well. At the price, I think it's certainly worth trying unless you really don't care about firming at all. I hope this review helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by lovelylibra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, I've only been using it for about 5 days now,I'm only 19 and i am starting to see this one wrinkle on the side eye as well as little line sprouting out (crows feet), and early signs of aging doesn't happen in my family, so I'm like freaking out. So i decided to try this product and i like it, i can kinda see the wrinkle fade away a little bit, its only been a week, but imma keep on using it so i can get rid of it and then prevent new ones from coming. The price is kinda redic. if ya ask me, but I'm pretty sure there is worst prices for eye cream out there, bottom line try, you will like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by coolaquaspf15

I used this product twice a day for about two weeks. I figured, you can't really tell if a product is working until you've had time for it to work. I am highly skeptical of products that seem to work instantly, because to me that feels more like a temporary fix for a problem. I'm only 24, but am already obessed with maintaining youth. I have these very, very, very fine lines underneath my eyes that only I seem to be able to see, but they drive me nuts. I also have genetic crease marks on the inner corners of my eyes. I've had them for as long as i can remember, and my younger brother has had them for as long as I can remember.
I bought this product because I bought into the whole "skin nutrients" advertising and with the the price on this, it was very hard to resist. I loved the way this product moisturized. It made my eyes feel really soft. About a week went buy, and I didn't notice any change in crease marks or my fine lines. I didnt have much hope for the crease marks, but I wanted the fine lines gone. I started noticing the lines becoming more prominent. I figured it was just my imagination because I've been focusing so much on them. When I noticed that the crease lines seem to have extended to twice it's original length, I decided that this product needs to go back. I didn't even notice how this product had slowly made my eyes puffy. After a couple of days of using no eye cream, the puffiness went away and I couldnt believe I had not noticed it before.
This product moisturizes pretty well, but for me, it does everything an eye cream is supposed to prevent.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by msthang81

I bought this eye cream because of the great reviews on MUA. This eye cream is great. I had a couple of lines that developed recently under my eye.. I'm not sure if they were dehydration lines or just the beginning of getting wrinkles (gasp), but this cream certainly decreased the appearance. The first couple days I didn't see anything different.. but one night I felt my eye area was getting dry so I applied a bit more under my eye. The next morning the few lines have diminished quite a bit. They're not completely gone, but they're not as deep as they were. I think for me I need to put a fair amount on. It doesn't do much for my upper lids but I don't really have problems there. The consistency is very nice and smooth and it absorbs well. The price isn't too bad as well, I did see it for $14 at Walmart the other day - I got mine for $17. I took one lippy off because it comes in a jar. I definitely would repurchase and I hope they change the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by DaoVallis

This product works. It's very emollient and goes on very smooth, doesn't tug at delicate eye area. This seems to tighten up the eye area while locking in moisture, 2 great feats imo :) I really see a difference about 5-10 min after I use this in the morning. I look more awake and fresh! Definitely a re-buy.