The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 77288 (Colour).

on 6/4/2008 7:02:00 PM

The Body Shop's body butters are on the heavy side, and I usually use them in the winter or around my heels/knees/elbows, and they're nice enough. The reason for a 4, not a 5, though, is that it tends to leave an oily sheen on the skin. Also, the plastic packaging cracked when I dropped it--not to mention dapping your finger in these things become a nightmare after a while, and you just try to not look at the dust and various unidentifiable things stuck in the butter.
The smell is nice though, on a good note.

on 5/19/2008 8:05:00 PM

I like the earth-clean smell after I returned Satsuma cuz it was too strong and made my dog and I sneeze. Then I got Shea butter and my bf thought it smelled masculine cuz it was musky. So I got this one since it was light and wasn't overwhelming. The formula is for normal/dry skin so it's lighter than the other formulas, which personally I like more. I like feeling kinda greasy cuz then I know it'd last forever, but this is nice and I'm sure when it gets hotter, I'll appreciate the texture more.

on 5/1/2008 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

The Body Shop Olive Body Butter is so pretty to use! I really adore the fresh, clean scent - natural and 'earthy'. I love to smooth on a bit of this after a shower to lock in moisture and leave my skin lightly scented and oh so soft. I don't mind spending a bit more money on The Body Shop Body Butters, as they are simply gorgeous and I can't get enough! This olive one is especially good for autumn and spring & occasionally in winter - it is very moisturising; so not that great for summer. Even though it is so nourishing, it still doesn't leave my skin greasy and oily, it sinks in immediately, leaving my skin baby smooth

on 4/20/2008 10:04:00 PM

Mmmmmm, I love using this right when getting out of the shower. Goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly. I love the scent. I can't get enough of it. It's a tiny bit greasy just for a short time. It leaves my knees and elbows looking terrific. I love it. I buy this one over and over again.

I've finished 2 tubs of this body butter, using it both during winter and summer, and in humid Southeast Asian weather, and have never really found it too greasy, but that's perhaps because I only use it at night. I love the smell, it's not as overpowering as the other body butters, and it lasts for quite some time...I can usually smell it when I wake up the next day, and my skin is always heavenly soft. Writing this review reminds me to go pick up another one tomorrow, since I've been straying a little lately, but nothing I've tried has trumped this one.

on 3/4/2008 2:41:00 PM

This is an excellent product geared to extra dry skin. Scent is not offensive like the Wal Mart knockoffs. I would use this in winter, however, would consider it too heavy for summer. One lippie off for the high price, $23.00 in Canada.

on 3/3/2008 5:40:00 AM

I've tried many Body butters over the years and this is one of the best.
Light scented, easily absorbed (for a body butter), nice texture, highly moisturising, very good price

on 1/30/2008 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this stuff. i can't get enough of it in the winter time. very emollient and has staying power. the smell is fresh and clean. i use this in combo with the olive oil spray for an extra dose of moisture.

on 1/24/2008 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Very nice scent and it makes skin really soft and moisturized, love it!

on 1/10/2008 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was pleasently suprised by this. I mostly use it on my hands and cuticles. Took off a lippie cause it's too greasy for my body.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products