November 22, 2014 | 1461 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by maiarinha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think this primer does much for me. It's an ok primer but not a super nice one. Also I didn't notice my foundation lasting any longer with it, so I won't repurchase it, but I will use it up until is gone. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by fushigisushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had tried the regular Smashbox Photo Finish primer a few years back and thought it was okay and was intrigued when they came out with one which was for oily skin. Still not impressed. Although I dont notice more breakouts, I put this on in the morning under concealer and loose powder and am still shiny by midday. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by kattleya

I have combination skin where my forehead is oily and my cheek is normal with large pores around the nose area. So that said without primer that area will look greasy 4 hours after i put on my makeup. At first i didn't know the benefit of primer, all i know i just want something to minimise the oil. Then i researched for the best ones, many have said that this and Laura Mercier are great. But at the end i choose to buy this on Sephora because i asked the BA what's the best between those two for oily skin, she choose Smashbox.

I'm impressed with this because it does the job really well. I put on my makeup at 8am and by lunch my makeup is still shine free. It last like that until 5pm (with powder touch up), after that the oil starts to appear but in softly sheen so my face looks dewy not shiny. This primer works better with liquid foundation, and another good thing is it doesn't emphasize the dry patch. I apply this with fingers and apply my liquid foundation with stippling brush, so maybe that's why it doesn't emphasize the dry patch.

I bought this on August 2012, i still have half of the bottle left. I only use this on my oily spot and dotted it with my fingers. I like this better than Benefit's Porefessional. And in my opinion Smashbox has wider range of primer than any other brand. They have the purple and green colour which are great to color correct and reduce redness.

Would i buy this product again? yes definitely.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Stefania09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My t-zone has been ridiculously oily lately. My makeup has been literally sliding off my face so i've been desperately searching for a primer to work some magic.
i went into Myer Melbourne after doing days of research and reading reviews and stopped at the KIT counter. The salesgirl highly recommended this Primer over all others including Too Faced as its oil free. at $52 i was very hesitant to buy until she advised i had 2 weeks to return it if it wasnt for me so i was sold.
i wanted to love this. and day 1, hours 1 to 3 i did. and then the makeup started sliding off my face. i tried every combination. dr brandt bb cream, eliss fass skin veil, studio fix, jane iredale powder foundation, no moisturiser, moisturiser, u name it. but alas, nothing helped. maybe if i was only slightly oily it would be the one but i returned it after 1 week and gladly got my money back. ordered arbonne from ebay for half the price so waiting on that to arrive (i have 14 days to return that also) :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by sarahdude9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first primer. It didn't make my foundation stay on any longer or help my makeup look smoother. Luckily I only got a sample size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by CathS

I love this primer! Smooth, velvety & silky texture. My pores looks so much smaller after i apply this (on my T-zone only) and it helps my makeup to stay in place! Also it makes my skin feel really soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

I got this because Sephora discontinued the primer I was using and the MUA recommended this as a substitute. I must say that I really like it. It is soft, matifying and reliable. It works well with a variety of foundations including long lasting ones and luminizing products. My only complaint is the price... for a primer $40 (canadian) is very expensive. Sephora's version was $25. But oh well! If you can afford it is definitely worth a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessRayne

Love this primer! I live in Phoenix where its over 100 degrees over half the year. I have oily skin and have always had problems with makeup melting off my face because of the heat. however this primer make my makeup stay on full for 10-12 hours, even in the worst of summer time. Also before anytime id talk in my cellphone, id get oil and makeup on my smartphone screen but with this primer it doesnt happen. I always re purchase this primer and always will because of that. Price is rather high yes, but as they say "you get what you pay for".

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by simplyashleyj

This is hands down the best primer. It is the only one I have ever tried that's worked. It helps to even my skin tone, smooth my skin, and keep the oils at bay throughout the day.
Another great thing is that it doesn't take a lot so the product lasts long. To me, finding a product that will actually keep my makeup on is worth the high price tag.
I will continue to rebuy this as long as I wear foundation. Holy freaking grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've used this for half a year and I think $36 is a lot for a primer, but it's so worth it's money. It doesn't feel greasy or anything and it keeps my makeup on for a long time. It doesn't break me out and I would definitely buy this over and over because that's how much I love it.