December 22, 2014 | 1842 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

I was looking for a moisturizing cleanser so I thought that an oil-based cleanser would work best. However, oddly enough, this ended up being too drying for me. It ended up giving me a few dry patches. This gets three lipsticks because it rinses clean and leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped. I felt like I had "normal" skin after washing my face with the exception of a few dry patches. I think this would be good for someone who has oily skin and for people who wear a lot of make up. When you rinse this off, there is no foaming action or lather like some emulsifying oil cleansers. This does not come with a pump so I had to buy a pump ($1.50,) which I felt should've been included in this price. The scent is light and does not linger. If I had oiler skin, I would've kept this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far so good! I tried boscia and philosophy's cleansing oil and hated both. Bosica broke me out and philosophy's ingredients are horrible. Origins has a soft texture so it's easy to massage it on your face and it leaves my oily/dehydrated skin feeling not too moisturize and not too clean. I'm impressed my origins, it's the first company i've come across that uses mostly non chemical ingredients, is affordable, and actually does what it advertises.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by scootipooti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading positive reviews all over the internet for this cleanser, I decided to give it a try after my Mad Hippie Cream Cleanser was not able to remove the heavier sunscreens I am now wearing for the warmer months. All those reviews I read were dead on! This one product replaces any eye makeup and makeup removers, and cleansers you might use. It removes *everything* but leaves my skin incredibly soft and hydrated. It's done a great job of clearing out my pores and keeping my skin clear. I like the scent and don't find it heavy at all. Going off the recommendations of others, I did purchase the separate pump, which is now $1.50. But it is well worth it. I use one pump in the morning, and two in the evening for heavier cleansing. You rub it over dry skin, then use water to emulsify the oil, then rinse. Like many others, I am not able to use mineral oil, but did used to use the DHC cleansing oil, but stopped using it after Sephora no longer carried the line. If you're interested in using a cleansing oil, but can't use mineral oil, give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by tapasnut

This is my first oil cleanser and I would rate it pretty good but not amazing. It does seems to take off sunscreen and eye makeup easily, but even though it has emulsifiers I still like to follow up with a cleanser or make-up wipe. The texture and smell are pleasant and it's a cinch to use if you get the pump -- but why not sell it with the pump included? I think the bottle will last forever as I've been using for a couple months and barely made a dent in it. I'll probably try another oil cleanser next so I have something to compare it to, but may come back to this one too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product to help remove the super high spf sunscreens I wear daily - it's a must as I'm very pale & use Retin-A & AHA cream. I like the light smell of it & the packaging is handy when you buy the pump. I use 1 to 1 1/2 pumps for my whole face [excluding mascara removal]. It feels nice to massage it into my face and then foams lightly when water is added. After I wash it off my face feels clean, supple & moisturized. However, I sometimes feel like I still have ss on my face after I use this & my regular face wash. I wonder if there's something stronger/better, besides paint thinner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by wootwoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish this stuff was a little cheaper, because I really like it. I don't put on makeup on a daily basis, but I do put on heavy sunscreen (spf60) daily because I burn very easily.
So pros:
-not a bad smell... if you read the ingredients, it's like a combination of all types of oils
-when you wash it away, it becomes murky/soapy and washes away clean!!!! (this is the best part about this oil cleanser, you don't end up with messy/greasy film on your face when initially using water to clean it off)... of course, I use my cleanser (cetaphil) afterward for a through wash, but using water alone gets like 80% of the crap off your face + the oil you've used
So the cons:
-the price, the bottle is not so big... and because i use about 3-4 pumps per use, you can really see the oil being consumed like mad through the clear plastic bottle. this brings me to my next point. the casing. Like others have noted, you should really get the pump for a $1 when you make your first purchase because it will save your butt every time you have to open and pour out the oil for use. I don't know why they don't include it in the purchase, because I feel like I'm getting ripped off by buying an extra component of the case that I should already get for free from buying a bottle of oil for about 25 bucks!
so in conclusion, I love using this stuff (compared to pond's cream my mom uses) more than other removers, because it really feels like you're removing the stuff off your face by applying appropriate pressures using your fingers and massaging your face with the oil, but the price is a bit ehhh... for a make-up remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was running out of my Liz Earle's Clean and Polish and next door Origins was doing a deal on 2 skincare products with their Dr Weil's Mushroom Mask which I wanted to try for a long time so I decided to give up using Liz's product for a while and plunge ahead with Origin's cleansing oil.

This is my very first cleansing oil and I am already hooked. I have tried Shu Uemura's cleansing oils (samples of green, pink and clear ones) and I was not too impressed with it's greasines but this one is different. I am taking it off with Liz Earle's cloths and I also got myself a pump for the otherwise screw top opening bottle.

It takes my sunscreen and makeup off very well without leaving greasiness behind although my skin is a bit tight afterwards. Nevertheless skin is very clean but does not feel stripped.

I like the smell, the ingredients list and the whole idea of cleansing my dryskinned face with oil and also the price and packaging are very good.

A very good product, I need 5 small pumps for my face (I am taking my eye make up with a different product - an excellent Take the Day Off from Clinique) so I hope that 200 ml will last at least for several months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried a handful of cleansing oils, and I think this one is the best, for several reasons. (I've tried Josie Maran, Boscia, Babor and more). As for the Origins, you get the most for your money. Takes off all of my makeup easily, and cleanses my skin deeply, without any irritation. I have sensitive, combination, break-out prone skin. This did not worsen any of those issues. I've found with other oils, I have to rub, rub, rub to get my makeup off, but not this one. I find this cleanser to be pretty much aroma-free, and that's the only disappointing factor in my book (I love Origins for their amazing scents).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is $19.50 at Origins and origins.com. I've been using this for a few weeks, and have been comparing it to other oil cleansing systems. Thus far, this one reigns supreme. It does have a strong scent, but works very well at taking off makeup in just a few swipes. This also comes with a pump, which is nice. I use a few pumps on a large cotton round and then remove my makeup. It doesn't do the greatest job at removing eye makeup, though. I think this is a nice item to try if you don't mind some scent, and have some long wearing makeup to take off at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by hetsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is for days/evenings where you have quite a bit of makeup to wash of. I love the after feeling as my face feels moist rather than striping the oils of my face that other cleasners sometimes do. I brought a pump... I had tried to pour the oil on my face however it was tricky and so easy to waste the product so highly recommend the pump. I usually use 2 pumps only.