November 26, 2014 | 1616 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by orcuttjm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this lotion. I bought it because I loved the body wash so much and I'm glad I did. Nice light scent that fades after a couple of hours. Thick consistency that soaked into my skin, leaving me moisturized but not greasy. Doesn't make my skin itch or break out. Inexpensive and easy to find at drugstores or grocery stores. A win all around.

I do wish the staying power was a bit better, but can't complain for a $5 lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Ashlaylay

I love this stuff!! I feel good using it because I know it's natural, and my skin immediately absorbs it. I use it after shaving because my skin gets red, bumpy, and itchy, but this lotion takes care of all of that! I use it all over my body once or twice a day, and my boyfriend always tells me how soft my skin is! For best results, I would use the St.Ives Apricot Scrub all over your body either before or after shaving, then use this lotion after wards.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Melavigne

I started using St Ive's lotion when my friend recommended me their lotion. I had an unfortunate experience with st ives that caused me to break out when i first started using cleanser at the age of 12. I was using Hydrating body lotion prior to getting this because Malaysia's drugstore does not carry shea butter & lotion. I was excited to see that they finally did. Without much thought, i bought it because im a sucker for ingredients that are food, namely oat meal. Tried it this morning. fell in love immediately, the scent is a tad strong when u first apply but soon subside with just a faint scent of vanilla lingering. I love vanilla, this is not those sickly sweet vanilla that frequent in skincare. Plus it is similar to what my friend smell like (minus a hint of freshness) and he refuse to reveal what he uses (not sure whether its perfume or detergent). I recommended it back to the friend that introduced me, she loves it too. I cant stop smelling myself, its been more than 3 hours, the scent is still there (its of a comfortable level, not overpowering). I think i found my ultimate vanilla lotion, all the vanilla-y yumminess minus the chemical sweetness that smells fake.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by br549xt93

My first review! I love, love, love this stuff. It is my go to lotion if my skin is dry and itchy. I use it all the time and I always re-buy it. It smells good, not heavy and perfumey, and it soaks in quickly. My skin is soft and not sticky after using, which I love! I can't stand thick lotions that take forever to soak in, so this is perfect for me. I like to use this in conjunction with the same body wash, it seriously takes care of that horrible winter itch, and I get it BAD. My only complaint, and it's a minor annoyance, is that they keep changing the packaging! It's always available in a pump, but they change the picture on it, or the bottle shape. Every time I need a new bottle I have to look to find it and double check to make sure I got the right stuff. Stupid, I know. But, anyways, this is great stuff and I am loyal to this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by ca806

St. Ives lotions are basically the only ones I use now, for my body and face. They have all moisturized really well, even for the winter, without breaking me out at all. Works well under make up. Smells great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Sarahd1324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I like that this lotion is all natural, it is not strong enough for my winter-time dry skin. It doesn't feel very indulgent when applying, and only lasts for a few hours before my skin feels dry again. It's probably worth mentioning that I occasionally get tiny eczema patches on my wrists and legs, so I need more bodily moisture than most.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by KenzieRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this lotion. I have many lotions that I hoard, including expensive ones, but this is my go to lotion. It absorbs into skin quickly and easily, and leaves my skin feeling soooo soft and silky. I live in Canada and the winters here can really leave my skin feeling itchy, irritated and dry. When I smooth this on after a warm bath or shower I feel instant relief. I received this as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago and I have been purchasing it ever since, I just can't say a bad thing about it. Its cheap and its high quality as far as I am concerned. The scent is really mild and reminds me of an almondy/coconutty scent, I find it pleasing. Great product !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i love this moisturiser! it's smells so good and it has a really nice consistency. it goes on silky smooth and absorbs really quickly. packaging is easy to use and it's so cheap! love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by JV08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim because I'm a sucker for clearance, and they had this on the Target rack for $1.74USD, so I figured why not! I fell in love with- very little fragrance, non-greasy, and very moisturizing. I slather some on after a shower and can feel the softness all day. This has helped me to (successfully) battle the Maryland winter dryness/itchiness. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ananasvolant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well for the price it is a fine product, but I could not get over the cheap coconut fragrance. I prefer by far Jergen's shea butter lotion. Won't repurchase.