September 3, 2014 | 1419 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i love this moisturiser! it's smells so good and it has a really nice consistency. it goes on silky smooth and absorbs really quickly. packaging is easy to use and it's so cheap! love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by JV08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim because I'm a sucker for clearance, and they had this on the Target rack for $1.74USD, so I figured why not! I fell in love with- very little fragrance, non-greasy, and very moisturizing. I slather some on after a shower and can feel the softness all day. This has helped me to (successfully) battle the Maryland winter dryness/itchiness. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ananasvolant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well for the price it is a fine product, but I could not get over the cheap coconut fragrance. I prefer by far Jergen's shea butter lotion. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

This lotion is creamy but not greasy, and absorbs super quickly. It's especially good for winter- my skin just drinks it up. :D It smells really nice too, sort of a fragrance-y warm vanilla-y smell, but it disappears really quickly which is nice if you're planning on wearing perfume on top of it. It's cheap too, and comes in a huge bottle! Definitely good for arms and legs. It's fairly moisturizing, enough for winter but not too greasy for summer. I wouldn't recommend it for super dry spots like elbows though- you'd have to apply like five layers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This smells amazing. I have this scent in the body wash, body scrub, and lotion. It's probably my favorite and cheapest shower/body product. The scent doesn't linger long, though, which is actually good, as I prefer a very subtle scent, and I imagine (though do not know for sure) that those who wear perfume wouldn't have an issue using this and then applying perfume. I find it has a slightly vanilla-y smell to it. Smells very fresh and warm and clean. I don't have particularly dry or itchy or sensitive skin (I'd say my epidermis is pretty standard), so I can't attest to its reaction on that skin type. But on my skin it absorbs quickly and feels good to apply. I'd say it has a medium consistency, not too watery, but not very thick like a body butter. Doesn't feel greasy, leaves skin feeling soft. Very cheap. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got in on sale for 2-3 dollars with extra volume, great bargain.
Works pretty well in winter for my dry skin, and smells good.
Definitely a re-buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an ok lotion for my "normal" skin on my body but def not enough for my dry hands. If you have any skin irritation or cracked skin it does sting. Other reviewers said It stinks. The smell is not bothersome to me, infact I barely smell anything. If you are looking for a cheap lotion this is one if the better ones. I still prefer my aveeno (my HG) but when I was a broke student this got me through. As a sidenote: it was hard to find for a while because they were redoing the packaging and when I found it again it was $1 more. I think it is overpriced for the quality now and for about $1-2 more you can have a nice bottle of a better product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been really loving this lotion! I have sensitive skin that tends to get itchy often and this is a great soothing lotion that is really affortable as well. It has a nice lingering coconut smell that I really enjoy and I find the consistency to be just right. It absorbs quicky and im not left with that tacky feeling after that I cant stand. This feels really great after showers and it leaves my skin feelig baby soft! I love the pump bottle it comes in and can not reconmend this enougth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't rave about this product enough. St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter lotion is one of the few skin/hair/body products that I repurchase over and over. It leaves my skin feeling absolutely amazing when I apply it once a day, and whereas I used to think putting on lotion was a chore it's so luxurious that I look forward to using it after my showers. Unless they seriously do something to screw up the formula (oh god no) I'm pretty sure that I will keep using this lotion into the far future. I love it that much. Haha. Everything you've heard is true. GO GET IT.

...I mean, really. It's like, 3 dollars and some change at Target? C'mon.

Edit (2/28/12): PERFECT FOR HIVES RELIEF OMG. Had hives from an allergic reaction where all the creams and ointments in the world did nothing to relieve the itchiness. Since I use Jergen's in the winter I hadn't been using this for awhile. Tried this on my skin. Instant, sweet relief. I know oatmeal's good for hives/skin and I didn't think this lotion would have enough oatmeal in it to help any, but it was a lifesaver. My opinion still stands. One of the best drugstore lotions (and for me, lotions period) that you will ever come across.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Jadeypops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a wonder product! I suffer from pretty bad psoriasis (guttate which is tiny little spots of it everywhere... absolute nightmare) and I generally try to avoid the steroid creams for it. As a last ditch attempt I bought this. After about two weeks I started to notice an improvement in my skin (this bout of psoriasis had been bugging my for about 6 months with nothing helping). Kept using day and night, and lo and behold! My skin has cleared up, minus a few tiny bits left on my back.
Im not saying this will work for everyone, but its really really helped me. And for the low price of it, I'd say anyone with psoriasis really should give it a go.
Plus, my skin has never been softer! It sinks right in, isn't sticky, and keeps my skin moisturised all day. Reall boosted my confidence having lovely clear skin again (: