November 28, 2014 | 1859 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by chizzyknowsbest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loveee this stuff! Definitely beats the Maybelline eye studio gel liner because that one dried up so quickly... But i've had this for 4 months now and its still creamy and goes on very black!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by hotpinkluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got this I loved it and thought it maybe my HG cream liner is was very dark black and stayed in place really good.It went on easy and i could do a thin or thick line.Then after just a few months it started to harden it was so hard to get on and it would get everywear.I was able to use it a little longer for a base for a super dark smokey eye, but after that it was just to dry to use at all. I had not even used half the jar , it was so upseting. I would not buy this agian because it just dries out to fast.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by YearoftheTiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner ruined my day. It is so thick and waxy which makes it a pain to work with....and no, this stuff isn't months old. I just bought it. Yeah, it's just the right black color but I'm stuck with semi jagged lines and burning eyes. I didn't even bother with the brush that came in the kit; I used my MAC 209 brush to apply this gunk with. I'm kicking myself for throwing out the receipt because instead of chucking it in the trash can I could have gotten my money back. Boo, it looks like I struck out again in the eyeliner department.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by becca352

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the worst eyeliners I have used. Texture is nice and creamy. Applies nicely. However it smeared everywhere within 1 hour. I have never had an eyeliner smear this much. I applied it just before going out and when I went to the bathroom I looked like a raccoon. It wasn't even hot or humid and i didn't apply it super thick. I don't know what happened. Next time I decide to stray from my HG (Kat Von D tattoo liner), i will do a trial run when I am hanging out around the house to avoid another embarrassing makeup disaster.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lala08sk

This was the first gel/creme eyeliner I purchased and I totally hated it. The consistency is way too thick so when you apply it it feels very heavy and irritated my eyes. Also its hard to apply and it doesn't stay long plus it flakes. Now I only use it as a eyeshadow base for smoky eye. There are much better gel/creme eyeliners out there in the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by raspberrychaitea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

brush sucks, it's rough
really loved it at first because application was smooth
after a while, product starts to harden and becomes harder to apply and then halfway through the jar, i had to throw it out because it was too hard to use, and it was flaking off when applied

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by peggomyeggo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

When I first bought this product I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread! I started replacing my MUFE Aqua pencil liner with this stuff because it was so dark and stayed put.

HOWEVER! I bought this in September and it's starting to dry out. It's upsetting because there's so much product left in the jar. Now it's flaky and it skips. So I tried putting on even more product, being the persistent thing I am, and even when I put it on my top lashes it runs down to my bottom lashes and becomes a giant mess! Needless to say, now it flakes throughout the day too.

Gah. I'll be trying maybelline's and Bobby Brown's liners soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by saz

I just bought this product in black and eggplant (on sale for 2nd at half price). At 10-12 bucks a pop this is relatively a lot for a drugstore make-up but I think (hope) it's worth it. Right away I noticed that there were different brushes in each package. The black liner had a sleek black bristled brush, and the eggplant came with a brown and blonde brush which wasn't as nice.
I used the eggplant liner first. I've never used a cream liner or anything that came in a pot before.. total newbie here. I was impressed at how easy it was to get a nice line. Once it was on, I couldn't tell it was purple. It just looked like a faded black line... After a few hours I checked my makeup and it was in place! no smears or clumps. I put the black on over it and it looked much more sharp and polished. As a novice I was even able to add a wing at the end. Sleek!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by hopelessheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this liner I while ago, it was my first cream liner. When I first got it I loved everything about it, except for the brush that came with it. The brush is really stiff and hurt my eyelids. Not too long after buying though the product started to dry out and became really hard to apply nicely. After that happened I put it down for a long while until I learned that you could reheat it in the microwave which I did. The product did not return completely back to the consistency it was before but it was a lot smoother. I'm moved to stila smudge pots for my eyes but found that this product worked really well for my eyebrows, which is what I still use it for.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this more than a year ago and barely used it then because the brush that came with it was so stiff it hurt my eyes (I'm wondering if they really tested it at L'Oreal?). And yeah, I didn't have an extra liner brush because I didn't used to buy my own brushes. I recently tried it with the angled brush from The Body Shop and it works so much better! I didn't need to use a lot of product; the application was smooth and on my skin color, it appeared as a rich black. It's also pretty much the only eyeliner I can use on my lower lash line without irritation, tears and smudging (I have very sensitive eyes and it's always been impossible to apply anything on the lower line without looking like I hadn't slept for days with red eyes and all). Regarding the complaints about it drying within a few months, I agree, but it didn't seem to be an issue with the brush I used.

I'll probably buy it again, but I'll try to do so next time I go to the States... Less expensive than in Montreal.