April 19, 2014 | 1874 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by becca352

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the worst eyeliners I have used. Texture is nice and creamy. Applies nicely. However it smeared everywhere within 1 hour. I have never had an eyeliner smear this much. I applied it just before going out and when I went to the bathroom I looked like a raccoon. It wasn't even hot or humid and i didn't apply it super thick. I don't know what happened. Next time I decide to stray from my HG (Kat Von D tattoo liner), i will do a trial run when I am hanging out around the house to avoid another embarrassing makeup disaster.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lala08sk

This was the first gel/creme eyeliner I purchased and I totally hated it. The consistency is way too thick so when you apply it it feels very heavy and irritated my eyes. Also its hard to apply and it doesn't stay long plus it flakes. Now I only use it as a eyeshadow base for smoky eye. There are much better gel/creme eyeliners out there in the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by raspberrychaitea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

brush sucks, it's rough
really loved it at first because application was smooth
after a while, product starts to harden and becomes harder to apply and then halfway through the jar, i had to throw it out because it was too hard to use, and it was flaking off when applied

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by peggomyeggo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

When I first bought this product I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread! I started replacing my MUFE Aqua pencil liner with this stuff because it was so dark and stayed put.

HOWEVER! I bought this in September and it's starting to dry out. It's upsetting because there's so much product left in the jar. Now it's flaky and it skips. So I tried putting on even more product, being the persistent thing I am, and even when I put it on my top lashes it runs down to my bottom lashes and becomes a giant mess! Needless to say, now it flakes throughout the day too.

Gah. I'll be trying maybelline's and Bobby Brown's liners soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by saz

I just bought this product in black and eggplant (on sale for 2nd at half price). At 10-12 bucks a pop this is relatively a lot for a drugstore make-up but I think (hope) it's worth it. Right away I noticed that there were different brushes in each package. The black liner had a sleek black bristled brush, and the eggplant came with a brown and blonde brush which wasn't as nice.
I used the eggplant liner first. I've never used a cream liner or anything that came in a pot before.. total newbie here. I was impressed at how easy it was to get a nice line. Once it was on, I couldn't tell it was purple. It just looked like a faded black line... After a few hours I checked my makeup and it was in place! no smears or clumps. I put the black on over it and it looked much more sharp and polished. As a novice I was even able to add a wing at the end. Sleek!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by hopelessheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this liner I while ago, it was my first cream liner. When I first got it I loved everything about it, except for the brush that came with it. The brush is really stiff and hurt my eyelids. Not too long after buying though the product started to dry out and became really hard to apply nicely. After that happened I put it down for a long while until I learned that you could reheat it in the microwave which I did. The product did not return completely back to the consistency it was before but it was a lot smoother. I'm moved to stila smudge pots for my eyes but found that this product worked really well for my eyebrows, which is what I still use it for.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this more than a year ago and barely used it then because the brush that came with it was so stiff it hurt my eyes (I'm wondering if they really tested it at L'Oreal?). And yeah, I didn't have an extra liner brush because I didn't used to buy my own brushes. I recently tried it with the angled brush from The Body Shop and it works so much better! I didn't need to use a lot of product; the application was smooth and on my skin color, it appeared as a rich black. It's also pretty much the only eyeliner I can use on my lower lash line without irritation, tears and smudging (I have very sensitive eyes and it's always been impossible to apply anything on the lower line without looking like I hadn't slept for days with red eyes and all). Regarding the complaints about it drying within a few months, I agree, but it didn't seem to be an issue with the brush I used.

I'll probably buy it again, but I'll try to do so next time I go to the States... Less expensive than in Montreal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wipes the floor with Maybelline and Loreal Eyestudio. I wouldn't know about more expensive brands because I don't like to spend much on eye makeup.
This is a great liner. It goes on smoothly and stays on all day, although removing it requires some patience. I like the brush that comes with it, but it draws a pretty thick line, so if you're going for a subtler look you'll want to use a different brush. This is my favorite eyeliner that I own.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Chele05

For anyone that likes the winged eyeliner look, this is a great alternative to liquid liner. This cream liner goes on smoothly and is very pigmented, so it's super easy to use and much faster than liqud liner. I'm surprised at alll the negative reviews, and the fact that so many people hate the little brush it comes. Although it would work great with a different liner brush, I actually like it and find it easy to use (but then again, I mastered liquid liner - without resting my elbow on anything - a long time ago, so that might make anything else seem easy). I like that it's rather stiff (but not hard) because it helps the line go on straight, and I like that it's angled because it's makes winging the liner a cinch. As for people saying the brush is pokey and hurts: the only times the brush has ever hurt me is when I haven't cleaned it well after use, and some of the product has dried and hardened on it. Make sure to keep it clean, and it shouldn't be much of an issue.

The longevity of this liner is excellent! No smudging, smearing, or fading. Yes, the removal of it isn't easy, but it's not much harder to remove than most waterproof eye products. Nothing some eye make-up remover ( for waterproof make-up) and a little vaseline won't remove.

It's true that this product dries out over time, but it has usually taken a couple of months of use before I notice any serious dryness, and that's that I use this liner a minimum of 3 times a week. Here's someting that's worked for me to restore creaminess: add a drop of baby oil to the liner and let it absorb over night, or simply mix it in with a toothpick; mixing it might make the liner look messy in the pot, but it should turn back into its creamy, heavily pigmented self.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly16

Like many reviewers have said the brush that comes with this package is too thick, you could prob do some major damage to the sensitive skin around your eyelid, so i opted to use it as a brow brush, which works really nice. I got the black color & it's really pigmented. Thus, I normally don't wear this on a daily basis, bc it's too intense for a day at the office for me. Plus, i literally have to wash my brush every day bc it gets all stiffen up after every use (from the prod getting dried) which becomes annoying after a while. In addition, my pot dried up after a couple of months, at which point it was such a pain to get any product out. I need to scoop some out of the pot, warm it up on the back on my hand to get it creamy again, so i just tossed it away. Back to the pencils and liquid liner i go.