Marc Jacobs Daisy

3.9

I've been wearing Daisy since 2009. I've flirted with other scents - Givenchy Very Irresistible, Miss Dior, and D&G Light Blue all took a turn trying to woo me - but I keep coming back to this one. It comes on fresh and a little fruity, and dries down to a really lovely warm floral scent on me. It clings to my clothes and I find myself sniffing the sweaters and scarves on which I can smell it when I'm not wearing it. I've repurchased once before and just snagged another 1.7oz bottle at Nordstrom Rack for $50, so I think she'll be sticking around a little while longer.

on 7/12/2013 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's a very simple and fresh floral scent. It is a nice to wear sometimes but is not as intresting as other perfumes because this is purely floral.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My favourite scent. In love. Absolutely in love.

on 7/3/2013 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Oh my goodness, I love this so much. It stays for so long and has this perfect...'adult smell'. Such a confidence booster. I'm giving one away actually, if anyone is interested.

on 6/13/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I know Marc Jacobs Daisy EDT is a very popular fragrance among young women, and I have read rave reviews galore , but for me, Daisy is just kind of bland and wishy-washy. It just doesn't do it for me, but I'm not really sure why.

Here are the notes, per Sephora.com: Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods.

NOTE 6/22/15: I recently read on coolspotters.com (from article from magazine "Nashville Style" Dec 2013) that the petite blonde singer Kimberly Schlapman of the band "Little Big Town" wears MJ Daisy. Apparently, she & husband have a daughter named Daisy, and the perfume was gifted to Kimberly by her husband -- and she loves it.

on 6/11/2013 3:30:00 PM

my favorite scent! so light and such a fresh scent i absolutely love it!

on 5/31/2013 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Daisy is my fav perfume ever, it's so feminine, delicate and light!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the rollerball for $20 at Sephora. My cousin wore it and it smelled good on her, it smelled good when I sampled it, so there we go.

According to Sephora:
"Notes: Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods.
Style: Bright. Alluring. Eternal."

Personally, I don't smell any vanilla, strawberry, or grapefruit. Actually, I don't smell any of the notes at all. I can't really describe what it smells like; I suck at that. It does lack originality- I feel like Daisy is overworn by most people, but it does smell good. I mean, there's a reason it's a favorite among so many people. I wear it as a spring/summer scent.

The lasting power's pretty good- I put it on before swim practice one day and even after almost 2 hours in chlorine I could still smell it. It smells very sharp on me though, not sure if I like that.

The rollerball is pretty, that much I can say. Overall, not really impressed. I wouldn't repurchase, and I'd gladly swap this for another scent. But it wasn't horrible. Just...average. Maybe it smells less sharp on someone else?

I did get compliments on it though- someone was like, "That smells good! You'll get all the guys if you keep on wearing that."

on 5/26/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have been finishing the third bottle and will buy the fourth.

This scent is "me". It is not too sweet, I would describe it as calm, round, tender, developing slowly. On me it is the light "oh, something smell nice here?" tone, nothing prominent.

I use if everyday for work. For evening I prefere something more accentuate, currently JĀ“adore.

on 5/23/2013 10:00:00 PM