MAC Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

4.7

on 4/24/2010 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

gorgeous lipstick. very pigmented and long lasting. Love the colour. usually either my mom or dad tells me i'm wearing too much lipstick but not at all today. great colour.

on 4/18/2010 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Stunning. I'm NC15 and worried it would be too bright, but it's perfect. The blue tint is surprisingly flattering, the colour is opaque and rich, the finish is glossy without being glittery. It's very long-wearing which is a bonus: bright shades can be so high-maintenance sometimes! It's great as a light tint applied with a finger but one swipe is enough to provide full coverage. Very beautiful colour, smooth texture, and I'd definitely repurchase.

on 3/30/2010 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PRO: From the Riveting collection. It's a very bright hot pink that's a bit blue based. A very Barbie pink and a must have!

on 3/17/2010 6:44:00 PM

It's so pretty, bright and a perfect statement color for days when you want to brighten up your makeup. The amplified formula is great, and don't get me wrong, the color is beautiful, but this looks too similar to Girl About Town. There's also a Revlon dupe, the name of which escapes me at the moment, but for half the price of a MAC lipstick I don't see why I should repurchase.

EDIT: the name of the Revlon dupe is Wild Orchid. Swatched next to each other they're indistinguishable.

on 3/10/2010 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually like this l/s, even though it's not a color I would have seen myself wearing successfully. I am light skinned with blue/green eyes, so I figured this would make me look like a clown. And it does, if I apply it directly on my lips, lol. But if I use some chapstick first and then a thin layer of the l/s, it actually looks good. Very bright, yes, but good. It brightens the whole face (and I also put some clear l/g on top).
I love the amplified formula, it doesn't dry out my lips and spreads so easily, and also the lasting power is remarcable. Even when it fades, it leaves a nice stain on my lips.
I probably won't rebuy only because this will last me forever, but I do like it a lot.

I Love this lipstick! The color is a gorgeous hot pink , with a blueish tint/sheen

The color goes on opaque and smooth , its not drying at all and feels nice on the lips

I know people compare this to Girl about Town l/s but i think this is much prettier then GAT , will definetly wear this out with a thick black cat eye , you need this lipstick

on 3/1/2010 9:27:00 PM

I got this lipstick on a back to mac deal in which you appparently return 6 empty mac containers and receive a free lipstick. It took 4ever, but I did it! =) This is one of THE most beautiful, bright pink lipsticks you will ever get your hands on. I was scanning all of the lipsticks trying to figure out what to get as if it would be my last time (yeah right!), when I noticed that the pretty Asian girl working the counter had on this striking pink lipstick. Now mind you, I'm MAC NC45 so I was kinda skeptical when she said "You HAVE to get this. I've been selling it all day!" Now I'm the kinda girl that loves a strong eye and nude lips so I personally felt like I would have to seriously tone the eyes down not to look like a clown. But can I tell you that it was so worth it! I don't mean to yell but it is just that pretty. She paired it with night moth lipliner. It literally woke up my whole face! I have got so many people telling me how pretty I look but I can tell they can't figure out why. But I know =). I have tons of eyeshadow from high end to drugstore. But I am satisfied with only putting on eyeliner and mascara and have this color on my lips. This is the first time I actually thought about buying a back-up. If you're not afraid of a bold lip, run and go get this! Perfect for spring and summer!

on 2/24/2010 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i was a little shocked at how bright this looked in the tube. when applied, it can be super bright...however...if you blot well and apply lipgloss it becomes a beautiful bright pink that is not too over powering.

on 2/22/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

HOLY HOTNESS!!!! I never thought this would work for me. I bought this because it is a PRO product and I thought it would be good to have. I wore this with Lustre White on top and it was absolutely fabulous!! I would definately buy this again. I got so many compliments on my face wearing this!!!

on 2/17/2010 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hot-cha-cha, where has this been all my life?? Wait... I know the answer to that. It's been lurking at the mac store unbeknownst to me, while I patiently wait for it to emerge at counters as a repromote, believing it to be limited edition. I found this today, a mere day before it's set to be repromoted at counters, at my local mac store (not a pro store, just a regular one). This is a gorgeous fluoro pink... the sort of colour that it takes ladyballs to wear, but I genuinely believe that anybody can pull off an edgy shade like this. When I'm 85, I will still rock colours like this one, and you can't stop me! Texture is beautiful; creamy and long-wearing. There is definitely blue in this, but I find it photographs more blue than it actually is. It also photographs more sheer than it actually is. IRL, this colour has tons of POW! This is the shade you'll whip out whenever you want to feel like the coolest girl in the room. It will grab attention, it will set you apart, and you will look fabulous with it on. Trust.

Popular Lipsticks