October 22, 2014 | 2011 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Blackground

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Elina24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The MA at MAC convinced me to get this. I had to get out of that routine f using light bases and layer it with darker colours. Why not go the opposite way ? So I use it and put lighter ones over it. OMG it's gorgeous. It gives a big oomph to your colours ! Steamy has never looked more beautiful than over blackground, but even more plain,neutrals colours look great. If you're not sure if this black one will be something for you, try smudging out a black liner all over your lid and put colours over it. If you like the effect you will love blackground !

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great dark base for purples and blues, makes these colors really pop! I try to stay below the crease when applying this because you do have to use more if you really want it super dark. I love the flecks of shimmer so it's not too matte. I also like to use this as a liner base. I haven't had problems with my paint pots drying yet, I usually store them upside down and leave them upside down when I take the top off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes...An easy way out for Smokey looks....it's a great eyeshadow base. Love it! (NC42)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love paint pots because they make my eyeshadows show up so much better and more bold. The only problem is if you apply them too thick, they might crease. That's why I use UDPP under blackground paint pot because a thin layer just isn't dark enough. When I use a black base I want it to be dark so the colors I put on top stand out. I like to use blackground when I'm applying shadows with duocrome like Tilt or Crystal to make the other color show up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Like any other paintpots weakness is that its packaging can dry the product up a bit if not closed properly. Other then that the product itself is great! I love this black base for dramatic looks. Gives that extra oomph for the eyeshadow & it doesn't crease on me. It is unlike those grease paint sticks I believe, that came out with the Style Black collection. That is oily, so it will crease in most definately for oily lids (duh). I would love this paintpot even more if it's just a bit easier to blend because it's such a dark color it is hard for certain colors to blend out on top of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by channingtatum

I wasn't really sure about buying this because I thought I wouldn't be able to use it as much since I can't really do a smokey eye everyday. But I am glad that I did. This is such an amazing base to use. It makes doing a smokey eye super easy. It applies and blends beautifully. And this would last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome product. The texture is awesome, velvety, easy to apply, I use this to create smoky eyes in no time (you apply on lid and then you blend any eyeshadow with it and you use a lighter color to highlight the above part!) It darken ANY eyeshadows and is very customable, allowing you to create a variety of looks and dept.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to have this after I saw youtube vids where it can be used under light e/s as well for a day time look. The color goes on as a light grey if you only apply a light layer. The color very easy to build.

However, I had to return this back to MAC. I really wanted to love this but I just don't. I have dry skin and had a hard time applying this to my lids without tugging. I've tried applying it with my finger, with a flat brush, and with a 217 brush. I have to wear a layer of moisturizer on my lids before I can get this to go on my lids.

If I try to layer a lighter color on top for a daytime wearable look, it shows every crack of my lid because of the black contrast. It looks great under teals and dramatic colors, but I don't wear dramatic colors often enough to keep this paint pot. It had to go back.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by depew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loved this, its a very rich black with great color pay off. My favorite part about it is how versatile it is. I've used it as an eyeliner and as a smokey eye base. Both ways its gorgeous and long lasting, I have no complaints about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by icegirl99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favourite paint pot. Put this under Carbon, and it's the most intense black color I've ever gotten!