December 19, 2014 | 1563 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Groundwork

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by jessicatala97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE it! I wear a lot of neutral browns and this is my go to base, its a beautiful on any skin tone, and it compliments the brown shadow wonderfully :] These things last a long time, so its definitley worth your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent product. I use it by itself for a polished "office day look" (with a little bit of eye pencil), during the weekend by itself for a more casual look (great also if you play golf as it does not move) and as a base if I want a more dramatic evening look. The colour is not bland (a warm brown with slight shimmer - no glitter). It does not crease, lasts all day and it is very easy to apply (I use a Mac 217). It lasts ages and, compared to other brands, it is very affordable. A pot lasts me about 8 months (with heavy use).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A wonderful soft bunny brown with little sheen. This is great for adding a little definition in the socket/crease area. I have pretty fair skin, around a NW15. I can wear it all over my lids, but I like it more in the crease.

I have to wear it with some kind of primer underneath or it creases on my very oily lids. By the end of the day I notice some creasing underneath right above the inner corner of my eye, but nothing terrible. It last longer if I set it with e/s.

The texture is lovely, but still lasts a while. The jar is very solid and sturdy looking, but you need to make sure to close it tightly.

Goes on easily with a finger or a brush. Good for simple eye looks. I also think this would work well as a base for a soft smokey eye look, but I don't really care for that style of eye m/u so I haven't tried it for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by megs85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definately plan on repurchasing. This is my favorite go to primer. Enough said!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product will make your eyeshadow last all day without creasing. It's fantastic! It can also be used to fill in brows or as an eyeshadow alone. I love that it contains so much product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by londonhermit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im dark skinned and ground work shows up a chalky white but thats ok because I brought it to go under my shadow not to wear as one. It helps my shadows stay in place and makes the color pop.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this one. It ends up actually being the tone of my lid, but smoother, better, with a subtle satininess. For reference i am NC30. I love paint pots, both as stand alone shadows and bases for powder shadows. They wear like iron, and are smooth and cause me no irritation, which some eyelid products can (I'm looking at you UDPP). I bought mine when it first came out, and it's still fresh because I store it UPSIDEDOWN. Paint pots are one of my favorite MAC products and I'm peeved that MAC has decided to discontinue the colored ones of these like Delft, and Moss Scape, etc. But anyway, this is a great basic color that would work for a fairer person as a light taupe. great color, great product. I'm half way through my pot, so it takes a while, but I will definitely repruchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ki1312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is holy grail. Why?

1.As an eyeshadow, it is a taupe-y brown with a slight shimmer that does not make me look tired. (I have warm undertones)
2.As an eyeshadow base, it makes my eyeshadow last longer, prevents creasing etc etc... basically, it makes even drugstore eyeshadows work brilliantly on my lids.
3.It goes on smoothly and does not blend out unevenly on my eyelids, even though I use my fingers to apply it.
4.It does not crease at all, even when worn by itself.
5.A teeny tiny amount is needed per application - this pot is going to last me forever!

Do you need any more reasons? Anyone on whom painterly and soft ochre looked ashy will ADORE groundwork. GO check it out today! :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this as a base for brown shadows. Unfortunately when I wear it alone it fights a tad with my skintone but under a goldy brown shadow it really brings out the gold which is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by the0beginner

This is the first paint pot that I've ever purchased and I have to say that, I am not that happy and yet I'm not that disappointed. As a woman of color (NW 50) I wanted a base that would match my skin more as well as serve as a primer. At the MAC counter, the lady there tried this on me with the eyeshadow duo, odd couple. I loved how the purple played with color of groundwork. But somehow, I don't really like groundwork too much. It seems a bit too light for me and I'm starting to have second thoughts about it by itself. I am starting to eye Constructivist paint pot more and more. I won't say that I won't ever purchase this again because I might... but at the same time, I don't think that its completely right for my skin tone either. After purchasing Constructivist, I'll compare the two to see which one I like the most. But so far, other than the odd appearance on my lids, it doesn't crease my eyeshadow since i don't have oily lids and it really makes my eyeshadows look really vibrant.

UPDATE: LOVE LOVE this paint pot now. Realized that it was all about aplication, when I'm not heavy with it, it goes on sheer and blends really well with my skin tone. As for constructivist, its too dark for me, but its great for smoky eyes!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No