MAC Paint Pot - Groundwork

4.5

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

great color, keeps my cheap eyeshadows from creasing. No complaints, its a little costly though, you don't need much product to get the job done, so i imagine this will last me for a while.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Perfect for any neutral look. Worn alone or as a base. I love this paint pot!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE it! I wear a lot of neutral browns and this is my go to base, its a beautiful on any skin tone, and it compliments the brown shadow wonderfully :] These things last a long time, so its definitley worth your money!

Excellent product. I use it by itself for a polished "office day look" (with a little bit of eye pencil), during the weekend by itself for a more casual look (great also if you play golf as it does not move) and as a base if I want a more dramatic evening look. The colour is not bland (a warm brown with slight shimmer - no glitter). It does not crease, lasts all day and it is very easy to apply (I use a Mac 217). It lasts ages and, compared to other brands, it is very affordable. A pot lasts me about 8 months (with heavy use).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A wonderful soft bunny brown with little sheen. This is great for adding a little definition in the socket/crease area. I have pretty fair skin, around a NW15. I can wear it all over my lids, but I like it more in the crease.

I have to wear it with some kind of primer underneath or it creases on my very oily lids. By the end of the day I notice some creasing underneath right above the inner corner of my eye, but nothing terrible. It last longer if I set it with e/s.

The texture is lovely, but still lasts a while. The jar is very solid and sturdy looking, but you need to make sure to close it tightly.

Goes on easily with a finger or a brush. Good for simple eye looks. I also think this would work well as a base for a soft smokey eye look, but I don't really care for that style of eye m/u so I haven't tried it for that purpose.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Definately plan on repurchasing. This is my favorite go to primer. Enough said!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product will make your eyeshadow last all day without creasing. It's fantastic! It can also be used to fill in brows or as an eyeshadow alone. I love that it contains so much product.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Im dark skinned and ground work shows up a chalky white but thats ok because I brought it to go under my shadow not to wear as one. It helps my shadows stay in place and makes the color pop.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Love this one. It ends up actually being the tone of my lid, but smoother, better, with a subtle satininess. For reference i am NC30. I love paint pots, both as stand alone shadows and bases for powder shadows. They wear like iron, and are smooth and cause me no irritation, which some eyelid products can (I'm looking at you UDPP). I bought mine when it first came out, and it's still fresh because I store it UPSIDEDOWN. Paint pots are one of my favorite MAC products and I'm peeved that MAC has decided to discontinue the colored ones of these like Delft, and Moss Scape, etc. But anyway, this is a great basic color that would work for a fairer person as a light taupe. great color, great product. I'm half way through my pot, so it takes a while, but I will definitely repruchase this one.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is holy grail. Why?

1.As an eyeshadow, it is a taupe-y brown with a slight shimmer that does not make me look tired. (I have warm undertones)
2.As an eyeshadow base, it makes my eyeshadow last longer, prevents creasing etc etc... basically, it makes even drugstore eyeshadows work brilliantly on my lids.
3.It goes on smoothly and does not blend out unevenly on my eyelids, even though I use my fingers to apply it.
4.It does not crease at all, even when worn by itself.
5.A teeny tiny amount is needed per application - this pot is going to last me forever!

Do you need any more reasons? Anyone on whom painterly and soft ochre looked ashy will ADORE groundwork. GO check it out today! :)

Top Rated Eye Shadow