MAC Lipglass in Lychee Luxe

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been looking for a gorgeous coral peach gloss with some extra shimmer or pop to it. Think this is the one for me. I tried the neutrals and there just blah for me. I put the main focus on my lips most of the time, so I love a stand out shade with soft eye colors. This looks exactly on my lips as in the tube. There is no red in it, it's a true orange coral. However, your lip tone may change the way it looks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

On my dark pink pigmented lips, Lychee Luxe is a high-shine sheer warm dark coral with just a pinch of true gold shimmer. Quite simply, it's my favorite bright lipcolor ever. I love wearing this with all black, or brightly-colored tops in summer, with very subdued eye makeup and just a little peachy blush. A few words about the formula - Lipglasses aren't nearly as sticky as they used to be, and in fact are just sticky enough to last until I eat/drink. The thickness/stickiness of the formula indicates that it's supposed to be worn over balm, something other l/g manufacturers could learn from since pigment tends to be drying. I especially love that I can wear Lipglasses over my Laura Mercier Lip Plumper without having gloss dripping down my chin 20 minutes later. So to me, the formula is perfect. Love the true vanilla scent also.

Beautiful color ,glad I listened ,yet again to my beautful MUA gals.Swatched its a medium coral pink with gold shimmer ,perfect for spring and summer ,but Id wear it all the time;-) I tried it on today with merrily blush and its fabulous together. It makes me look put together even in a ponytail !!!!

on 7/29/2008 10:53:00 AM

This is more reddish than i thought, i mean, on my lips.
in the tube its the perfect coral, but on my lips, its just too strong.
being very MAC, this is wayyy too opaque to be considered as a 'lip gloss' well, i didnt know it was a lipglass and the power of lipglasses... until now.
pretty on everyone else, but not on me. just.. too opaque and red.

A GREAT COLOR, just not on me (sigh)

on 6/7/2008 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Received this as part of the Christmas trio set a while back. The color is a great amplified pink and definitely adds some sass for an evening look.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Could live with or without. Great for a red lip thats not red if that makes sense. Im warm toned, but I cant pull off a red red lip. This is a great color for formal occassions, but a bit much for everyday wear. I'll repurchase until I find a red that works on my full lips.

As a product: Sticky indeed, as noted in all of MAC's lipglasses; this also carries the typical Vanilla-esque scent. Lasting power is good for a gloss - about an hour without fading and about 2 hours + before gone completely. Clear tube with black cap, doe-foot applicator. Retails for $14

As a color: Lychee Luxe is a brilliant, vibrant pink with a tiny hint of coral and gold shimmer. The color in the tube is true on my semi-pigmented lips as well, and completely brightens my NC20 skintone.

As a whole: **PERFECT** color for summer, but possibly more suited to warm skintones. No complaints ;)

Complementary products: Shimmery beige shadow (i.e. Smashbox Champagne), brown eyeliner (i.e. Clinique Chocolate Luster), and bronzer.

on 4/28/2008 8:49:00 PM

The colour of this is very intimidating in the tube, almost like an electric coral with shimmer. HOWEVER when you do put it on it turns out to be a very nice sheer peachy/coral colour with a little bit of shimmer. After applying all over my lips with the wand I usually pat my lips down with my ring finger to take off the excess lip gloss--I end up with just the right amount of colour. Great for day or fresh looks :o)

I took one lippie off just because this was kind of sticky compared to my other MAC l/g's... But a layer of lip balm before this lipglass fixes that :o) Would most definitely repurchase but I'd probably try other colours as well.

on 4/25/2008 10:30:00 PM

Oh I just love this gloss! It's a bit scary in the tube but on my light skin (NC20-25) it just pops but doesn't make my lips scream. Just a beautiful coral with gold shimmer that is perfect for Spring/Summer.

on 4/13/2008 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is just "meh" for me. The thing that brings it it down to that "meh" level is the gold shimmer in it. This orange/coral color is perfect for someone with my coloring (warm, yellow undertones) but that gold shimmer just is too much for me! MAC is not my favorite lipgloss brand, but I enjoy just popping in the department store and treating myself to a lipglass every now and then. Unfortunately, I will not pop in and repurchase Lychee.

Recommended for Medium Skin