October 23, 2014 | 1839 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Olay - Definity Eye Illuminator

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

I just started using this - I'm "cautiously optomistic" about the product, since so far, it's doing quite well.

I feel the pain of other reviewers who mentioned this product's price - however, I purchased this at Sam's for $38.88, for TWO full size containers. Pretty decent deal - just hope it works!

This is almost gel-like - very cooling when first applied, but absorbs quite quickly. I noticed smoothing of the fine lines in my eye area within two days, especially those beginning crow's feet - and a tightening sensation - my undereye area feels better moisturized, too -

I'll be updating this again in two weeks or so - for now, this is working out well for me -

EDIT: This is working very well on the beginnings of crow's feet I had at the outer edge of my eyelid - I have sensitive, combination skin that is really tough to find products for, but this seems to be doing well. The fine lines below my eyes are doing better, as well, although not as noticable as the other lines.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by MamaChoobie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was not at all impressed with this product, despite the advertising campaign promises. It neither moisturized nor illuminated my eyes one bit. I actually stopped using the product before it was half gone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was not that moisturizing and it was not easy to rub in. I guess this is good for eye circles, but not as good for moisturizing, wrinkles, or firming. It also has a reflective shimmer in the product so eye circles aren't as visible. The cream was okay overall. I don't know if it's worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by mezzogal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always had trouble with dark circles, no matter how much water I drink, how much I sleep, or how many vitamins I take. I have noticed a positive change in my under eye circles with using this product. No, it's not an absolute miracle worker, but it does help and people have commented on how much better my eyes look. One reviewer commented that the product gets suck in her fine lines and ends up calling attention to them, but if you gently massage the product in, I find this doesn't happen.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by jgurriere

I have been suing this product for 6 months. During this time I have noticed a slight increase in little wrinkles under my eyes. The shimmer in the cream is the only thing that lightens dark circles though. I don't feel it is an actual treatment, just atemporary fix.

After using it for a few weeks, it does cause temprary stinging under my eyes when I apply makeup, but it seems to subside ina few minutes.
The packaging is good. I feel I can get every last drop since it pushes the product from the bottom up

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by principia

This smooths out and lightens the skin under my eyes. Not much in the way of a moisturizer, but it definitely brightens. Love the package and I'm a sucker for a nice looking bottle, but I'd rather try something else than get this again. Not bad, but not HG material.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by karibeemoss

I really liked this. I noticed the skin around my eyes become a bit firmer. I am 44 and I thought it reduced the look of my wrinkles. It made my dark circles less apparent (although it is temporary - you have to reapply every day).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by cynthea

nice packaging but it doesnt do anything for my eyes except burn them

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by love4chanel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Packaging is groovy, pump makes it really sanitary and helps determine how much to use, but I don't see the "Illuminator" properties, except that it does have an irridicent look in the pump. It works fine for an everyday eye moisturizer- the texture is light (not thick like a heavy cream, but heavier than a gel- perfect for me.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the eye product that has the spiral of pearl creme twirled through clear gel. Pretty neat looking. However, if you have a single line around your eye, that pearly creme will highlight each one!! I'm over 50...what did I expect? Except that Definity is marketed to my age group, so I don't get what Procter & Gamble was thinking. All of that being said, if you LIKE that look, then this is a nice, light, fast absorbing eye product. The consistency is lovely and it feels good on. It's $30 at CVS. For Olay! What happened to the reasonably priced drugstore products?