September 30, 2014 | 1044 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very sweet, oriental fragrance. Reminds me of a dark colored candy with some spice added. The drydown is actually quite nice when the patchouli starts to come through. But, my feeling is that the fragrance is quite shallow. If there were more depth - ie. spice, amber, something to fill out, it would have been a nice fragrance. Love the dark blue bottle and the scent is long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by pupiq

At first very sharp, smoky and men's aftershave smelling. Dries down to something less dramatic and despite being a little overhelming, this perfume is by no means extraordinary. But oriental woody fans may like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yumyumyum. Mood-lifter. Compliment-getter. Will make you want to put on that RED lipstick you rarely touch, & go out to a party.
Sweet, spicy, long-lasting, dramatic, has a lot of pent-up energy. It smells like cigarettes and posh desserts and the deep, dark woods that Little Red Riding Hood had to hike through. It doesn't assault your nose immediately, it steals over you like fog.
(It also has a touch of the Earl Grey tea smell hiding in it, which isn't necassarily a bad thing...just because withered British colonialists drank it, doesn't mean it smells like them. It smells smoky & dark & tempting.)
Rosberg3 said in her review that it is "terrifying" and that it is...absolutely terrifying. Mwahaha. But in a good way, an excellent way. It will intimidate all the Miss Dior Cheries in the room.
If you liked Flowerbomb, you will totally love this fragrance, NOT because they resemble each other *literally*, but because they're both an olfactory overload. Also, if you couldn't carry off Opium but loved it, Midnight Poison will give you that same feeling of strength and sexiness, but it's more wearable.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by kershneep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love it love it love it

so wonderful- get compliments every time i use this... ppl say that even at the distance they can smell this perfume. thats what i most admire about this. go out there and get it. you wont regret it :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by meriellyn

I like this. It's woodsy and spicy and warm and a little masculine but still with a little sweetness and femininity. I think it's a comforting smell (I've even sprayed it on my sheets a couple times). Very Fall but some could certainly carry it off other times. Definitely strong. You only need a tiny bit. And not a smell that will be missed.
It's not something I'd wear on a date but I really like it for myself. Actually, I'm wearing it right now.
I definitely get the patchouli (in a good way, I assure you), amber, and some rose. I also get a bit of cedar, initially.
It starts off very patchouli/cedar and gets sweeter, softer, and more feminine as it wears. In the dry down, you can definitely distinguish the "Poison." This smells nothing like Pure Poison overall but in its last stages before I showered last night and in the bit that I got on my shirt, I could smell the similarity (that bit that ties all the Poisons together... but Pure Poison is the other one I actually own and am very familiar with so that the example I use).

The only negative about this product is that while it is quite strong, it fades quickly. In a few hours, it is barely detectable on the skin. And since it starts off so in-your-face, this isn't something you'd want to reapply once you're out and about.
It lingers longer on clothing, of course, so that helps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the latest addition to the Poison lineup, joining original Poison (1985), Tendre Poison (1994), Hypnotic Poison (1998) and Pure Poison (2004). I like all those except Tendre Poison. Just like it's older sisters, Midnight Poison is definitely an evening fragrance. I wouldn't wear this in summer either, it's too heavy. It is a mysterious fragrance comprised of Patchouli, Amber and Rose. It is reminiscent of Dior Addict (2002) which is a good thing. I love it....very spicy and unique. I'm a guy by the way...I find it hard to find guy's fragrances that I like wearing (all of Dior's men's fragrances are nice, it's others I find offensive).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's hard for me to use most EDP. I burn things with my body chemistry. Fragrances smell on me like their ingredients were torched upon hitting my skin. I am an auburn-haired green-eyed 37 year old with transparent skin. I can wear Lacoste Pour Femme, Stella, Allure, Samsara and now this.

Topnote: I don't get the patchouli. I get a camphor. It's a very green/woodsy smell there. Midnote: very powdery, maybe a little citrus or bergamot and vanilla there. Also, I get some rose and blueberry. Drydown: I get more powder and rose. I can see how others get amber, maybe that's there too and I'm missing it in the cocktail.

I find myself spritzing during the day. Something I never have done before. Also I want to do crazy things like spray my car interior with Midnight Poison as well! I think I shall make this my signature fragrance for the cooler months. Also I admire the beautiful ads. I am iffy on the bottle; while the shape is familiar and has aged 20 years, it's at least is a beautiful fresh shade of midnight blue with silver trim, and shall be prominently displayed on my vanity. This takes me back to different places and times. I think this is the gothic thing others here commented Dior was hoping to achieve. It worked here.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a real soft sport for the Dior house, and though I would hate the brand to only sell the new, teeny-bopper-to-addicted-shopper crowd pleasers, in a way, I find them quite agreeable. They are an amenable bunch, and sometimes I do indeed want to appeal to the crowd. I know I have the confidence in my own taste to wear an awkward, difficult fragrance; so when I wear something with as much mass appeal as Midnight Poison or Jíadore, I feel like I make it my own. I almost feel perverse wearing something this easy; like itís naughty. Itís stealing! Stealing from those who make these likeable Diors their signature scents.
Personally I think Midnight Poison has had an unfair ride. Itís a delicious, warm, orangey fragrance, with undertones of benzoin and tobacco. I get a lot of tobacco on my skin, regardless of whether itís listed as a note. Perhaps itís an olfactory illusion. One thing I know to be an olfactory illusion is the baked potato skins I can sometimes detect. Lavender is another; apparently it is just the bergamot giving Midnight Poison its cologne feel. The bergamot needs to be there though, to temper the sweetness. The first time I ever tried this I got more rose; now itís orange-heavier. Orange is uplifting and does good things to the soul, and here itís as lickable as mandarin sorbet.
The fragrance I consider to be closest to this is Boucheronís Trouble. I like Trouble, but there is something about it I canít meld with. It makes me frown. Midnight Poison doesnít make me frown, but makes me gleeful and feel a bit dark. A shower with a juicy LUSH shower gel, followed by Boucheron Troubleís body cream (which, in comparison to the spray, is sublime), and a generous spritzing of this, and Iíd feel that dazzling someone on a dark night wasnít entirely out of the questionÖ

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by taylorwest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a spicy fragrance that smells, initially, almost like a men's cologne. But it ends with more sweetness. It would be too strong for summer, during the day, but it seems OK for evening--a little sexy, a little sweet. But it's definitely noticeable, not a scent to wear if you don't want passerbys to notice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm definitely drawn to the Poison line. I've had them all apart from Hypnotic Poison (which I'm hoping to get soon). The only one that I didn't rate was Tendre Poison, mainly because it was rather citrus-scented. Citrus scents just do not work for me at all.
Midnight Poison is one of my favourites though. I'm rubbish at describing notes & how a perfume smells, I just know what I like. I like this a lot. I never fail to feel glamorous after a spritz of this.
My all time favourite is Angel, a scent people either adore or loathe. This comes a very close second and hubby says it's his favourite.
The bottle is gorgeous too, a deep midnight blue apple shape that stands on my dresser as it's too pretty to leave on a shelf.
Will definitely keep this in my perfume rotation.