September 17, 2014 | 981 users online

Brows - Bare Escentuals - Eye Brow powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mandms08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't sure what to expect because I've only used pencils. However, I haven't been able to find any natural-colored pencils so I tried this powder as a last result. Not only was it a powder but a loose powder. And I love it! The look is natural and you need very little (if you overapply, it looks fake).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by dromano2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this all the time for my brows and I really like it. I have naturally dark eyebrows so the brunette color works perfectly for me. You have to use a light hand with the powder though or the color will go on very dark. I remedy this problem by simply picking up the color from the lid instead of from the powder in the container. This also makes the container last a really long time because you barely need any powder to get the desired effect. It can be easy to spill over too so be careful. It stays on very well throughout the day, but I always use it with a brow gel. I don't like brow pencils as well as powder because I have a much heavier hand with a pencil and I could never find a good match for my dark brow color that wasn't too black or too brown. Because of this, Bare Escentuals brow powder is perfect for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by AshleyBB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the lightest shade and it comes out way to dark on my eyebrows. It always spills and drys out my skin, I guess this is a love it or leave it product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by groovinchic

I've been using the eyebrow powder for over a year, and I feel like I've barely made a dent in the product. It's a great powder. No matter how late I have to work, I never have to redo my brows. I'm a huge fan!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly16

decided to try this product out based on the reviews here, and I am glad i did. For $11/jar at Sephora, it's cheaper than the Anastasia brow powder and the brunette color here looks more natural on me than the brunette version from Anastasia (which is more brown). The powder stays put all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by maret81

I use this every day. I like it, but it isn't very exciting in any way. Dark Blonde/Medium Brown is a perfect colour for me. I'm very glad I read the reviews before purchasing the darker shade. I wish the jar had a sifter, because it is easy to spill the powder. I would buy this again, but the small jar will probably last forever. I have used it for over a year, and it still got more than 70 percent left. Edit: I also use it as an eyeliner with an angled brush on lazy days. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I buy the pale/ash blonde. It is so hard to find the right shade for medium-blonde eyebrows; usually they're either way too brown or way too light. I really like this one. My eyebrows are lighter in the middle than they are on the ends so I use it just to fill in the middle part, it works great, and looks really natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by nikita2471

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been a Bare Escentuals user since the late 1990s but amazingly enough, I never used the mineral foundations or eye makeup. I lived in San Francisco when you could only find Bare Escentual stores just there or in select airports around the country.

I started using the brow kit back in 2003. I was visiting friends in SF (I live in Memphis now) and dropped by one of the stores to pick up some of their wonderful lotions and get my first brow wax. The MUA there introduced me to the Brow kit. I'd never used a powder type on my brows as I was using regular waterproof black brown mascara! I know I know! So, she showed me how to fill my brows with the use of the brow powder and I was hooked!

Over the years, I have tried other brow products but I'm never satisfied with them! I've even tried the much touted Anatasia products and I find them too overpriced and don't work well for me. Bare Escentuals brow powder is truly the best!

One small container (the only size you'll find it in) will actually last a whole year. You really don't need but a small pinch to use every day for both brows.

I found that applying the brow gel first, let dry, then the brow powder and finally brow gel again is the best way! This will make the brow powder last longer and look more natural on your brows. I have very thin brows and I NEVER leave home without putting on brow powder!

I'm filipino so my color is the darkest one they have: brunette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

I bought this after remembering how great my brows looked after an Origins makeover where they were filled in. :-) I purchased the brow kit at a BE store, which came with the brush, gel and the brow powder -- I got the Dark Blonde/Medium Brown color, which is perfect for me. I LOVE using this to fill in my brows! The brush is easy to use, and while I despise the whole "swirl-tap-buff" BS, it makes sense with the brow powder. Swirl a bit on the brush in the cap, tap off the excess (if you don't it'll just flake onto your eyelids!), and then gently sweep the color on in strokes. Afterwards, a little gel, and voila -- perfectly polished brows. I hate BE packaging as it is leaktastic, but a small gripe for an otherwise awesome product. If I ever run out (not likely in this lifetime!), I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

I got a sample of this from Sephora -- in Dark Blonde and Brunette.

FYI, I have black hair, but I find dark brow colours look too Groucho Marx on me, even with my black hair! However, the Brunette shade, dark as it is, looks very natural. In fact, it is the darkest shade I've used that looks so natural!

(I had been using the duo brow powder from Anastasia.) Anyway, both colours are great - I might buy the Dark Blonde to mix with the Brunette for a "no makeup" look. Each pot is only $11, so why not?!

The only gripe I have about it is that the pot has no sifter on top (from what I saw in the store and what I've read on here). That would be the only improvement I can think of to make this product better. I am going to buy the full-size pot as soon as I get my butt back to Sephora!

Ps - I am not a Bare Escentuals fan, and I love this brow powder. continued >>