MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque

4.2

I love this paint pot. I prefer my paint pots to have some color or something extra to them rather than a plain base (aka Painterly), but that's just personal preference. It's a beautiful, unique color that really is great as a base for other eyeshadows or as a simple all over color, which is what I usually do for a quick and easy, cute eye look in the summer. Definite must get!!

I like this color a lot, I just wish that it was as creamy as my other paintpots. I own painterly and nubile and they both have a concealer consistency but this one is a lot drier for me for some reason, I dont know if it dried out of not, but this has just been my experience.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my very first paint pot and I'd like to know where it's been all my life. I will probably be using paint pots as bases instead of using plain primer most of the time. I love the champagney-gold colour of this paint pot. I've been using it with my Autumn eye looks and it makes the golds/berries/bronzes more vibrant. I will be re-purchasing this when it starts to run out because I never want to be without it.

I love PaintPots! Especially rubenesque. It is a perfect peachy pink champange color, in a long lasting shimmery cream eye shadow. Great base and also really pretty on its own. If your only going to get one paint pot go for this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What a great everyday base shade! If I dab this on before smudging on a darker shade (Constructivist PP or brown liner), I'm set for the day. It's an essential daily product for me and I love it more than UDPP.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Ok so I was lemming Rubenesque for a really long time. I did a CP with a lady in the US and seeing as MAC is cheaper there, I figured I'd ask her to swap me for it. So here I was really excited to get it and I was over the moon when it came to my door but I'm so disappointed with this product. I think I actually dislike/don't use most of my MAC products because they can be sooo hit and miss, the only thing I KNOW I like are the lipsticks.
I read the reviews here and saw people complaining that it applied patchy and stuff, well I didn't take it that seriously because I was so in love with the pretty Rubenesque I had swatched in store. I just had to have it. I'm so disappointed because It applies so patchily and uneven! I can't get an even wash of colour on my eyelids at all. I've tried applying with my fingers, with a dense concealer brush, with primer, without primer, with moisturiser and without, you name it, I have really tried to make this work because it is very pretty. Such a disappointment. Although I don't like it, I will give it one point - it doesn't crease when used over primer. I know people like to use this as an eyeshadow base but I can't vouch for its effectiveness as one, I just intended to use it as a cream eyeshadow. The patchy and uneven application actually makes my eyelids look horrendously dry, flaky and crusty. Lol. What a disappointment.
Packaging's good, this is just a little glass jar with the black lid, pretty typical of MAC, nothing special or OTT about it.
Would I buy this again? LOL wut, never in my life. When I finish 6 of my other MAC products I'll gouge this crap out of the pot with a smile on my face and take my containers back for a pretty lipstick. BACK TO MAC YOU GO.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have had this for six months and use it most days. You would think it was brand new! Not even a dent. It's such a good colour for yellow toned women (NC20) as a base under neutrals, browns and golds. I also use it as a base for bright colours, it adds slight iridescence and lasts for like 24 hours. The only time I don't where this is when I wear a blue based pink blush or lipstick. It clashes because Rubenesque is really warm and peachy. Smooth as butter and gorgeous! Also I apply with my finger, the warmth makes it so smooth going on to the lid. I know some people like to use a synthetic brush.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know why the MAC gal chose "rubenesque" for me, it was so orange and frosty, I didn't like it. The Bare Study is PERFECT..I have NC-20 skin, dark hair, green eyes, and its a beautiful shimmery champagne beige that is perfect for an everyday look or to glam up bolder colors. I will definitely recommend this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really liked this product! The color was so gorgeous! The consistency was very creamy! This color really goes well with a lot eyeshadows! I will absolutely be repurchasing this again!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product! Beautiful as a sheer wash of color over the lid or built up for a more intense color. Also great as an eyeshadow base. I'm looking forward to trying the Bare Study paint pot!

Top Rated MAC Products