October 1, 2014 | 1348 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Rubenesque

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by KatieBatieFoFatie

I like this color a lot, I just wish that it was as creamy as my other paintpots. I own painterly and nubile and they both have a concealer consistency but this one is a lot drier for me for some reason, I dont know if it dried out of not, but this has just been my experience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

This is my very first paint pot and I'd like to know where it's been all my life. I will probably be using paint pots as bases instead of using plain primer most of the time. I love the champagney-gold colour of this paint pot. I've been using it with my Autumn eye looks and it makes the golds/berries/bronzes more vibrant. I will be re-purchasing this when it starts to run out because I never want to be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by brittney93

I love PaintPots! Especially rubenesque. It is a perfect peachy pink champange color, in a long lasting shimmery cream eye shadow. Great base and also really pretty on its own. If your only going to get one paint pot go for this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

What a great everyday base shade! If I dab this on before smudging on a darker shade (Constructivist PP or brown liner), I'm set for the day. It's an essential daily product for me and I love it more than UDPP.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I was lemming Rubenesque for a really long time. I did a CP with a lady in the US and seeing as MAC is cheaper there, I figured I'd ask her to swap me for it. So here I was really excited to get it and I was over the moon when it came to my door but I'm so disappointed with this product. I think I actually dislike/don't use most of my MAC products because they can be sooo hit and miss, the only thing I KNOW I like are the lipsticks.
I read the reviews here and saw people complaining that it applied patchy and stuff, well I didn't take it that seriously because I was so in love with the pretty Rubenesque I had swatched in store. I just had to have it. I'm so disappointed because It applies so patchily and uneven! I can't get an even wash of colour on my eyelids at all. I've tried applying with my fingers, with a dense concealer brush, with primer, without primer, with moisturiser and without, you name it, I have really tried to make this work because it is very pretty. Such a disappointment. Although I don't like it, I will give it one point - it doesn't crease when used over primer. I know people like to use this as an eyeshadow base but I can't vouch for its effectiveness as one, I just intended to use it as a cream eyeshadow. The patchy and uneven application actually makes my eyelids look horrendously dry, flaky and crusty. Lol. What a disappointment.
Packaging's good, this is just a little glass jar with the black lid, pretty typical of MAC, nothing special or OTT about it.
Would I buy this again? LOL wut, never in my life. When I finish 6 of my other MAC products I'll gouge this crap out of the pot with a smile on my face and take my containers back for a pretty lipstick. BACK TO MAC YOU GO.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Cb0205

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this for six months and use it most days. You would think it was brand new! Not even a dent. It's such a good colour for yellow toned women (NC20) as a base under neutrals, browns and golds. I also use it as a base for bright colours, it adds slight iridescence and lasts for like 24 hours. The only time I don't where this is when I wear a blue based pink blush or lipstick. It clashes because Rubenesque is really warm and peachy. Smooth as butter and gorgeous! Also I apply with my finger, the warmth makes it so smooth going on to the lid. I know some people like to use a synthetic brush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know why the MAC gal chose "rubenesque" for me, it was so orange and frosty, I didn't like it. The Bare Study is PERFECT..I have NC-20 skin, dark hair, green eyes, and its a beautiful shimmery champagne beige that is perfect for an everyday look or to glam up bolder colors. I will definitely recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by emiley760

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this product! The color was so gorgeous! The consistency was very creamy! This color really goes well with a lot eyeshadows! I will absolutely be repurchasing this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by charmedbeautyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! Beautiful as a sheer wash of color over the lid or built up for a more intense color. Also great as an eyeshadow base. I'm looking forward to trying the Bare Study paint pot!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dmcgeo1

My gripe with this is the color. I have pale skin, medium brown hair, and brown eyes. For some reason this color doesn't do much for me. However, the product is creamy and does not crease on me. If this color works for you then this is a good purchase.