April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by galadriel04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this product everyday since I bought it. I'm in NW20 and I find this is the perfect everyday colour for me. When I don't have time to do my make-up I use it all over the lid and this makes my eyes look healthier and more awake. I also use it as an eyeshadow base which is great too because it doesn't crease and it lasts all day! It is perfect if you like neutral and soft colours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bare Study is nice under other shadows, and also by itself. I haven't noticed any creasing with this but I always wear either UDPP or TFSI underneath. I have had this for around a year and no sign of drying out yet. I would repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff, this shade is the perfect neutral primer/cream shadow. Works really well on its own or with other shadows. The MAC SA put it on me under a blush (used as eyeshadow) and it looked really wonderful and stayed on well. I really wanted to get it that day and the price is not bad, I but I was buying two blushes.. Luckily though I was able to swap for it soon after, I think I will be wearing this almost every day. I have tried the maybelline tattoos and several other cream shadows, but the consistency of most is too thick and hard to blend. I love this paint pot because it is so creamy and easy to apply. Great find !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by cmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Ah I love this. I love my neutrals and shimmer so this is perfect! It is a beigey champagne color in the pot and on my NC20-25 asian skin tone it transfers almost the same on my eyelids. Consistency is excellent and creamy; 10x better than the maybelline color tattoos. This is easy to blend and gives a SHEER wash of color. This is great as a base for other shadows or can be worn alone for a slight shimmery color on the lids. Usually for school I will wear this (over primer) with some liner on the upper lashline and mascara and call it a day. The only problem this has is that I cannot use this as a primer because it does crease within 3 hours of application. I do not have oily lids and usually UDPP alone works well for me. So I have taken to layering this over a primer to really make it last. That being its only con, this lasts for a very long tim! It has been over a year already and I still half half of the product left and it hasn't dried out yet. Perfect during the winter or summer. I will definitely repurchase after I run out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bare Study is a very pretty shade of cream shadow - a light peachy beige/champagne colour with glitter. It's great for use on its own or as a base for powder shadows - especially those with frost or sheen when you really want to play up and intensify the sheen. On its own it is also very pretty. I do find Painterly more versatile for every day use. Unfortunately, my jar of Bare Study dried up awfully quickly - far faster than my jar of Painterly, which I've had for considerably longer. I don't know if I got a dud or if the frostier finish makes Bare Study more prone to drying up to the point where it's a pain to use it but I've replaced it with Benefit's RSVP, which seems much smoother and longer lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this paint pot. I wanted a neutral paint pot that had shimmer, and this is my second paint pot after painterly. I like to use this with an eyeshadow primer because I feel it makes it stay better and with a primer there is not chance of creasing at the end of the day. I use this under eyeshadows and also by itself when I just want a quick wash of colour over my eyelid. The lid needs to be shut really tight so that it doesn't dry out and I store this upside down, which I read was better for its longevity. I think this is a staple for every neutral eyeshadow lover!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely an HG product for me. It provides the perfect base for all my eyeshadows, and even though I have oily lids, my eyeshadows will last about 8 hours before I detect any creasing. It's a shimmery champagne color, but it's not too shimmery or frost. I like using this under mattes so they aren't flat. It makes all my eyeshadows a little bit more vibrant as well. I've used this almost everyday for over a year and it's still going strong. I've noticed that I can't wear UDPP or any other eyeshadow primer under this otherwise it will look very dry and cakey, so I just use it alone now. I would definitely repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by AngelCOH77

This to me is a miracle product! MAC lady advised me to try it as my eyeshadow kept disappearing into my crease. I thought the last thing I needed was a layer of shimmering cream on them. How wrong I was! It's a sparkling champagne shade, too frosty for me on its own but good under the brow and it grips onto eyeshadow on my lids til the death. I can now go to work all day and not have to touch up my eye shadow at lunchtime. Before i would even question applying it at all as it would quickly do a disappearing act. If I see that lady again I will give her the biggest hug ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by antynette

I really like this paint pot, it was my first and I have no serious complaints. It really does a great job at making sure my eyeshadow stays in place all day. Literally came home from rugby practice with done up makeup from a performance and my eye makeup had held up give or take a few eyeliner streaks. I like how it adds a slight shimmer to my matte shadows, it gives it a little extra oomph. I will repurchase after trying a few different types of paint pots but I think this will end up my HG due to it's ability to be so diverse.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I looooove this! This is an excellent base colour for eye shadow you only need a little and also lovely for highlighting the inner corner of your eyes. Product goes a long way, colour is lovely but may quite look pale for darker skins in which case I would choose a darker alternative. Also it doesn't sink into creases on the eyelids hence it makes a perfect base colour perfect for building powder eyeshadow onto the eyes.