December 19, 2014 | 1501 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by ClaraChanHK

I have been using this colour for over two years. This is my everyday HG. I have been using it around once every three days over the past two years, and I still have more than half a pot left! Very good value for money. Also, it hasn't dried out!

I am Chinese with black hair, dark brown eyes, and quite a warm complexion, but quite dark skin. It complements my skin very well.

This is my first MAC Paintpot. When I approached the saleslady, I asked for a more natural colour, she recommended this.

The colour is beautiful, it is easy to spread and blend. For school, I normally apply only this colour, but for concerts or more formal events, I use this in combination with Rubenesque, Constructivist and Artifact as a quad.

I find that the colour stays on really well, even in the heat and humidity of Hong Kong's summer - absolutely no creases at the end of the day. As a primer to eyeshadow, it helps the powdered colour stick on very well. I also find that this sort of eyeshadow colour goes very well with contact lenses as it doesn't flake.

I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ki1312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I expected it to be something like MAC's bronze eyeshadow - a dark brownish bronze. Instead, it is a very golden bronze. That said, it is IMMENSELY flattering on my NC43-44 skintone and it brightens up my entire face when I wear it alone as an eyeshadow.

I also layer it under antiqued, bronze, amber lights, romp - all MAC eyeshadows that really POP with indianwood underneath!

I have also tried putting indianwood on the inner half of my lid with twinks eyeshadow on the outer half - BEAUTIFUL!

However, I've deducted the one point because it may be a bit drying for some people's eyelids... :-/

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kmaness930

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A perfect light bronze, would look great on just about any skin tone. I often wear this alone on lazy days, but putting on a darker color in the outer V and crease looks great too. will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by lucylucyhh

A geniunely lovely lovely product.
The colour is gorgeous; a coppery bronzey gold. It makes my bluey greeny eyes look so bright. Only downside is I feel it can look a little orange sometimes
The formula is smooth and although it feels a little sticky on my eyelids at first it soon dries.
I expected the product to crease like crazy but I was very pleased to find it didnt crease much at all and that is without any primer!
I like to apply with the 195 concealer brush but I guess if I had short nails then a finger would do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Indianwood is definately a natural base color on my lids since Im n45 mac. It goes great under my shadows when I dont want them to pop, but I dont mean in a negative way. I love it for subtle day looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by MAClovaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first paint pot I purchased form MAC because they for some reason were out of skin coloured ones? But thats ok now lol. Anyways Indianwood is a bronzy/brown type of colour, easily buildable to a more metallic vibe. It is a very nice colour that you can wear alone or as a base. There is sooooooo much product in the the jar so the amount you get for teh price is decent but the initial cost is a bit much around $20 CA. I wouldn't repurchase simply because this will easily last 2 years and I dont wear it too much :(.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I own this and Painterly paint pots. I love both.

This is a nice bronze color. I use it alone as e/s a lot. I think you can use paintpots as a base.. instead of UDPP. I do that, and I also use it with UDPP.

It wears nice, the color is nice. NOT the easiest to blend but whatever. I love the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i first discovered these shadows i was like WOW. They are simply great. I currently have 5 shades:
a) Bare Study: Nude, Champagne
b) Fresco Rose: Nude, fair rose pink
c) Indianwood: Stunning dark gold/brownish
d) Moss Scape: Fabulous dark khahi green with golden undertones
e) Pharaoh: Well.... i used to be in love with this lime green colour but then the weirdest thing happened... A month after i started using it, it COMPLETELY dried out. And no i didn't forget the lid open or anything. Same thing happened to a friend of mine who bought this colour. So it's a big no no for me

Pros:
1) Highly pigmented and shimmery
2) Awesome colour range
3) Best staying power i've ever seen in cream eye shadows. I have very oily eye area and they still manage to last forever!
4) Less is More: Just take a small ammount, apply and you're ready to go!

Cons:
1) Once again like in all MAC products, a major con is the damn package. I have medium length nails and since i'm currently half way through my paint pots, i can't deep my fingertip in the stupid pot in order to use the product. And i despise using brushes with cream eye shadows. Grrrrrrr

Overall:
Will keep repurchasing the shades i've already got (except Pharaoh of course lol) and i do intend to buy new shades too! Highly recommend these to everyone <3

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by b0mbshell

I love this one! Indianwood is such a beautiful color alone, or with eyeshadow over it for a kick! I like to use it with browns, bronzes, coppers, etc, just to spice up the look of the eyeshadows and give them a different look/color. Beautiful especially in the summer and fall for the "golden goddess" feel. I will repurchase, but I don't see myself running out for a good while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by nociceptive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my favourite paint pots, great for a neutral but interesting look for work when used with a matte brown shade in the crease, and works perfectly with the colour 4 quad from spring forecast. Beautiful base for tempting, bronze and other similar colours. When applied with a finger (easy to do as it is so creamy) it definitely isn't too shiny for a daytime look.