October 1, 2014 | 1326 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff. It emulsifies well, smells fantastic, and leaves me squeaky clean (but not dry). A little of this goes a long way, so you don't use that much per use. Meaning, one bottle lasts a long time! I've repurchased this many times, and the peppermint one is still my favorite. I've tried the lavender one as well, but definitely prefer this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by islandness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Had to review this product because I believe that it has helped my acne significantly over the last month. At the same time that I started using this on my face as a cleanser I also started drinking peppermint tea and adding a drop of tea tree oil to my moisturizer (Spectro acne-prone and Tamanu oil) morning and night. Since I started these at the same time I don't know which one is making the difference or if it's the combination. I have found people on the internet also saying that peppermint tea has dramatically reduced their acne.

Give it a try since all these things are fairly cheap compared the crap acne systems out there...and they are natural! Hope this helps someone else because I am almost to the point that I don't need much foundation...finally :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderfully refreshing, multi-purpose soap. The secret to getting the most out of it is to get a foaming soap dispenser. I dilute it but don't have any recommended ratio. I use this all over and don't find that it "burns" any sensitive areas. For traveling, I keep a 2 oz. bottle in my carry-on. I've used this as face wash, body wash, hand soap and laundry detergent. Best of all, this is all-natural, vegan and never tested on animals, eco-friendy, and Fair Trade. Seriously, I feel so good using this soap. I will buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great as a shower gel however, we have very hard water at our house so it's impossible to clean with this stuff. Tried mopping w/ it, making all purpose spray etc, and it leaves a film on the surfaces I used it on... (the spray is great at killing ants tho) Probably works much better with soft water. I use it in the shower and it's fabulous, nice lather, heavenly smell, and my skin is soft without lotion on (who wants to put that on when it's been 90-100 degrees everyday all summer). I have to be careful not to get it in my hair since I can't get it to rinse out. And have to use the magic eraser to scrub all the soap residue off the tiles and tub lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have mad love for this soap. Raving mad love. Absolutely NOTHING makes me feel more refreshed than this stuff. So far, this summer has been a little slice of hell, and this soap is heaven in a bottle. In fact, I use it every season. Yes, it tingles and makes my skin feel literally cold, but it's so... awakening. So renewing. It also strikes a perfect balance between cleansing and moisturizing; my skin never feels stripped and never feels filmy or over-moisturized. The fragrance is a perfect peppermint that helps clear my sinuses a bit, too.
I also love the packaging. I have nothing against the "All-One" jargon all over the label. I'm anything but a religious person, but for some reason, the entire thing is visually endearing, in an old-fashioned way. It makes me feel like I purchased it from an old-timey... "shoppe"... or apothecary, or something. It's kind of masculine, and a break from all of the cutesy, girly bottles of my other bath products.
My only gripe with this stuff is the fact that it can make me break out a little bit on my back once in a while- not enough to not use it, but enough to dock a lippie. Regardless, I've been using this soap for almost a year and nothing's made me want to stop. It's amazing, and a huge bottle costs about $9.99. Love.

(PS: DON'T LET THIS GET IN YOUR JUNK. It just... doesn't feel nice.)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

EDIT: 8.30.12 To everyone who is voting down my review, I'm not religious and I think this product packaging is weird. But don't vote "unhelpful" just because I don't agree with your faith. People like myself who just wanted to try a good soap need to know this detail.

This is a semi-bizarre product. I find myself reading the snippets of philosophy, religion, and whatnot all over the label whilst in the shower. The label turns me off from the product immensely; I don't need Biblical teachings, Dr. Bronner, I would like to clean myself.

This castille soap is very refreshing and cuts through oil and grime wonderfully. I personally prefer regular body washes rife with chemicals but this stuff smells just like candy canes. It's delicious, makes the bathroom smell lovely. I am not a fan of cold, tingling genitalia, and therefore do not like using this anywhere besides my torso. The scent doesn't really last outside the shower anyway. I haven't found a mint soap that smells as great as this so I would probably try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this soap! I love the cool sensation it gives when you use it in the shower and it is fantastic for pedicures! (Thanks to the viewer below for the suggestion!) I also use it to mix in with some sea salt to create a lovely peppermint foot scrub! There are so many great uses for this soap, I recently discovered it's great properties for use around the house - to clean the dishes and wash my fruits and vegetables. :) I'll definitely repurchase this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by minimalisto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This, tea tree and baby mild are only dr bronners scents I wouldn't buy again. The peppermint because it burns the more sensitive skin areas, catch? I didn't like how strong the smell was on the floors either. I've been buying dr bronners for past ten years, and love their citrus, almond, and lavender. I wouldn't recommend the peppermint.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I love this soap, especially since Trader Joe's has the large bottles for $10. I keep it diluted in a foaming soap dispenser, so that bottle lasts me several months. It's great after a workout at the gym, and is a staple when I go camping. I will repurchase since you have to dilute it, and it lasts a long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by cerafina205

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love this stuff!! i use it all over in the shower and i give my self pedicures with it. I love Dr. Bronner and all his products and after watching a documentary on net fix about him, i love his products even more, what an interesting man he was!