July 31, 2014 | 1704 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by echamier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had my CHI straightener for about 3 years now. I do not have a single complaint about it. It has been through hell and back, but still seems to work just like the day I got it. It is fabulous for straightening, curling, creating waves, and even crimping my hair. It is a pretty expensive tool, but definitely worth the price! I expect to have this straightener for years to come.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had my CHI for about 6 months before it died. It just would not turn on anymore. I was devastated. When I took it in to Ulta to exchange it the SA told me it was a common issue with this brand. So I purchased a T3 iron instead and have had no issues so far and its been over a year. Back to the CHI- while I had it I was very happy with the performance. My hair was silky and beautiful, I got alot of compliments. When visiting my hometown a guy friend asked what had happened to my "poofy" hair. Lol! I guess before my chi my hair was a mess! I would not repurchase only because of it dying so quickly. If they get that figured out I'd be in line to purchase another.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Beachluvr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used brand X inexpensive flat iron on my very curly hair and never achieved the silky, straight hair as my hair stylist. She told me the only difference was her Chi. (I use the same products as my hair stylist). Of course I was thrilled my hair stylist offered to get me a Chi at her cost. Wow, what a difference! Since my change of flat iron many years ago, I love how my hair turns out - straight and silky, without losing the body. I still have my original Chi and it works great. Since I am so dependent on my Chi I recently purchased a backup for $100 with coupon. When I receive compliments on my hair, people are shocked I have curly hair, LOVE MY CHI!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by nicoles620

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

On my 3rd CHI. First one i dropped and broke (whoops), second was the pink breast cancer CHI.. I had that one for over 6 years. It still actually works.. just not as great. So I bought a new one recently. Works great as ever.. Still wondering if I should have gave GHD a try. Considering that I only paid $80 for my CHI, I'm pretty content. My CHI dryer is also the pink turbo and has lasted 6 years. Looking into a new CHI dryer as well. Great products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I have tried soooo many hair straighteners out there. Everything from the expensive stuff down to what you buy at the drug store, I can honestly tell you Chi is by far my absolute favorite. Sure it's a bit on the pricey side, but this is your hair we're talking about. I love this iron because it is ceramic, which means it doesn't damage your hair as much as the regular kind of irons. it gives you beautiful silky straight hair. I always get compliments on my hair style and really it only takes me 25 min to straighten. I say splurge on this iron it's well worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

GOT IT FOUR SUMMERS AGO AND IS STILL GOING STRONG!!! I didnt start to use it often until 2 years ago though but anyway. I have had my chi for a while without a problem. I am bi-racial and after I blow dry my hair my hair is so huge almost like an afro lol but after I am done my hair is straightened beautifully. I have a pink one with crystals around where it says chi. I don't remember what it cost I think around 120.Usually,a flat iron doesn't last me over a year.Well, this is just THE best! I went thru 2 Jilbere flat irons,a Solia or something,and others before this one and they did not last nearly as long as my CHI. I finally got smart and shelled out the extra cash for the Chi and I'm not looking back. It takes less than half the time to do my hair now. It gives me a great hair day every day. I'll never buy another brand. It seems to heat up pretty fast and get hot enough for my hair. I don't mind that it doesn't have a dial setting for the heat,since I always have to put my hair tools on the highest setting for my hair type anyway. I also mastered the art of curling my hair with it to. The plates make my hair super shiny. I would defiantly repurchase. I don't mind paying a little more for a quality flat iron for the type of hair I have I feel like it is a necessity not an option. Don't forget your heat protectant :)
UPDATE 3/6/12

So after years of abuse,dropping it ect the other day if dropped and the box that gets plugged into the wall shattered and broke. I couldn't seem to find all the little screws and all of the small pieces. So I went to JC PENNY to purchase another one. Pennies and ULTA are supposed to be a reputable dealer of Chi's. Well it turned out that the new Chi I purchased had chipping paint in different places and it looked really sketchy. Honestly it had some flaws appearance wise that even my old Chi did not even have after years. Out of curiosity and the fact that I had to it least get my hair somewhat decent just to get out of the house to return it.(since without flat iron use my hair resembles Chaka Khan and did not want to go into a salon with an afro). Well anyway my hair kept getting stuck in the new Chi so bad as if the plates were off or not aligned correctly so after my hair got caught twice I realized wow I really have to slow down and be more careful (something I was not used to doing with my old one) It also was not as hot as my old one (which also was more time consuming). I had to go over the same piece so many times and very slow "to try" to get my hair how it normally would look after using my old one again (more time consuming). So after go over the pieces several times much slower and getting my hair caught in it several times when my hair was done I had a few pieces that still had some wave in it and had a little bit of frizz as if I was out while it was sprinkling outside. So it took longer,ripped hair out,and didn't look up to my standards. So after that I immediately returned it and was leery about repurchasing another one since I'm not sure if they are making them so fast from being in such high demand that they have defects or if even reputable dealers are selling refurbished ones without knowing since over the years so many people have send/exchange their non working ones in under warranty and had replaced it for a new one. I'm sure all those go somewhere and get fixed very cheaply and maybe even get a tacky little paint job that will chip off.

My fiance ended up replacing the plug on my old beloved Chi for me and I'm happy that I can still use it until it dies. But when it does I will not be repurchasing another one since I suspect my Chi that was made many years ago is much better quality. It gets the perfect temp without frying my hair,quick and easy to use,and my hair has never got caught or snagged like that before even with cheap irons I used to get at Sally's when I was a teen. My opinion is Chi has went downhill and I don't think I will be able to find the one I had that I bought many years ago that isn't refurbished being passed off as new in a shiny new box with free serum. After this goes which I fear the end is near I will certainly upgrade I will probably be interested in FHI Revolution Professional, some other professional irons,or maybe I will even try out ones that have all the bells and whistles that aren't so well known yet and completely mass produced and ran through like Chi. Chi is like a slut at this point that everyone ran through. I would not recommended buying one now. It's old and outdated there is better out there and newer technology. Expand your horizons. And this is coming from someone that always boasted about my Chi so this was a hard review to write. I am lowering my lippie from a 5 to a 2 for how terrible the Chi's are now and would I buy again from yes to no. tears*

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by zoeybear20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I started going to a new salon, the girl used a chi on my hair and my hair was so nice and straight and shiny afterwards. I went out and bought one shortly after learning that's what she was using, and I love my chi. I've had mine for 3 or 4 years now and it's still going strong. When it decides to not work on me anymore I will probably try out something else even though I love the chi, but it looks like there are even better straighteners out there that I would like to try. But I can't complain about my chi. It has helped me not have bad hair days.
I used to use it pretty much everyday, but now I try to only use it if I'm going out somewhere nice. I try to let my hair air dry so I don't damage it as much.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jcont1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought the 1" Chi cermaic flat iron after reading all the positive reviews. Here are some comments:

Pros
-digital thermometer allows you to set the temperature up to 400 degrees
- heats up fast
- straightens my long, thick hair quickly
-ceramic plates did not do a lot of damage

Cons
- not dual voltage so you can't take this outside of 110v areas (a huge bummer for those of us who travel a lot)
- died after 1 year of use

I bought this off Costco.com for a under $80 so I can't complain too much. I have since puchased at T3 flat iron and like it a lot more.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Versailles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this flat iron as a gift for Christmas two years ago and it's still going strong! I've used three other cheaper brands off and on for about six years now and this gives better results by far. My naturally frizzy, not-quite-straight-but-not-curly-either hair is silky and soft from my CHI until the next time I wash it. I'd definitely recommend getting one if you're not worried about spending the money, but if mine ever breaks I'd probably search around for a cheaper alternative since I've seen quite a few suggested.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Jasmine19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love my chi. Don't love the price though :/