December 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - loose powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by asian_eyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i agree with some of the other users in that it has a wierd smell to it. but no worries the smell disappears after you apply it. it really makes my skin soft but since my skin isnt rough to begin with i dont use it ofter. i do use it after i put on concealer for my dark circles then i use this powder around my eye area to make the concealer blend naturally. it makes your skin appear very smooth with no flaws. i use a brush to put the powder on. i think that works better. i dont htink i will need to repurchase it because it looks like it will last a longg time. also i find that this powder is very thin and not thick like other covergirl powders. thats a plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2005 10:50:00 PM More reviews by cheral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in translucent honey, which is actually a little dark for my skin so I am just going to use it as bronzer. It is an ok powder though. The packaging is really bad though, the container seems really cheap and its hard to screw on. Also the puff is a little bulky. It has a fragrance to it that I'm ok with but I can see it bothering some people.
I am going to give this a 2 because they really should say it has glitter in it and if people are hoping to use this as a 'professional' loose powder then they will have bought something useless. also i think there are better loose powders out there with better packaging for around the same price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2005 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sweetsiecola5

It's not the best powder out there. However, I like it better than Covergirl pressed powder. The packaging is teribble, though. It breaks very easily. Not good in your makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2005 5:26:00 PM More reviews by yoga4life101

The powder is nice and i didnt know it had sparkles in it but it looks nice... It give me a matte look for a lil' while but then I do re-apply... its kool though...The jar is king of big and you shouldnt carry it in your makeup bag...but i do... I like it... The jar is so cheap looking:)well the powder is cheap itself:)hehe... but yeah anyways i use it in transparent honey or something like that and I am a toasted almond complexion so... but yeah its kool... I'll buy it again if I cant find a better... I think it can last a long time too...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by scarletpimpernel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think CG Loose Powder is an excellent product. Before i began using it, my skin would always look ultra-oily like a pancake, about an hour and a half after wearing makeup. You know, sebum and foundation make a despicable combination. But after i started using this product my skin remains oil-free for a long long time, so the foundation works for a longer time and this product gives the matte effect. Finally after years im totally satisfied with my makeup base. I agree with everyone on the packaging and the puff..they both suck. Uve gotta use a powder brush.

If you have oily skin and are looking for something that will give u a 'normal skin' look with a mild glow go for this one. However im not sure how this goes with an average foundation, im currently using Maybelline's 3 in 1 Fond de Tent.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2005 12:04:00 AM More reviews by epitaph_for_myheart

I HATE the smell and the container and the puff!! BUT I love the amount of product *20grams!!!!* and how it sets and makes my face matte. Packaging sucks but I transfer it into a different container and actually use it with my foundation brush. This is definitely NOT for your make up bag and Seriously not for those with sensitive noses! I use translucent medium for my nc35 skin. It's a great price too! I can't remember how much it costs, I bought it a really long time ago and still have like, 17 grams left haha but it was cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2005 3:07:00 PM More reviews by shebusy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's an average powder all the way around. You won't hate it nor will you love it. There's better out there for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2005 4:13:00 AM More reviews by sparklyrocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is not milled finely enough and does give my face a bit of the cakey powder look. Also, there is an awful fragrance in it that reminds me of baby powder. I recommend using a powder brush for a better finish, not the puff that comes in it. Will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 12:09:00 PM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the product itself but HATE the jar.The powder is very nice,transparent and lightweight on your face.But sometimes (when my skin needs to be exfoliated)this powder can look cakey on my nose.I'm using my own powder brush instead of the puff that comes with it.There's this heavy fragrance in it so if you're looking something frag-free,it's not for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2005 5:18:00 PM More reviews by stardivina14

I love this product! It covers slight imperfections and is really lightweight on your face. The only thing I don't like is that puff. If you tip the container just a bit, all this powder comes out and cakes onto the makeup puff. I usually just use a big powder brush and swipe it off the puff, then apply it.