August 20, 2014 | 1830 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - loose powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2005 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sweetsiecola5

It's not the best powder out there. However, I like it better than Covergirl pressed powder. The packaging is teribble, though. It breaks very easily. Not good in your makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2005 5:26:00 PM More reviews by yoga4life101

The powder is nice and i didnt know it had sparkles in it but it looks nice... It give me a matte look for a lil' while but then I do re-apply... its kool though...The jar is king of big and you shouldnt carry it in your makeup bag...but i do... I like it... The jar is so cheap looking:)well the powder is cheap itself:)hehe... but yeah anyways i use it in transparent honey or something like that and I am a toasted almond complexion so... but yeah its kool... I'll buy it again if I cant find a better... I think it can last a long time too...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by scarletpimpernel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think CG Loose Powder is an excellent product. Before i began using it, my skin would always look ultra-oily like a pancake, about an hour and a half after wearing makeup. You know, sebum and foundation make a despicable combination. But after i started using this product my skin remains oil-free for a long long time, so the foundation works for a longer time and this product gives the matte effect. Finally after years im totally satisfied with my makeup base. I agree with everyone on the packaging and the puff..they both suck. Uve gotta use a powder brush.

If you have oily skin and are looking for something that will give u a 'normal skin' look with a mild glow go for this one. However im not sure how this goes with an average foundation, im currently using Maybelline's 3 in 1 Fond de Tent.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2005 12:04:00 AM More reviews by epitaph_for_myheart

I HATE the smell and the container and the puff!! BUT I love the amount of product *20grams!!!!* and how it sets and makes my face matte. Packaging sucks but I transfer it into a different container and actually use it with my foundation brush. This is definitely NOT for your make up bag and Seriously not for those with sensitive noses! I use translucent medium for my nc35 skin. It's a great price too! I can't remember how much it costs, I bought it a really long time ago and still have like, 17 grams left haha but it was cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2005 3:07:00 PM More reviews by shebusy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's an average powder all the way around. You won't hate it nor will you love it. There's better out there for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2005 4:13:00 AM More reviews by sparklyrocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is not milled finely enough and does give my face a bit of the cakey powder look. Also, there is an awful fragrance in it that reminds me of baby powder. I recommend using a powder brush for a better finish, not the puff that comes in it. Will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 12:09:00 PM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the product itself but HATE the jar.The powder is very nice,transparent and lightweight on your face.But sometimes (when my skin needs to be exfoliated)this powder can look cakey on my nose.I'm using my own powder brush instead of the puff that comes with it.There's this heavy fragrance in it so if you're looking something frag-free,it's not for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2005 5:18:00 PM More reviews by stardivina14

I love this product! It covers slight imperfections and is really lightweight on your face. The only thing I don't like is that puff. If you tip the container just a bit, all this powder comes out and cakes onto the makeup puff. I usually just use a big powder brush and swipe it off the puff, then apply it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2005 8:12:00 PM More reviews by espoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gets the job done well enough and doesn't cake up, but it's so easy to spill this stuff all over the place..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2004 5:53:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am convinced that CG makes the best powder in the world. I have had everything from Wet 'n' Wild to Chanel to MAC, and I always go back to CG b/c nothing else measures up. This powder gives my skin a natural, matte, no-makeup look & it never turns a different color on me or cakes up. I use the loose powder in the morning & keep a pressed powder compact in my purse for touchups. Some of the colors in this line are iffy, but if you find your shade this is a great product. I have Translucent Fair(and either Buff Beige or Classic Ivory in the pressed), which is an excellent neutral color for light to medium skin tones. I love the fresh Noxzema-ish fragrance(I've used CG powders since high school, so the smell always takes me back to my teen years!) & the puff works just fine if you don't have a powder brush. Best of all, the container is huge & one will last me forever. And it's only $5! Great stuff, a staple for me.