Estee Lauder Pleasures Delight

3.6

on 3/24/2008 7:29:00 AM

This is my absolute favorite perfume! It is rather light, but very sweet! This stuff smells almost good enough to eat with its vanilla, strawberries, marshmallows, caramel, and sugared rose petals scents... My boyfriend loves how this smells on me! It is absolutely perfect to wear during the day, however, for a night out with my guy I would probably choose a scent that is a little more sultry and seductive. I will definitely buy this perfume again!

on 3/21/2008 7:25:00 PM

I bought this because it smelled a lot like Angel, without that bitter chocolate note. My husband loves Angel, so I thought he'd love this. Well, he doesn't. And after wearing it for awhile, neither do I.

It's dried down from a yummy, confectionary delight into smelling plasticky and cloying. It quite literally is making me sick to my stomach. You know what it reminds me of? The way a brand new Barbie doll smells (Or did, when I was a kid) when you first take her out of the box.

Yuck.

on 3/13/2008 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This smells exactly like the ad: flowers, cupcakes and strawberries. Yes, it is sweet, but it is not annoying. I think this is the most youthful fragrance by EL. When you first spray it, it smells like fresh flowers with a tiny sweet twist, then it evolves to the cupcakes and strawberries phase, that to my delight, is still fresh. I really recommend it.

on 3/8/2008 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I don't like the other Pleasure fragrances, but this one has captivated me. Once the sales woman sprayed it, I was in love and had to buy. Now of course that means no more going out to eat this month. It is expensive but this stuff stays on. It's not a headache causing fragrance either. Soft.

on 3/7/2008 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A scumptious, creamy, beautiful fragrance. Funny, I really wanted to hate this. I mean, come on, "Pleasures???" So mainstream and so bland. Yet, this new incarnation is so different from the original. This stuff is foody, but is blended so well and with enough patchouli to balance the whole thing. You get hints of marshmallow and strawberries, but not so much that you feel like you should be dessert. Do not make a judgement from the bottle--this stuff really needs to be worn. The drydown is absolutely gorgeous and reminds me of all the good notes in Angel (without some of the body odor issues that fragrance can emit). Really worth a try. Update: Still like this scent, but find it a bit too cloying at times.

on 2/21/2008 11:02:00 PM

I must admit, I hated Pleasures Delight when I first tried it at the Estee Lauder counter. I walked away and didn't give it a second thought, until I was ordering Pure White Linen Light Breeze and chose Pleasures Delight as the sample gift because I've heard some great reviews about it since my initial sniff. I love that this perfume is not too sweet, not too strong and that it is quite a different fragrance from all of the other Pleasures. Mmmm, yes, I smell vanilla and something else that I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Feminine and delightful, indeed. A light spray or two (at the most) is plenty and this fragrance lasts. I am still using my generous sample and will most likely purchase a bottle once I run out.

on 2/17/2008 9:06:00 PM

I got this perfume for Valentine's Day after smelling an insert in my magazine. I got the kit with the shower gel, body lotion,and 1.7 oz EDP. And it smells amazing and lasts all day. I remember smelling this in the past and hating it, but you have to give it a chance and actually smell it on yourself, not on a piece of paper or whatever. It is so lovely and feminine smelling. My boyfriend loves it too!

on 2/7/2008 3:59:00 PM

I love this fragrance...after 3 hours on the wrist. Don't be fooled by the first sent that comes out of the bottle, it really transforms with the heat from your wrist and changes to a wonderful bouquet of berries, vanilla, flowers and soap. At first it smells like a couple of other perfumes, but as said, it transforms after a while so you need to try it before you buy it.

on 1/10/2008 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It's all vanilla to my nose. Yes, it's a warm and subtle kind of vanilla, not the harsh one like Escada Magnetism. Actually, it's really nice if you are looking for vanilla type of perfume.

But in the other hand, the scent is not complicated enough for an estee lauder perfume. You don't buy expensive perfume just to smell vanilla. It must be more than that.

It's funny that after smelling Delight, it remind me of something. Something i've smelt before.. and guess what. It's my Lux's spice body shower.

And I'm quite bored with the bottle.

I will buy it if it's not that expensive or if I have extra cash to burn. But for now, I can easily replace it with something from Victoria' secret.

Yummy! Pleasures Delight is a foody fragrance yet is sophisticated and long lasting. I love that is an eau de parfum and not an edt. I spray it on in the morning and can smell it on my pillow at night. The initial spray reminds me of Amor Amor, but as it dries down it is much less fruity and abrasive. It does have a similarity to Angel, but it is much less spicy. It's worth a smell and a bargain for $45 for 1.7 oz!

Popular Fragrances