China Glaze For Audrey

4.3

on 9/16/2012 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The color is fantastic. But the application is a bit streaky and gloppy, which is pretty annoying.

Still, once you smooth out the streaks, it's a nice polish.

This is a creme finish in a world famous shade of robin's egg blue in the bottle. However, on my hands it becomes a slightly brighter almost-turquoise. It has the typical ChG formulation (it takes 2-3 coats to get it opaque; I've had my bottle for over a year and it hasn't thickened much) and skinny brush. This is a summer staple for both my fingers and toes that will get you compliments ;)

on 8/26/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

i don't get what the big deal is honestly. I do like the polish and application was pretty good. The color is a pretty creamy Tiffany blue, i do like it but just don't think its the greatest polish ever or anything.

on 8/21/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

GORGEOUS color, crap formula that is chippy within a day or two. I will be finding something similar in color, but hopefully better staying power.

on 8/19/2012 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I absolutely love this color. It really is Tiffany Blue.

It is a cream polish with a semi-matte finish. It glides on well without being streaky and it is opaque in two coats.

It is hard wearing and chip-free for me.

on 8/9/2012 12:31:00 AM

Nice minty teal color, no shimmer or glitter. Very simple. When I first got it, it went on okay (but somewhat uneven and thick) and needed about 3 coats. It was too much of a hassle to use. After having it for a few months it became even thicker, so much so that it was unusable. Would not buy again.

on 7/29/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My Tiffany's in a bottle :) great color for all skin tones and every season. Love it!!

on 7/23/2012 2:41:00 PM

I stopped biting my nails after almost 15 years of biting just for this nail polish. I'm a sucker for all things Tiffany blue/Breakfast at Tiffany's/Audrey Hepburn, and when first saw this polish I knew I had to have it, and I didn't want to limit it to just my toes! Obviously, I love the color -- spot-on Tiffany box blue with a cream finish. This applies nicely with no streaks and with full opacity in 2 coats. With a base coat and a top coat, this wears for about 5 days on my hands, which is typical of China Glaze for me. Now that my nail polish collection has grown considerably since buying this first bottle, For Audrey remains one of my favorite shades. It looks great whether I'm super pale or super tan, and I never fail to get compliments on this. This is one polish I will never, ever be without!

on 7/21/2012 3:19:00 AM

I bought this fabulous, close-as-you-can-get-to-Tiffany blue off amazon after a sudden, inexplicable desire for owning something (it didn't matter what) that I felt would stand out as being girly and feminine. Obviously, the first thing that came to mind was diamonds, so naturally TIFFANY'S. Since I have diamond aspirations and a cubic zirconium (from Claire's....) financial situation, I decided that having Tiffany blue nails would do the job well enough until I CAN afford Tiffany's diamonds...

I heard that this color as well as Essie's Turquoise & Caicos were as close as I could get, and quite frankly, the Audrey Hepburn reference seemed to be the true testament. I'm not the least bit disappointed.

The color is exactly what I intended, though in some lights, it can look a little on the teal side. One coat (with a few little fixer-uppers, as the beginning of each stroke I took seemed to wipe away a bit of polish and leave streaks) was exactly true to the bottle. I even forgot to put a top coat on for a few hours because it was just so dang pretty as is.

My ONLY gripe is that it seems to really show any ridges in my nails (even though I have basecoat on - Rimmel's base/top coat). It's probable that a second coat would remedy that, but I'm not going to have time tomorrow to do so until the evening, so if I remember to, I'll add an edit and let you guys know if that turned out alright!

Edit: I added a second coat as I thought I would, but now I have a second, more serious gripe. When adding a second coat, the formula of this polish gums up QUICKLY and makes it extremely difficult to do touch ups if it didn't go on evenly, or if you got a nick somehow while doing the second coat. I've had to redo one thumb twice, and the opposite ring finger once. The one time I tried to just fix a minor bump on the thumb, I got a goopy, uneven, way too thick third layer and had to COMPLETELY wipe off all polish on that nail with a cotton ball and remover and start all over again.... I wish I could pull back half a star, because this definitely was an irritating polish experience, though I still do adore the color. Irritated, yet not deterred, I now have two even (though slightly thick) coats of Tiffany blue on my nails....

on 7/7/2012 5:32:00 PM

Loveeeee this nail polish. Favorite of all time.

Top Rated China Glaze Products