April 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - For Audrey

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by KeemBee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My Tiffany's in a bottle :) great color for all skin tones and every season. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I stopped biting my nails after almost 15 years of biting just for this nail polish. I'm a sucker for all things Tiffany blue/Breakfast at Tiffany's/Audrey Hepburn, and when first saw this polish I knew I had to have it, and I didn't want to limit it to just my toes! Obviously, I love the color -- spot-on Tiffany box blue with a cream finish. This applies nicely with no streaks and with full opacity in 2 coats. With a base coat and a top coat, this wears for about 5 days on my hands, which is typical of China Glaze for me. Now that my nail polish collection has grown considerably since buying this first bottle, For Audrey remains one of my favorite shades. It looks great whether I'm super pale or super tan, and I never fail to get compliments on this. This is one polish I will never, ever be without!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by JanaFae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this fabulous, close-as-you-can-get-to-Tiffany blue off amazon after a sudden, inexplicable desire for owning something (it didn't matter what) that I felt would stand out as being girly and feminine. Obviously, the first thing that came to mind was diamonds, so naturally TIFFANY'S. Since I have diamond aspirations and a cubic zirconium (from Claire's....) financial situation, I decided that having Tiffany blue nails would do the job well enough until I CAN afford Tiffany's diamonds...

I heard that this color as well as Essie's Turquoise & Caicos were as close as I could get, and quite frankly, the Audrey Hepburn reference seemed to be the true testament. I'm not the least bit disappointed.

The color is exactly what I intended, though in some lights, it can look a little on the teal side. One coat (with a few little fixer-uppers, as the beginning of each stroke I took seemed to wipe away a bit of polish and leave streaks) was exactly true to the bottle. I even forgot to put a top coat on for a few hours because it was just so dang pretty as is.

My ONLY gripe is that it seems to really show any ridges in my nails (even though I have basecoat on - Rimmel's base/top coat). It's probable that a second coat would remedy that, but I'm not going to have time tomorrow to do so until the evening, so if I remember to, I'll add an edit and let you guys know if that turned out alright!

Edit: I added a second coat as I thought I would, but now I have a second, more serious gripe. When adding a second coat, the formula of this polish gums up QUICKLY and makes it extremely difficult to do touch ups if it didn't go on evenly, or if you got a nick somehow while doing the second coat. I've had to redo one thumb twice, and the opposite ring finger once. The one time I tried to just fix a minor bump on the thumb, I got a goopy, uneven, way too thick third layer and had to COMPLETELY wipe off all polish on that nail with a cotton ball and remover and start all over again.... I wish I could pull back half a star, because this definitely was an irritating polish experience, though I still do adore the color. Irritated, yet not deterred, I now have two even (though slightly thick) coats of Tiffany blue on my nails....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Lilypooh24

Loveeeee this nail polish. Favorite of all time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by SignMeUp

Amazing color! But I wish the brush was of a better quality.The way it is now, makes the polish go on streaky. Also, there is cuticle drag and bubbles if you are not careful to avoid this. Still, I think the color is worth the hassle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by foofighter99

My favourite nail colour for summer toes - E V A HHHHHH! As it's name implies it is the exact colour of a Tiffany box. Hence the Audrey (Hepburn) reference.

The colour is smooth and applies exceptionally well. Two coats really anchors the polish (with a clear topcoat) but I put on one coat in an uber-quickie pedicure because my toes were blasphemous and it's Day 3 and they have not chipped at all (and that's no topcoat folks).

I just can't stop staring at them because the colour is soooo pretty. It really sets my skin tone off as well. I see it being a pretty neutral for all skin tones. It can be compared to a robin's egg blue shade. I've gotten so many compliments on the colour.

The price is low for a salon brand (cheaper than other brands - you know who you are) and as far as I am concerned China Glaze is one of the best nail varnish/polishes out there. The only thing I would complain about is that it thickens quickly.....but hey all nailpolishes do. I will just buy another one.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this colour after reading all the hype. It's not a colour I would have picked up otherwise but I thought I would give it a go. I'm actually sorry I did. I wanted to like this colour but it's just not for me. I don't like the look of it on my nail... I have warm toned skin and I think maybe this colour is better for people with cool toned skin? Anyway I asked a few people (friends, mum, boyfriend) whether they liked it and didn't get any positive feedback... just a bunch of "oh.. yeh it's okay"... not exactly what I was going for. As for the formula, I thought it was okay. A little on the streaky side, but nothing a couple of coats couldn't fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Sugarcoma82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really pretty minty color. I was asked by my sister to find her a mint/creme color and got her this one, I noticed later that it was called "For Audrey" and my sisters little girls name is Audrie. =) Anyway, it does get a little thick but if you use the old trick of adding a few drops of fingernail polish remover it really helps it thin out and apply better..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by apple98rs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this color its like a dark robins egg blue. it gets thick really fast and you have to apply it quickly. but the color is so brilliant its worth it. it dries pretty shiny so you dont need a top coat but i put one anyway for chipping purposes, am pretty rough with my nails but this polish with three coats and top coat didnt chip for a whole week, which is a record for me. i would recommend this color i think it would look good on a variety of different skin tones. will i repurchase? heck yes

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ErycahBlueberrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such a beautiful color! And easy to apply. Three layers and it was perfect.